X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers Offseason: Looking forward to more in 2019-20 <<<

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    There have been cases where a typo in a requirement or spec or drug study or medical charts has resulted in fatal consequences (or the wrong body part being amputated). Go read up on what they believe was a key cause of the Columbia disaster. (Hint: a poorly worded PowerPoint presentation...)

When you are in the quality field like I am, you learn about them.
    Seems like A type personalities do well in that field...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      Seems like A type personalities do well in that field...
      More like OCD people...
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
        Hmmm. Duquesne or Temple? SUNY Albany perhaps? I'm gonna bet on Drexel.
        Syracuse?
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
          Syracuse?
          He said it wasn't one of the usual suspects. That probably rules out Syracuse and Rhode Island.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
            He said it wasn't one of the usual suspects. That probably rules out Syracuse and Rhode Island.
            You’re probably right, when I read “geographical footprint” I immediately thought of the western pod teams, so I thought of Syracuse and Buffalo. Maybe a little wishful thinking on my part too as it would be nice to add another western New York school along the Thruway/Amtrak corridor.
            RPI Engineers
            RIT Tigers
            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Leather Lungs View Post
              The usual suspects have been Liberty, Navy, Syracuse, Rhode Island, and one or more of the New England D-II schools. More now are said to be in the mix.

Comment

Utica College seems like a logical fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                  The usual suspects have been Liberty, Navy, Syracuse, Rhode Island, and one or more of the New England D-II schools. More now are said to be in the mix.
                  One of the New England DII schools picked up a 3 star commitment. I think it was Franklin Pierce?? Can we read anything into that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sidthekid87 View Post
                    Utica College seems like a logical fit.
                    Except that Utica is a D-III school and can't play up to D-I.

Powers &8^]

Comment

A well-connected and reliable source told me about two D-I colleges with club programs that are looking at going varsity and which are not names I have heard mentioned previously. Both are within the existing geographical footprint of the league (not counting Air Force).
                      Based on this map, the D-I universities with ACHA men's D-I club teams (but no men's varsity team) in the AHA footprint are:
                      • University at Buffalo
                      • Syracuse University
                      • St. Bonaventure University
                      • Binghamton University
                      • University of Rhode Island
                      • Duquesne University
                      • University of Pittsburgh
                      • (arguably) Youngstown State University
                      • (arguably) Stony Brook University

Some of the Eastern PA schools may also be considered within the geographical footprint, depending on your definition.

Slippery Rock and IUP are D-II; Oswego, Cortland, Rochester, and W&J are D-III. As noted, URI and Syracuse don't qualify as "not names I have heard mentioned previously".

There are, of course, dozens and dozens of ACHA Men's D-II teams in New England athat could qualify. Here's that map: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...le-ACHA_D2.PNG

Powers &8^]

Comment

I never see Binghampton in the conversation,they love their hockey,no rink or interest by the school??? They are in the area as well...Just askin??..Edit just saw them in the post above, but never much talk about'em?? ...I also belive they are D1 in sports..

Comment

Speaking of Liberty, I was down in Lynchburg on a business trip a few months ago (the company I work for has a facility down there). So, I read up on Liberty University in the hopes of taking a visit to their campus (the weather sucked the whole time I was there, so I never ended up doing any exploring of the area).

Liberty University has a ton of money. But, I think everyone already knows that (there is a lot of money in religion and higher education; combine them and...). They are expanding and building like crazy. One thing that really stood out was they have a rink that from the description of it, could rival just about any D1 college hockey rink. They have three men's club teams and two women's club teams. It appears they get very good attendance. They also have a figure skating team. If they wanted to go varsity hockey, they could support the effort with just a snap of the fingers...

True fact: they are also the only college that does not have to abide by Title IX. Can anyone guess why?
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Can anyone guess why?
                            No clue.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              No clue.

Powers &8^]
                              Same here. No idea.
                              RPI Engineers
                              RIT Tigers
                              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

True fact: they are also the only college that does not have to abide by Title IX. Can anyone guess why?
                                Because they accept no Federal Funding whatsoever?

Comment

Working...
                                X