Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Gleybar Torres simply owns Baltimore pitchers. 26 HR on the season for Torres, half of them against Baltimore pitching.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Gleybar Torres simply owns Baltimore pitchers. 26 HR on the season for Torres, half of them against Baltimore pitching.
      The steadily increasing levels of salt from Gary Thorne after each HR are a treat.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Per HighHeatStats

There is only one player in MLB history who was teammates with all three fathers of the current second-generation Blue Jays.

Dave Veres played with:

Craig Biggio on the 1994-95 Astros
        Dante Bichette on the 1998-99 Rockies
        Vladimir Guerrero on the 1996-97 Expos
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Everyone wins 54 and loses 54. It's what you do with the last 54 that determines the season.
          And even the best teams don't win much more than 60% of the time.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Aaron Boone in favor of a mercy rule.

In makes sense in Little League, it makes sense in high school, and with travel/classes it makes sense in college (if they choose to use it, apparently it's optional in NCAA baseball). Once you get paid, especially at the top level in the world, there shouldn't be a mercy rule.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Aaron Boone in favor of a mercy rule.

In makes sense in Little League, it makes sense in high school, and with travel/classes it makes sense in college (if they choose to use it, apparently it's optional in NCAA baseball). Once you get paid, especially at the top level in the world, there shouldn't be a mercy rule.
              He only said that because the Yankees were blown out 19-5 by the Indians. Besides, you would think a mercy rule could potentially affect performance incentives...
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Chris Sale on the 10 day IL with elbow inflammation and a visit to Dr. Andrews.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  He only said that because the Yankees were blown out 19-5 by the Indians. Besides, you would think a mercy rule could potentially affect performance incentives...
                  It would. AND affect future games, due to pitching matchups/relievers and such.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah, you're getting paid millions of dollars to play baseball. If you suck so bad on a given night that you get blown out by 20 runs, you deserve the embarrassment...suck it ip, buttercup.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Yeah, you're getting paid millions of dollars to play baseball. If you suck so bad on a given night that you get blown out by 20 runs, you deserve the embarrassment...suck it ip, buttercup.
                      I find that offensive and chauvinist. We should feel safe on a public message board, and not feel threatened with your male-dominated labels.

And also: *up
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm good with 10 or more after 7. At that point, things are 99.9% certain. And with the lineup manipulation that goes on today, you might as well end it. This is something that "modern" baseball needs. We've passed the point of no return for the baseball of nostalgia. Time to evolve in this particular case...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          I'm good with 10 or more after 7. At that point, things are 99.9% certain. And with the lineup manipulation that goes on today, you might as well end it. This is something that "modern" baseball needs. We've passed the point of no return for the baseball of nostalgia. Time to evolve in this particular case...
                          Your team should suffer if the pitchers cant get outs (or defense sucks). Ruined your bullpen for a week? Play better.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Watching some of the LLWS games, there's a stark difference between some of the international teams and the US teams.

Japan, Curacao, and Korea come off much more as playing baseball on a small field, whereas the US teams come off as playing small field baseball.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, or maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there, but there's something more natural watching those international teams play.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Watching some of the LLWS games, there's a stark difference between some of the international teams and the US teams.

Japan, Curacao, and Korea come off much more as playing baseball on a small field, whereas the US teams come off as playing small field baseball.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, or maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there, but there's something more natural watching those international teams play.
                              I haven't seen any of the games, but I understand what you're saying.

Comment

Sucky pirates catcher starts with a swing at a ball in the dirt. Then swings and misses at one in his eyes. At bat ends with him watching strike 3 on the corner——and he walks away questioning the ump
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X