Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Some friends and I were talking about this the other day....if it's a big time hit, like a game winner or in the playoffs, ok, flip that bat. You earned it. The everyday thing? That's BS.
    Dodgers-Giants. A little more fuel for the fire, regardless of the Giants' record. I like it, and the quote is great.

I've changed my stance on celebrations in the past 10 years or so. It's a different game now. Can you imagine how much fun it would have been to see Griffey be able to let loose when he played?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      Dodgers-Giants. A little more fuel for the fire, regardless of the Giants' record. I like it, and the quote is great.

I've changed my stance on celebrations in the past 10 years or so. It's a different game now. Can you imagine how much fun it would have been to see Griffey be able to let loose when he played?
      IMO Griffey (both Sr and Jr) were too classy to do that. Jr especially, he was the Barry Sanders of MLB.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have done a 180 on this, too. And as for Griffey Jr? While I loved watching Griffey play, and his swing was just beautiful, I remember him f-bombing Sparky after hammering one out at the Kingdome back in the day.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          I have done a 180 on this, too. And as for Griffey Jr? While I loved watching Griffey play, and his swing was just beautiful, I remember him f-bombing Sparky after hammering one out at the Kingdome back in the day.
          Everybody has their moments. Heck, even Joe DiMaggio kicked the dirt once...
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Mad Bum pimped an earlier HR he hit vs the Dodgers. It was almost exactly the same as what Muncy did. So he has nothing to say on it.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              When your team employs Prince Fielder, one tends to soften on such things.

Although, your team also employed him, but maybe he was older and a little more mature then.

Comment

When your team employs Prince Fielder, one tends to soften on such things.

Although, your team also employed him, but maybe he was older and a little more mature then.
                I dunno. I remember him taking a nacho chip from one of our fans after missing a foul pop-up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT7FGQls0KM
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Justin Uptons OPS after 1 ab this year is 5.000.

Was a HR.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

If only someone could figure out how to beat a shift

Matt Carpenter gets a Gold Star
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

17 inning marathon between Twins and Red Sox tonight...JD Martinez and Miguel Sano combined: 0-for-15, 10 K
                      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Kepler with a walk off single with the bases loaded. Twins win 4-3.

Cora is irate, because Rosario should have been out before his double. Toes of his right foot go outside the box on a bunt attempt, which was missed by the umpires.

Edit: Correct call was made. Evidently any part of the foot being on chalk counts as being in the box. Learned something! Cora has also apologized for blowing up after he saw the replay.
                        Last edited by state of hockey; 06-19-2019, 10:28 AM.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

I don't think this is how people envisioned MLB returning to Montreal...

https://***********/JeffPassan/statu...61834434871297
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                            I don't think this is how people envisioned MLB returning to Montreal...

https://***********/JeffPassan/statu...61834434871297
                            That’s the second dumbest thing they could have done. Unreal.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              That’s the second dumbest thing they could have done. Unreal.
                              Is the first dumbest thing building a new stadium in Tampa? Because I think it’s clear MLB just doesn’t work in Florida.

For the sheer absurdity and uniqueness I kind of hope it happens. Montreal-Tampa Bay Rays? Tampa Bay-Montreal Rays? Switch the name based on which part of the season they play home games? North America Rays?
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Is the first dumbest thing building a new stadium in Tampa?
                                Lol. Yes.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X