Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Okay, what in the blue **** is on his face?!?!

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/mike-fiers-wears-bizarre-beard
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

I think it's genius.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Mattingly, I told you to cut those sideburns!
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Speaking of pitching in high scoring games. Cubs with 10 part way through the 6th, and the Pirates reliever hits 3 of the 5 batters he faces. Benches clear, of course, then he walks the next.

Edit: Next batter up homers to make it 13 - 1. 30 runs scored in 15 innings so far. These Pirates pitchers are ready for the golf course.
          so there WERE control issues
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Pitch the last three innings as a reliever, you get a save regardless of the score. Wouldn't shock me.
            Oh. I thought that was just a hold. I thought for a save you had to be within three and some other convoluted if then statements.

Edit:
            A relief pitcher recording a save must preserve his team's lead while doing one of the following:
            Enter the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitch at least one inning.
            Enter the game with the tying run in the on-deck circle, at the plate or on the bases.
            Pitch at least three innings.

Huh
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Oh. I thought that was just a hold. I thought for a save you had to be within three and some other convoluted if then statements.

Edit:
              A relief pitcher recording a save must preserve his team's lead while doing one of the following:
              Enter the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitch at least one inning.
              Enter the game with the tying run in the on-deck circle, at the plate or on the bases.

Huh
              For a save the pitcher also has to be the final pitcher for the winning team but can not be the winning pitcher. The rule has been official since the late 60s and has only undergone a couple of minor tweaks, including the part about coming in with the tying run at least on deck.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Edit:

Huh
                Basically, to get a hold, you have to enter the game in a save situation, not finish the game, but don't blow the save, either.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Man, Gibson has been trash his last 2 outings.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So the Cubs have scored 47 runs in three games against the Pirates, tying the modern day record. One inning left.

7 of their last 10 games are against StL, and they will probably average under 2 rpg. Cubs love softball, and Pittsburgh seems willing to play it.

Comment

So the Cubs have scored 47 runs in three games against the Pirates, tying the modern day record. One inning left.

7 of their last 10 games are against StL, and they will probably average under 2 rpg. Cubs love softball, and Pittsburgh seems willing to play it.
                      The other three are against the Pirates. They'll probably score 60.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Basically, to get a hold, you have to enter the game in a save situation, not finish the game, but don't blow the save, either.
                        which leads to those wonderful holds where a guy comes in in the 6th in a 10-1 game, gives up 6 runs, and still gets a hold because he left with the lead and it was technically a save situation since he could've pitched 4 innings for the save.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          which leads to those wonderful holds where a guy comes in in the 6th in a 10-1 game, gives up 6 runs, and still gets a hold because he left with the lead and it was technically a save situation since he could've pitched 4 innings for the save.
                          Nope, can't happen. Definition of a hold:

A hold occurs when a relief pitcher enters the game in a save situation and maintains his team's lead for the next relief pitcher, while recording at least one out. One of two conditions must be met for a pitcher to record a hold: 1) He enters with a lead of three runs or less and maintains that lead while recording at least one out. 2) He enters the game with the tying run on-deck, at the plate or on the bases, and records an out.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Edit:

Huh
                            someone needs to turn in their man card.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Those guys cannot sacrifice bunt to save their souls.
                              The Yankees actually attempted a suicide squeeze yesterday. Judge was halfway down from third base, but Gardner's bunt went foul.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                The Yankees actually attempted a suicide squeeze yesterday. Judge was halfway down from third base, but Gardner's bunt went foul.
                                Go ahead, block the plate. I dare ya!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X