Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Also

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Is the first dumbest thing building a new stadium in Tampa? Because I think it’s clear MLB just doesn’t work in Florida.

For the sheer absurdity and uniqueness I kind of hope it happens. Montreal-Tampa Bay Rays? Tampa Bay-Montreal Rays? Switch the name based on which part of the season they play home games? North America Rays?
    They should play a third in Mexico City and just call them the NAFTA Rays.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Your players now have to buy two houses. In two separate countries. And be paid in USD and CAD and have to worry about two tax codes and exchange rates.

That'll attract that free agent talent toot-sweet.

And then you make the playoffs. What then? Give a giant eff you to one of your two fanbases?

If this was a Kansas City/Omaha or "Golden State" (SD/SF) type situation it might work. Not this.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Is the first dumbest thing building a new stadium in Tampa? Because I think it’s clear MLB just doesn’t work in Florida.

For the sheer absurdity and uniqueness I kind of hope it happens. Montreal-Tampa Bay Rays? Tampa Bay-Montreal Rays? Switch the name based on which part of the season they play home games? North America Rays?
        How about "Snowbirds"?

Comment

Tampa Bay-Montreal ExRays. Make it so.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good lord. If the cities were even remotely close to each other this would still be a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.. stupid, stupid stupid move.

But putting them something like 1500 miles apart is ...

Wow. Just when I thought the NHL was the stupidest of the NA pro leagues.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Tampa Bay-Montreal ExRays. Make it so.
              Ya RayPos doesnt seem right.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

On the bright side, this seems like an obvious bluff to the local area to try to get them to put up public money for a new stadium (they likely won't and absolutely shouldn't). It's pretty transparent, but in such an awe-inspiringly stupid way that I don't even know how anyone with a brain thought to publicize it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                  On the bright side, this seems like an obvious bluff to the local area to try to get them to put up public money for a new stadium (they likely won't and absolutely shouldn't). It's pretty transparent, but in such an awe-inspiringly stupid way that I don't even know how anyone with a brain thought to publicize it.
                  The Rays are trapped at the trop until 2027. They missed their window to get out.

So its probably not about stadium funding for them anymore.
                  Last edited by JF_Gophers; 06-20-2019, 02:23 PM.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Your players now have to buy two houses. In two separate countries. And be paid in USD and CAD and have to worry about two tax codes and exchange rates.

That'll attract that free agent talent toot-sweet.

And then you make the playoffs. What then? Give a giant eff you to one of your two fanbases?

If this was a Kansas City/Omaha or "Golden State" (SD/SF) type situation it might work. Not this.
                    Players get paid in USD, regardless of where they play. The CDN$ is currently $0.74 US.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      The Rays are trapped at the trop until 2027. They missed their window to get out.

So its probably not about stadium funding for them anymore.
                      That may be true (lease timing) but that doesn't mean they can't start saber-rattling now.

Comment

The Mets hired Phil Regan as pitching coach.

Phil Regan faced Ted Williams in a game. Phil Regan is 82.

Eighty. Two.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          Good lord. If the cities were even remotely close to each other this would still be a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.. stupid, stupid stupid move.

But putting them something like 1500 miles apart is ...

Wow. Just when I thought the NHL was the stupidest of the NA pro leagues.
                          The Yankees broadcasters were saying yesterday there is no way they can see the Players Association agreeing to this proposal.

They also brought up the issue of the players' children. If they want to move their families to where they play, their kids have to constantly be changing schools.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Watching Twins relievers is not a good time. They are always right on the edge of failure.
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Cole Hamels hadn't allowed a HR on an 0-2 count in 5 years.

He just met Pete Alonso.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

On Friday, Dodgers' rookie Matt Beaty hit a walkoff homerun to beat the Rockies.

On Saturday, Dodgers' rookie Alex Verdugo hit a walkoff homerun to beat the Rockies.

This was the first time in the history of baseball that one team's rookies hit walkoff homeruns in back-to-back games.

On Sunday, Dodgers' rookie Will Smith hit a walkoff homerun to beat the Rockies.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X