Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2019: Every Year at Playoff Time, The Dodgers Find A Way to Choke.

Id say Orioles are bigger in eastern NC than Nats. At least anecdotally.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Slightly outdated, but still mostly accurate:

The west suburbs of Chicago have trended more Cubbie Blue since 2007, but still a decent representation.

*edit* This map also makes more sense than MLB's ridiculous TV Blackout map.

*edit2* This fan made update to the map is more accurate:
      https://i.redd.it/n5s4n2oznwo21.png I can't speak for the updates in the West or East though.
      The update to the Blue Jays is good.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Slightly outdated, but still mostly accurate:
        I'm shocked Cardinals Nation isn't close to the entire prairie. Even before the superstations they had a legendary radio network that made the Cardinals the "home" team of every place west of the Mississippi.

I'd say if you made a map for each team showing where it was the first- or second-favorite team, between them the Yankees and Cardinals would cover almost the entire nation. They'd only be missing the slave states, where it's the Barves.
        Last edited by Kepler; 08-02-2019, 11:15 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I'm shocked Cardinals Nation isn't close to the entire prairie. Even before the superstations they had a legendary radio network that made the Cardinals the "home" team of every place west of the Mississippi.
          Plus their fans root for their team "the right way".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Plus their fans root for their team "the right way".
            So Keith tells me every night.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              *edit2* This fan made update to the map is more accurate:
              https://i.redd.it/n5s4n2oznwo21.png I can't speak for the updates in the West or East though.
              Definitely truer in NorCal with the Giants recent success. But the A's will make up ground over time being the more consistent franchise.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Definitely truer in NorCal with the Giants recent success. But the A's will make up ground over time being the more consistent franchise.
                Definitely more accurate in the northeast. When I was a lad, New England was split Red Sox fans to the east of the Connecticut River and Yankees fans to the west of it. This may have changed with pink hatted Fenway front runners.

The far eastern portion of LI is Boston fans. The Mets territory is extremely small -- really just Queens, Brooklyn, the northern half of Nassau and the northwestern quadrant of Suffolk. The southern half of Nassau and Suffolk out to Riverhead is the Skanks. This also works with Isles/Rags and Jets/Giants.

It's completely wrong for the PNW. As a Mariners fan I can tell you that OR and even southern WA is SF country for both the MLB and NFL. It's infuriating but true. I also doubt Mariners Nation goes farther east than the Snake River. ID and MT are unincorporated -- they're doing fly fishing and lynchings up there, not baseball.

Insofar as there is any baseball allegiance in unincorporated, it's the Yankees. They're insidious, like the Cowboys used to be.
                Last edited by Kepler; 08-02-2019, 11:26 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

It's completely wrong for the PNW. As a Mariners fan I can tell you that OR and even southern WA is SF country for both the MLB and NFL. It's infuriating but true. I also doubt Mariners Nation goes beyond the Snake River. ID and MT are unincorporated -- they're doing fly fishing and lynchings up there, not baseball.
                  Yeah maybe in the late 90s and early 00s the Mariners were making a move there, but in the last 10 years they have to had lost a lot of ground.

KDR

Comment

A's just did the most A's thing ever - signed a fan who hit 96 on the radar gun game at Coors.

Apparently said fan played high school ball and they had been talking, but injuries got in the way.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      A's just did the most A's thing ever - signed a fan who hit 96 on the radar gun game at Coors.

Apparently said fan played high school ball and they had been talking, but injuries got in the way.
                      It wasn't a high schooler who injured his arm and just got his cast off?

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

Assume the movie rights have already been sold to Disney?

(Unless he's black.)
                        Cornell University

Comment

Assume the movie rights have already been sold to Disney?

(Unless he's black.)
                          You haven’t seen Rookie of the Year?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

How did the Cubs pitching coach miss signing this kid?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

His tendons are a little tight, so we'll have to see how he holds up in the long run
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                IL to offer StL Cardinals license plates
                                In NYS, you can pretty much get any sports team, including NASCAR drivers, on a license plate.

It’s all about the money.
                                Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 08-02-2019, 03:40 PM.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X