Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019 Offseason -- a respite from the red menace

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hmmm, seems like Goldie has an identity crisis then. Squirrels have a lot more meat on them than gophers.
    It all tastes like chicken anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
      It all tastes like chicken anyway
      Especially with the Colonels' 11 special spices.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Especially with the Colonels' 11 special spices.
        enjoy it now Tim
        you are going to eat crow soon
        like the last nine years

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          enjoy it now Tim
          you are going to eat crow soon
          like the last nine years
          Shirley you don't know Watt are you talking about. I think some of the next 6 years have a high probability of being crowless, though crow is also tasty with the 11 seasonings and spices. I'll take 3 out of the next 6 and be very happy.

Comment

Shirley you don't know Watt are you talking about. I think some of the next 6 years have a high probability of being crowless, though crow is also tasty with the 11 seasonings and spices. I'll take 3 out of the next 6 and be very happy.
            Hopefully Badgers don't turn it into the WCH.. EH! I heard Canadian Chicken tastes a bit more transferred during the shipping process.

Comment

... crow is also tasty with the 11 seasonings and spices. I'll take 3 out of the next 6 and be very happy.
              I bet you will, but eating 3 and letting your family fight over the remaining 3, isn't that kind of gluttonous??

Comment

Hmmm, seems like Goldie has an identity crisis then.
                Supposedly, whoever created Goldy used a chipmunk instead of a gopher as a model. Personally, I'm okay with that, as gophers aren't much to look at.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  Supposedly, whoever created Goldy used a chipmunk instead of a gopher as a model. Personally, I'm okay with that, as gophers aren't much to look at.
                  We will expect Tim to refer to the Gophers in the future as marmots, not rodents.

Comment

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/7...ayla-pahl.aspx
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019 Offseason -- a respite from the red menace

"Minnesota led the Big Ten for the fourth-straight year with Academic All-Americans and once again finished as one of the most decorated schools in the nation. The Gophers finished third nationally in Academic All-Americans."

(Congrats to Nicole Schammel for helping to make this possible!)

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...b6738ad6c.html
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

From the Star Tribune:

"Jessica Scott was named the Gophers’ director of women’s hockey operations. She was the head coach of the Wayzata High School girls’ hockey team the past three years."

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          From the Star Tribune:

"Jessica Scott was named the Gophers’ director of women’s hockey operations. She was the head coach of the Wayzata High School girls’ hockey team the past three years."
                          Here's the GWH announcement: https://gophersports.com/news/2019/7...perations.aspx. An impressive resume.

Comment

Another note from the Star Tribune:

"Forward Amy Potomak and defenseman Olivia Knowles of the Gophers are among 45 players invited to the BFL Canada national women’s development team selection camp at the Markin MacPhail Centre in Calgary from Aug. 2-11. A team from the camp will play a U.S. team in Lake Placid, N.Y., in a series from Aug. 14-17."

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                              We will expect Tim to refer to the Gophers in the future as marmots, not rodents.
                              Nice try but I just can't stop calling a team rodents after doing it for 37 years. The sue are still the sue.

I just got back from a week in your kinda ok state, did some pike/musky fishing on Vermilion. First time on that lake, what a foreign way to fish tossing at/over rocks all day. I'm used to pretty much relating these fish to cabbage beds and weedlines. May or may not go back next year, I might get dragged to Kansas instead. Yuck.

Comment

Nice try but I just can't stop calling a team rodents after doing it for 37 years. The sue are still the sue.

I just got back from a week in your kinda ok state, did some pike/musky fishing on Vermilion. First time on that lake, what a foreign way to fish tossing at/over rocks all day. I'm used to pretty much relating these fish to cabbage beds and weedlines. May or may not go back next year, I might get dragged to Kansas instead. Yuck.
                                You were fishing for the wrong fish. Vermillion is an excellent smallmouth lake. Next year go further west to the Grand Rapids area for muskies, especially below the dam at Cohasset on the Mississippi River.

Kansas might be a better option for badgers though.
                                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 07-21-2019, 07:54 PM.
                                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Working...
                                X