Minnesota Gophers 2019 Offseason -- a respite from the red menace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Gophers 2019 Offseason -- a respite from the red menace

A room where 17 people can wander into while waiting for hockey to return.

From the previous thread ...

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
    Only two coming in and a goalie. I have heard from Maverick buddies that Gophs will most likely be getting their fastest Forward and Fastest D in the Fall. Not sure how that plays into things but sure can't hurt to add speed.
    Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    I certainly have no way of knowing if this is true, but WCHA rules would require a transfer from the Mavericks to sit out a year like Schammel did. More likely, if a transfer happens, it would be from out east.
    I read it as "their" meant belonging to the Gophers, not belonging to the Mavericks. Or, Shearen and Wethington have speed.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019 Offseason -- a respite from the red menace

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    A room where 17 people can wander into while waiting for hockey to return.

From the previous thread ...

I read it as "their" meant belonging to the Gophers, not belonging to the Mavericks. Or, Shearen and Wethington have speed.
    Correct ARM. Mav's are not loosing any. My bad, I guess it could sound that way. He was talking incoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
      Correct ARM. Mav's are not loosing any. My bad, I guess it could sound that way. He was talking incoming.
      Thanks for the clarification...
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Nice title. Does that mean I can't come in here anymore, or am I just a pest and not a menace? Before you ban me, I am curious as to how many points/games played our dear friends from the west are losing as I ponder the future battles for next season.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Does that mean I can't come in here anymore?
          You see your post, right?

or am I just a pest and not a menace?
          If you could get the Cook County prosecutor to answer this than it would probably be no on both counts of pest and menace.

Before you ban me
          Does this seem inevitable, like you're going to comment on a certain player's fashion choices?

I am curious as to how many points/games played our dear friends from the west are losing as I ponder the future battles for next season.
          Previous thread, #996...Math was done.
          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-28-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Nice title. Does that mean I can't come in here anymore, or am I just a pest and not a menace? Before you ban me, I am curious as to how many points/games played our dear friends from the west are losing as I ponder the future battles for next season.
            Who are you again? Are you now or have you ever been associated with a certain hockey team?

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...pVPnG2M:&vet=1
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Does that mean I can't come in here anymore...
              UW fans are always welcome, but at least until September, you have to leave your forecheck and backcheck in Madison. We see enough of those in rinks; we don't need them taking away all time and space in our threads.

Comment

Previous thread, #996...Math was done.
                I didn't see games played, just points. I think graduated games played is interesting to look at, especially in the D, though with UW the new players seem to just fit right in, I can't speak to how the rodent rookies fit in.

Comment

Minnesota will be fairly straightforward next year. Wethington will replace Skarzynski on D. There won't likely be enough forwards dressed for most games to play a fourth line, so freshman Shearen, along with returners Keller and Robinson, will try to bump one of the nine returning regular forwards from this season.

Comment

Did you win Power Ball?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Minnesota will be fairly straightforward next year. Wethington will replace Skarzynski on D. There won't likely be enough forwards dressed for most games to play a fourth line, so freshman Shearen, along with returners Keller and Robinson, will try to bump one of the nine returning regular forwards from this season.
                      Wasn't Robinson a D before suffering an injury?
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Wasn't Robinson a D before suffering an injury?
                        Yes, but she does offer some skills that translate to being a forward.

Comment

Yes, but she does offer some skills that translate to being a forward.
                          And she played forward in a few games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                            And she played forward in a few games this year.
                            So she will either be:
                            a) the 7th defenseman, or
                            b) competing for the last 3rd line forward position, along with Shearen, Boreen, and Keller.

Assuming no injuries to the starting 6 D, and no other surprises, I would hazard to guess that Robinson will fill out the 4rd forward line, along with Keller and probably Shearen.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Did you win Power Ball?
                              Maybe.......Does anyone know a good tax person?

Comment

Working...
                              X