Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    I am hearing this here first!
    I'm convinced that Davis did so well that Yale decided to bring in another coach from D three. First Fargo, then Penn State (but Penn State did not stay the course) with Dean Jackson (all he did was help Cornell get to the Final Four), Davis and now the Coach from Norwich.

Davis clearly outperformed Kampresal and Flanagan and in my opinion either school would have been a 20 game winner with Davis. It could easily flip flop this year as Kampresal has won in the past. Flanagan always seems to be on the ropes but winning the CHA has bought him more time.

Comment

Re: RIT new coach same BS

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      I'm convinced that Davis did so well that Yale decided to bring in another coach from D three. First Fargo, then Penn State (but Penn State did not stay the course) with Dean Jackson (all he did was help Cornell get to the Final Four), Davis and now the Coach from Norwich.

Davis clearly outperformed Kampresal and Flanagan and in my opinion either school would have been a 20 game winner with Davis. It could easily flip flop this year as Kampresal has won in the past. Flanagan always seems to be on the ropes but winning the CHA has bought him more time.
      Not to take anything from the improvement Davis has made at RIT, but with everything Mark Bolding accomplished at Norwich I doubt Yale needed to take Davis' success into account when deciding if Bolding could succeed making the jump from DIII to DI. Bolding is a far more decorated coach than Davis, including 2 NCAA titles and 4 AHCA DIII COY awards (2nd only to Kevin Houle).

I'm pretty confident the coaches who've taken a DIII team to the championship game (Jackson and Bolding both have championship wins, Fargo and Davis have second place trophies) could achieve some level of success at the helm of a DI program.
      Last edited by Scott_TG; 04-19-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Re: RIT new coach same BS

Originally posted by NorthHockey2019 View Post
        Looks like mass exodus may be the coaching staff. NCAA investigation underway. Stay tuned. Heard it here first.
        So I am confused. Is there anything to this or is this just the parent of a disgruntled player venting? I did the google search and found nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post

You seem to be giving Jackson lots of credit for the continued success of an already very successful Cornell team.

As for Davis, I’m sure he is leading RIT in the right direction (hopefully, ethically), but Syracuse won the CHA tourney and Penn State beat
          RIT four times so I’m not sure I would label it clear outperformance just yet. RIT won the CHA tourney in ‘14 and ‘15 so he did not have nearly as much ground to make up. Davis and Kampersal are both a few years away from having a roster full of their own recruits so should be good for the league when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
            Not only that but Davis is also the CHA coach of the year for the regular season.
            Coach of the year yes! Correlated to to Goalie of the year!
            You bet!

Comment

Originally posted by SyrSyr95 View Post
              You seem to be giving Jackson lots of credit for the continued success of an already very successful Cornell team.

As for Davis, I’m sure he is leading RIT in the right direction (hopefully, ethically), but Syracuse won the CHA tourney and Penn State beat
              RIT four times so I’m not sure I would label it clear outperformance just yet. RIT won the CHA tourney in ‘14 and ‘15 so he did not have nearly as much ground to make up. Davis and Kampersal are both a few years away from having a roster full of their own recruits so should be good for the league when that happens.
              Good points but the only team Penn State beat up on was RIT. I'm still scratching my head on how RIT did so well in the CHA in spite of getting drilled by Penn State. I didn't see Cornell as a Final Four team prior to them reaching there but hey that is just me. But, just as much as Penn State had RIT's number, Syracuse and Robert Morris had Penn State's. Parity.
              Last edited by Reddington; 04-19-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X