Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    resignation announced Feb 27th...is 6 weeks really a long time? ( i am guessing this means it is not one of the assistant/associate coaches as that would have happened quickly)
    https://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/w-hockey/2018-19/releases/20190409n6lzao

    I asked because I knew something

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    8

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    https://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/w-hockey/2018-19/releases/20190409n6lzao

    I asked because I knew something

    Do you know anything about the assistants? Ruzzi and Woodard? Are they staying?

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by thehip73 View Post
    Do you know anything about the assistants? Ruzzi and Woodard? Are they staying?
    My understanding is that itís possible, but no decision has been made

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    8

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    My understanding is that itís possible, but no decision has been made
    Krb... I'd love to talk to you offline.. You seem to know a lot about this situation. We have personal interest in this situation... Thanks so much!

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    106

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    So when a coach leaves....what happens to commits? Esp when some of them are 4 years from playing. Seems to me either party can back out ( not that a verbal is anything more than that to begin with.) With the early recruiting habits, this is 4 years of baggage.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    Each institution is different. Some will tell the verbals that their commitment is with the coach and others will honor the verbals.

    I suspect as the verbal committing has gotten younger and younger more institutions will be telling the verbals their commitment was with the coach.

    These new rule changes cannot get here fast enough!

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    8

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by Whockeyfan View Post
    Each institution is different. Some will tell the verbals that their commitment is with the coach and others will honor the verbals.

    I suspect as the verbal committing has gotten younger and younger more institutions will be telling the verbals their commitment was with the coach.

    These new rule changes cannot get here fast enough!
    The new rules go into effect Friday. I think if anything the new rules will keep the verbals intact since it would then prohibit an already committed player from then finding another landing spot for an extended period of time. You have 04's and 05's that are now committed which would then have to wait another 2 or 3 years to find another spot.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,802
    Quote Originally Posted by thehip73 View Post
    The new rules go into effect Friday. I think if anything the new rules will keep the verbals intact since it would then prohibit an already committed player from then finding another landing spot for an extended period of time. You have 04's and 05's that are now committed which would then have to wait another 2 or 3 years to find another spot.
    And they could always decommit and reopen the recruiting process.

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by thehip73 View Post
    The new rules go into effect Friday. I think if anything the new rules will keep the verbals intact since it would then prohibit an already committed player from then finding another landing spot for an extended period of time. You have 04's and 05's that are now committed which would then have to wait another 2 or 3 years to find another spot.
    Do new rules go into effect immediately or are they just being voted on this Fri?

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    213

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    When you verbally commit to a coach that is rumored to be on the hot seat it is very risky as that coach may not be there when you goto to sign your letter as a senior. The new rule may end that problem. Ivies even have less than a verbal and you don't get your aid package until you are a senior and you also need your grades quotient.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    106

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    Any word on the assistant staying or going? Would have big impact on recruits I imagine?

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    Any word on the assistant staying or going? Would have big impact on recruits I imagine?
    Last I heard, no decisions had been made yet regarding staffing. That was about a week ago. Whether that has changed, I do not know.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    8

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Last I heard, no decisions had been made yet regarding staffing. That was about a week ago. Whether that has changed, I do not know.
    Anyone have an update on the coaching staff? Are the assistants staying or leaving?

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by thehip73 View Post
    Anyone have an update on the coaching staff? Are the assistants staying or leaving?
    Go to their jobs webpage and type in hockey and you'll see they have two posting for Assistant Coach Women's Ice Hockey. Does that answer your question? It took me less than a minute to find your answer. I would have thought you already might have tried that. It's the simplest and most direct way to find out those types of things.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Go to their jobs webpage and type in hockey and you'll see they have two posting for Assistant Coach Women's Ice Hockey. Does that answer your question? It took me less than a minute to find your answer. I would have thought you already might have tried that. It's the simplest and most direct way to find out those types of things.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rosemount, MN
    Posts
    2,778

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    I could give up pizza but I don't want to be considered a quitter.

  17. #37
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,764

    Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    A double meaning post, haha. It would be interesting to see who applied for the job and compare that to who is for St. Cloud.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •