Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Women's Hockey Coaching Search

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Why do you suppose they're waiting so long to announce this move?
    resignation announced Feb 27th...is 6 weeks really a long time? ( i am guessing this means it is not one of the assistant/associate coaches as that would have happened quickly)

Comment

Rumor is Mark Bolding (Norwich)

Comment

Why do you suppose they're waiting so long to announce this move?
        They have told the team and commits.

Comment

Originally posted by arenalife View Post
          Rumor is Mark Bolding (Norwich)
          Wow. That would be a significant impact for Norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by thehip73 View Post
            Anyone have any insight on the coaching search or any possible names?
            A Bulldog to a Bulldog

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
              resignation announced Feb 27th...is 6 weeks really a long time? ( i am guessing this means it is not one of the assistant/associate coaches as that would have happened quickly)
              http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/w-hockey/2018-19/releases/20190409n6lzao

I asked because I knew something

Comment

https://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/w-hockey/2018-19/releases/20190409n6lzao

I asked because I knew something

Do you know anything about the assistants? Ruzzi and Woodard? Are they staying?

Comment

Do you know anything about the assistants? Ruzzi and Woodard? Are they staying?
                  My understanding is that it’s possible, but no decision has been made

Comment

My understanding is that it’s possible, but no decision has been made
                    Krb... I'd love to talk to you offline.. You seem to know a lot about this situation. We have personal interest in this situation... Thanks so much!

Comment

So when a coach leaves....what happens to commits? Esp when some of them are 4 years from playing. Seems to me either party can back out ( not that a verbal is anything more than that to begin with.) With the early recruiting habits, this is 4 years of baggage.

Comment

Each institution is different. Some will tell the verbals that their commitment is with the coach and others will honor the verbals.

I suspect as the verbal committing has gotten younger and younger more institutions will be telling the verbals their commitment was with the coach.

These new rule changes cannot get here fast enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Whockeyfan View Post
                          Each institution is different. Some will tell the verbals that their commitment is with the coach and others will honor the verbals.

I suspect as the verbal committing has gotten younger and younger more institutions will be telling the verbals their commitment was with the coach.

These new rule changes cannot get here fast enough!
                          The new rules go into effect Friday. I think if anything the new rules will keep the verbals intact since it would then prohibit an already committed player from then finding another landing spot for an extended period of time. You have 04's and 05's that are now committed which would then have to wait another 2 or 3 years to find another spot.

Comment

The new rules go into effect Friday. I think if anything the new rules will keep the verbals intact since it would then prohibit an already committed player from then finding another landing spot for an extended period of time. You have 04's and 05's that are now committed which would then have to wait another 2 or 3 years to find another spot.
                            And they could always decommit and reopen the recruiting process.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Do new rules go into effect immediately or are they just being voted on this Fri?

Comment

When you verbally commit to a coach that is rumored to be on the hot seat it is very risky as that coach may not be there when you goto to sign your letter as a senior. The new rule may end that problem. Ivies even have less than a verbal and you don't get your aid package until you are a senior and you also need your grades quotient.

Comment

Working...
                                X