X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC in the NCAAs 2019

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    So what is the take-away?
    ECAC only conference in 16-team tourney with 4 teams (so obviously out-of-conference results were there this year).
    But none of the teams make it out of the Regionals, while Hockey East and NCHC both Place two.
    I was at Allentown and Quinnipiac did not look like a conference regular-season champion in either game (even with their ‘star player’).
    What gives?
    How it all played out...this year.

Comment

So what is the take-away??
      Ezac 4Life
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

ECAC only conference in 16-team tourney with 4 teams (so obviously out-of-conference results were there this year).
        But none of the teams make it out of the Regionals, while Hockey East and NCHC both Place two.
        I was at Allentown and Quinnipiac did not look like a conference regular-season champion in either game (even with their ‘star player’).
        What gives?
        Quinnipiac lost its best player to injury in January or February and really never recovered, that's what happened. I think it's kind of silly to make rash generalizations about one-and-done tournament play. We've had a lot of Frozen Four teams in the last few years, this year the puck didn't bounce our way.

Comment

What gives?
          I think it makes sense. The ECAC was a very tough and deep conference this year but I didn’t think there was a clearly elite-caliber team. QU, Cornell and Clarkson were all very, very good, but are any of them top-4? After watching each of them and Providence play Brown at least twice each this year, I’d say Providence and Clarkson were the most dominant teams, while Q and Cornell were very good, but ultimately beatable.

Don’t let the lack of a Frozen Four team take away from an excellent accomplishment. This conference hadn’t seen four tournament teams since before the HEA split! This was a great year for the ECAC, and it seems as though most of these teams are well-positioned to be even stronger next year.

Comment

I would give the ECAC a grade of B-/C+! Clarkson has been better and could have won! Harvard while getting dominated would have been in the game if first goal was wasn't disallowed. Cornell's first game was dominant and second was complete opposite and same for Quinnipiac. And what it is worth, I had all ECAC teams winning the first game with Clarkson and Cornell winning the second and finally I had Clarkson beating UMD in the finals. In the end, nothing to be ashamed of and please remember, our talent pool is limited with the academic requirements compared to others! Go IVY and ECAC!

Comment

Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 3-1 season ending loss to Minnesota Duluth in the Midwest Regional Final

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...ions-from.html
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                and please remember, our talent pool is limited with the academic requirements compared to others!
                Except for Q.

But for an unfortunate bounce we'd have had teams in 3 of the 4 QF games. This conference had four very strong teams but none of the dominant 1-seed squads, and I think we did pretty much what one would expect.

At least 3 of the 4 NC$$ teams should get stronger next year, with 2 of them (Cornell and Harvard) poised to get much stronger. Right now I would bet we'll be in the running for 4 bids and at least 2 legitimate challenges to make noise in Detroit. This is a very good time for the conference, with a healthy combination of balance and high competition. Great job this year by all the representatives (and an honorable mention to Union as part of the rising tide that lifted everyone) and good luck on a repeat.

Hell, next year let's get 5 bids.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                X