2019 IIHF Women's Worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Not a particularly well-played game by either team, and the officiating was borderline terrible, as was the atmosphere. I always look forward to seeing these two adversaries square off, but this one was a real snoozer.
    I object. The officiating was not borderline terrible, it was terrible!

Comment

Re: 2019 IIHF Women's Worlds

USA 8, Swiss 0
      Shots were roughly 60 to 6.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

USA 8, Swiss 0
        Shots were roughly 60 to 6.
        More goals than shots! More goals than shots! More goals than shots!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          More goals than shots! More goals than shots! More goals than shots!
          And more cowbells than goals! More cowbells than goals! More cowbells than goals!

Comment

At the Division 1A worlds, UVM's Theresa Schafzahl scored twice today for Austria as they beat Italy 4-1.
            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Anyone know where to find a box score for the world’s games? I see where you can go and look at individual game stats with time on ice, but I am looking for something like the box scores we see on college hockey stats...

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                Anyone know where to find a box score for the world’s games? I see where you can go and look at individual game stats with time on ice, but I am looking for something like the box scores we see on college hockey stats...
                iihf.com ?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  iihf.com ?
                  Can’t find a box score on their mobile site. I’ll look on a computer eventually... must be there.

Comment

And more cowbells than goals! More cowbells than goals! More cowbells than goals!
                    Those cowbells are ridiculous. Once and awhile, fine, but the whole freaking game? Did you see how bid those thing were?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Those cowbells are ridiculous. Once and awhile, fine, but the whole freaking game? Did you see how bid those thing were?
                      No, I missed the visual, but after about a half a period the audio got to be very tiresome. I would hope they'd never allow them at either Ridder or LaBahn.

Comment

No, I missed the visual, but after about a half a period the audio got to be very tiresome. I would hope they'd never allow them at either Ridder or LaBahn.
                        I attended the 2017 Worlds and . . . yeah, they're really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                          I attended the 2017 Worlds and . . . yeah, they're really annoying.
                          After awhile we couldn't stand the noise anymore so we turned the sound off. Of course, we couldn't hear the two broadcasters, but then we already knew Amanda is Phil's sister and Alex is Bobby's daughter so we figured we were okay.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-08-2019, 03:05 AM.
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            After awhile we couldn't stand the noise anymore so we turned the sound off. Of course, we couldn't hear the two broadcasters, but then we already knew Amanda is Phil's sister and Alex is Bobby's daughter so we figured we were okay.
                            I stopped attending Switzerland games after two periods.

Comment

The cowbells certainly haven't helped the Swiss as far as their hockey skills are concerned. They've definitely gone downhill since the last Olympics. Having to suit up 16 and 17 year-old girls shows a total lack of depth in their system. Hopefully they can build it up again and become more competitive.

Comment

Ironically, today is the 19th anniversary of that famous Christopher Walken sketch on SNL. Is nobody willing to say, 'More Cowbell'?

Comment

Working...
                                X