X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 IIHF Women's Worlds

"People are drooling for women's hockey . . . but . . . "

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/s...am-hockey.html
    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 04-03-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

A very slow start by the Americans, but a great 3rd period in which they scored 5 times to win going away 6-2. Kendall Coyne Schofield awarded the Player of the Game. The action ramps up considerably on Saturday when they take on Canada at 12:30pm ET.
      Last edited by D2D; 04-04-2019, 02:14 PM.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

And on the Canadian side, Canada scored 4 in the 3rd to top Switzerland 6-0.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          And on the Canadian side, Canada scored 4 in the 3rd to top Switzerland 6-0.
          Emily Clark, coming off a national championship victory with Wisconsin, had 2 goals for the Canadians.

Comment

Not playing with AP will allow her to be the terrific player that she is. She will have the puck on her stick a lot more and regain her spot amongst the top young players in the game.
            Last edited by Puckdrop14; 04-05-2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              Not playing with AP will allow her to be the terrific player that she is. She will have the puck on her stick a lot more and regain her spot amongst the top young players in the game.
              So, you're saying Clark also needs a respite from the Red Menace?

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                So, you're saying Clark also needs a respite from the Red Menace?
                Indeed she does. Go at it Emily!

Comment

Indeed she does. Go at it Emily!
                  I'm sure that being healthy helps as well.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I lamented all season that Clark never got going as far as scoring goal went. That injury did set her back and when she came back shew was a great teammate to AP and took on the role as a set-up person, just like Roque did for Curl and Shirley. Obviously AP owes Clark a lot of gratitude for being the ultimate selfless teammate.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      Fun fact - Lisa actually isn't my name, but rather comes from the Russian word лиса, which is specifically a female fox. Linguistics lesson today :P)
                      And a music lesson today..."I'm Not Lisa".

(Your name wouldn't be Julie, would it?)

Nah...couldn't be.

Comment

Seems to me that Brodt is lending credibility to the old saying that, regardless of the application, if you surround yourself with/play with others who are better than you that your "game" will rise to the occasion and improve accordingly.

The human mind is an extremely powerful non-physical entity. You can't see it. You can only see its effects.

She was on fire in yesterday's game vs Finland.

Comment

The play-by-play announcing has been awful, in the first game and the second so far. I guarantee you the announcers have been given name pronunciation guides, yet they haven't figured out that Dani Cameranesi's name has no "camera", it was her mom who always had the camera behind the glass! And Kelly "Pannock"? Come on, these two have been playing on the world stage for 6+ years, Olympics, NCAA championships, and IIHF's! It took them until the third period Thursday to acknowledge that the CWHL was no longer, after stating which Canadian teams the players were playing for, or Chinese team in Nora's case. Their general knowledge of collegiate hockey also seems sorely deficient. At least the games are being broadcast on "real" TV, so we got that going for us!

Comment

Final
                            USA 3 Canada 2
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

US beats Canada 3-2. Badgers steal the show. Pankowski has game winner and was all over the ice. Knight also scores for US, Nurse scores for Canada. Alex Rigsby gets the win in net for the US. ON WISCONSIN!

Comment

Not a particularly well-played game by either team, and the officiating was borderline terrible, as was the atmosphere. I always look forward to seeing these two adversaries square off, but this one was a real snoozer.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X