Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Championship - Norwich v Stevens Point

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
    I was there for that one. 2004. Flamboyant doesn't begin to describe it. He thought everyone was there to see him.
    LOL

And that particular game went to double overtime. With that rivalry, that passionate crowd, that intensity, it was one of the most awesome games to witness in person. And it started out with Norwich scoring 15 seconds into the game. Imagine the crowd noise at that point!

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/03...s/mmidnrw1.m19
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      LOL

And that particular game went to double overtime. With that rivalry, that passionate crowd, that intensity, it was one of the most awesome games to witness in person. And it started out with Norwich scoring 15 seconds into the game. Imagine the crowd noise at that point!

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/03...s/mmidnrw1.m19
      The attendance was speculative in those days.
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by SNC SID View Post
        I was there for that one. 2004. Flamboyant doesn't begin to describe it. He thought everyone was there to see him.
        He even introduced himself before the teams. This is ... (I can't remember his name) and welcome to ...
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          ....I’m interested in hearing from fans who attended Friday and Saturday and have been to prior championships ar neutral sites. The availability and costs for late travel and accommodations, ticket availability, parking, pretzels, etc - you get the idea.

Nothing against the home team or it's facility - never been so can’t comment one way or another - but when 3 of 4 teams, their staff and fans will have to travel on short notice, these are legitimate questions IMHO.

Perhaps there are lessons learned from this week that can be considered for when the “east preferred” Championship has its turn.
          I didn't attend last weekend but in the past have been to both.... Middlebury hosted at home, Nowrich hosted at home, Lake Placid numerous times including that 2OT thriller and a couple different times to Minneapolis. While when Nowrich hosted and won the national championship was very special, I don't think it fair at all. I prefer neutral sites. Minneapolis was very good in that it is a major city and lots of things to do and the University of Minnesota Women's arena was a good size and conveniently located .... Lake Placid is fun with lots to do but is hard to get to unless you are within a reasonable driving distance.

I'd like to see a good sized city... perhaps alternate between Albany. Manchester NH and Minneapolis or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
            The attendance was speculative in those days.
            It was packed. It was passionate. Who cares what the actual number was?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

In the"vacated" year the attendance number used in Old Stafford was 4000. There were more than that in the arena for that final game.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The fire marshall did. Anytime you saw 2200 listed, you could be sure it was far more. For the 2003 final, the estimate was AT LEAST 3,000.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                  The fire marshall did.
                  Aw comeon, how's the place going to burn down with all that ice???
                  Oswego State 1980 Grad
                  (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

"The fire marshall did." LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
                      "The fire marshall did." LOL
                      True fact. The facility was rated by the fire department as having a capacity of 3,000, but nobody was counting tickets, except a couple of people with mechanical "clickers." The truth of the attendance numbers will never be known. Since the advent of University Tickets, I'm sure the attendance figures are more accurate.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                      X