Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Frozen Four

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Why not play the women's FF at the same time/site as the men's? What a great way to expose lots of people to the women's game.
    Either that means that I'm going to have to pay roughly five times what I do now for Frozen Four tickets because they're sold as a package with the men's, or you're going to be playing the women's games with 2,500 people in a 20,000 seat arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      Either that means that I'm going to have to pay roughly five times what I do now for Frozen Four tickets because they're sold as a package with the men's, or you're going to be playing the women's games with 2,500 people in a 20,000 seat arena.
      And you don't want the poor gals playing bridesmaid at their own wedding!

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
        You couldn't sell it as a package deal for both only. I think it would be you can buy women's only, or get free admission to the women's with the men's. If the rink is that big, make all the ticket's general admission, or make certain sections reserved for the women's only buyers. It doesn't bother me if there are 3000 people in a big facility. I think everyone involved would get a kick out of being part of a big event. We were to the final in St. Charles and it did not feel big time.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I vote for keeping the women's FF separate and playing the games in a smaller venue that holds 3,000 - 4,000 fans. Like Ridder!
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

2 years ago the Men's and Womens Lax and the Men's DIII lax were all at Gillette stadium the same weekend? It worked out pretty well. I went the women's semifinals games and it was well attended.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
              2 years ago the Men's and Womens Lax and the Men's DIII lax were all at Gillette stadium the same weekend? It worked out pretty well. I went the women's semifinals games and it was well attended.
              The NCAA always holds the men’s DI (semis and final), DII (final) and DIII (final) championships together. The women’s DI championship is on the same weekend and was only combined with the men’s after it was pulled from North Carolina. There are no plans to repeat it going forward.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I'm certainly willing to listen to out-of-the-box thinking. I commend TimothyA for an appealing thought. But at the end of the day, my opinion is:

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                I vote for keeping the women's FF separate and playing the games in a smaller venue that holds 3,000 - 4,000 fans. Like Ridder!
                This.

Ideally we continue to have a good rotation of sites. But "Ridder-Sized" arenas are the best fit at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  I'm certainly willing to listen to out-of-the-box thinking. I commend TimothyA for an appealing thought. But at the end of the day, my opinion is:

This.

Ideally we continue to have a good rotation of sites. But "Ridder-Sized" arenas are the best fit at this time.
                  I agree.
                  Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                  And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                  WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                  If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    I'm certainly willing to listen to out-of-the-box thinking. I commend TimothyA for an appealing thought.
                    My mind like to wander the unthought of corners of the universe (as many can attest to). It's fun to think of possible solutions for the important issues of the day like we discuss in this forum.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      My mind like to wander the unthought of corners of the universe (as many can attest to). It's fun to think of possible solutions for the important issues of the day like we discuss in this forum.
                      considering there are slightly more women than men in the United States I think it is incumbent upon the women in this country to take their young daughters to local college games and or NWHL games. NHL games are a great way to introduce your daughters to a big time hockey experience but Women need to also take initiative and grow the sport by spending a few bucks and going to more Female sporting events. The Men also need to be supportive of this. There doesn't need to be a gimmick to get people to watch women's games, They just need to support themselves first

Comment

There are pros and cons to having the WFF at the same facility as the men's, but I'm pretty sure you'd get a fckton of casual men's fans at the women's game. Most of the people who go to that make a weekend of it and a bunch of those people would check in out.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
                          considering there are slightly more women than men in the United States I think it is incumbent upon the women in this country to take their young daughters to local college games and or NWHL games. NHL games are a great way to introduce your daughters to a big time hockey experience but Women need to also take initiative and grow the sport by spending a few bucks and going to more Female sporting events. The Men also need to be supportive of this. There doesn't need to be a gimmick to get people to watch women's games, They just need to support themselves first
                          naw, they prefer to whine about disparity

I'll go back to my suggestion of several years ago, put an ice sheet in a shopping mall and play the games there if you want to increase the attendance of women.

no, just a realist

Comment

Working...
                          X