2019-20 DIII Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    ...But also I was including Lyndon and Johnson kind of combining, so that would effectively make 10.
    If Lyndon and Johnson combined with Bates, would we get Lyndon Bates Johnson?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 DIII Recruits

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
      In addition to the exchange rate, Canadian universities are now offering scholarships. Personally, if there were scholarships back in the day, my D would have attended Western. I was looking at the education quality; unfortunately, she was looking for a good team. Guess who won! (And it worked out pretty good in the end!)
      Is that still the case? I remember reading that it was a 5 year pilot project. If memory serves those 5 years are up for the 2019-2020 season. I haven't seen anything saying they extended the pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
        Only three Canucks in the whole bunch....kinda sad!
        Right. That's 3 too many, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
          They would likely be joining the CHC. One more team to keeping their autobid
          Anna Maria even though they're a GNAC school??
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I thought Anna Maria had applied to the NEHC?

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
              Dunno. My NEHC contact is no longer at the school.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Dunno. My NEHC contact is no longer at the school.
                Red light is gone?
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                  I think the NEHC is in an interesting situation. Anna Maria fits in the NEHC as being the 4th GNAC school and bringing the women's conference to an even 10 on the women's side. I think the reasons for rejecting them would be the lowering of SOS and that they would likely have to take the men's club which would take them to 11 teams in the men's NEHC which could go up to 12 if the NEHC accepts the new Albertus Magnus men's program which would be another GNAC school. That would be even with the NCHA as the biggest men's conference. Also if they have a lot of GNAC schools, they would be exposed to the GNAC schools going out on their own if they reach 7 programs for an autobid.

I think if the NEHC continues to reject Anna Maria, Anna Maria would be smart to try and join the CHC considering they would line up geographically and that they're private schools. The only other option would be trying to join the NEWHL which wouldn't fit as nicely in terms of type of institution and geography. And with the CHC losing the two SUNYs to the NEWHL and assuming the WNEU women join them, they'll be the Commonwealth Coast Conference Women in all but name. And if they take the name and Wentworth and/or Curry add a women's team they might not feel the need to add Anna Maria either. And also added in is that joining the CHC would help the women, but the men's program needs a conference too.

I don't know how viable an independent DIII program would be long term.

All of this to my knowledge is speculation. For all I know, the NEHC will announce AM is joining, there are no more new programs coming other than WNEU and the CHC remains apart from the CCC the same way the NEWHL remains separate from the SUNYAC.

Other than Canton and Morrisville to the NEWHL and Alvernia joining the UCHC upon debut is there any other announced re-alignment I'm forgetting? Has the UCHC made a decision as to whether the Wilkes women get to play in the conference next year? They're listed as an independent but their goalie won a UCHC goalie of the week award...
                  Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-26-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Red light is gone?
                    Check your email.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      So based on the AHCA board the current HC openings are Buffalo State, St. Olaf and a 20-21 debuting Western New England. Any others?

EDIT: Also, with the departure of Canton and Morrisville and the presumption that the WNEU joins the Colonial, does the CHC become the Commonwealth Women since every team in the conference is a permanent member of the Commonwealth Coast Conference plus Becker which is an associate of the CCC for Men's Hockey (and Football)?
                      Looks like Chatham is looking for a new coach!

https://theuchc.com/news/2019/3/20/w...ead-coach.aspx

Comment

Some updates:

Sophie Streed-F-Surry, NH-Vermont Academy to Plymouth State
                        Ali Noeding-F-Washington Depot, CT-The Gunnery to King's
                        Avery Flynn-D-Wolcott, CT-Loomis Chaffee to Amherst
                        Jayden Kelley-F-East Berne, NY-CT Junior Eagles to SUNY Cortland
                        Jenna Crisp-F-Vaughan Flames to Castleton
                        Katie Campoli-D-West Greenwich, RI-New England Hockey Club to Castleton
                        Maddie Hong-F-Glastonbury, CT-Loomis Chaffee to Hamilton
                        Sam Lawler-F-Billerica, MA-East Coast Wizards was listed as a JWU committ in my first post per Neutral Zone but now seeing NZ listing her as going to Castleton...

Comment

Some updates from the WI area:

Katie McCoy - G - Milwaukee Jr. Admirals to Gustavus Adolphus
                          Elle Krellwitz - F - Milwaukee Jr. Admirals to Bethel
                          Grace Tillis - D - Milwaukee Jr. Admirals to St. Olaf
                          Brooke Anderson - F - Milwaukee Jr. Admirals to Marian
                          Lauren Arnholt - D - Milwaukee Jr. Admirals to St. Norbert
                          Caroline Jenkins - F - Milwaukee Jr. Admirals to Wesleyan
                          Grace Schwartz - F Milwaukee Jr. Admirals to Salve Regina
                          Mesa Meyer - F/D - Madison Capitols to Finlandia
                          Sarah Varga - G - Madison Capitols to UW River Falls
                          Eve Parker - F - Madison Capitols to St. Norbert
                          Carleigh Drill - D - Madison Capitols to Augsburg
                          Margaret Wohlleber - F - Madison Capitols to St. Norbert
                          Alyssa Heim - F - Beaver Dam HS / Team Wisconsin to UW Eau Claire

Comment

The St. Olaf College athletic department is pleased to announce the hiring of Tracy Johnson as the fourth head women's hockey coach in program history.

Johnson, a Plymouth, Minn. native, comes to St. Olaf following six seasons as the head women's hockey coach at Stevenson University in Owings Mills, Md., where she led the Mustangs to a record of 85-60-11 (.580) after taking over the second-year program in 2013-14. Stevenson won at least 14 games in four of Johnson's six seasons and claimed the inaugural Colonial Hockey Conference title in 2015-16.

So, Stevenson has an opening.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                              The St. Olaf College athletic department is pleased to announce the hiring of Tracy Johnson as the fourth head women's hockey coach in program history.

Johnson, a Plymouth, Minn. native, comes to St. Olaf following six seasons as the head women's hockey coach at Stevenson University in Owings Mills, Md., where she led the Mustangs to a record of 85-60-11 (.580) after taking over the second-year program in 2013-14. Stevenson won at least 14 games in four of Johnson's six seasons and claimed the inaugural Colonial Hockey Conference title in 2015-16.

Congrats to Coach Johnson on her new gig at St. Olaf! Wishing her good luck as she tries to turn around a program that went winless in 18-19.

As for Stevenson, I think they might not not need to look too far. Their assistant Jocey Kleiber has been with them 3 seasons and prior to that was an assistant with NAHA at the junior level and a grad assistant for DI RMU. There could always be a candidate with HC experience at the junior level or even another DIII that might consider it a step up from where they are now, but if they're open to a first-time DIII HC she could be as good an option as any from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post

Once again a situation where the incoming school posts the hiring before "the departed" school posts anything (and still hasn't).

Comment

Working...
                                X