Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned that ESPN3 is no longer available on YouTube TV. Which is ridiculous beyond ridiculous. I can't imagine providers have to pay extra for ESPN3 once they already offer all the ESPN channels.

I'll be dumping YouTube TV and going with Hulu Live. I was willing to pay the extra $5/month YouTube TV cost me for the extra features they offer, but not without ESPN3.
    Probably speaks to how few people use ESPN3 regularly.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

Netflix lands 'Seinfeld' (in 2021)
      HBO Max gets the 'Big Bang Theory'

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        NBC/Universal streaming announces a "Saved by the Bell" sequel starring Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley.
        I just put that in the TV thread. They're offering Punky Brewster an an adult, too.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          I just put that in the TV thread. They're offering Punky Brewster an an adult, too.
          Can Small Wonder be far behind?
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Netflix lands 'Seinfeld' (in 2021)
            HBO Max gets the 'Big Bang Theory'
            Is HBO max different from its HBO Now/Go, or is it just a rebranded offering?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              It is a catch all for all of their content. HBO Go only has stuff HBO has the rights to HBO Max will have everything Warner Brothers has the rights to. (like Friends and BBT) Think of it as WB+
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                What Handy said.

- HBO Go is access to HBO only programming streaming courtesy your TV provider.
                - HBO Now is access to HBO only programming streaming that you can subscribe to without a TV provider.
                - HBO Max is streaming everything Warner Brothers and HBO that you can subscribe to without a TV provider.

Because if AT&T knows anything, they know how to over engineer a simple concept into way too many fractions in an effort to make things more difficult for everyone.

See: The various flavors of AT&T/DirecTV.
                Last edited by aparch; 09-17-2019, 01:12 PM.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I dropped HBO Now and Youtube TV about 6 weeks ago and honestly don't miss them. I may pick Youtube TV back up once the NHL season starts, but I'm unsure. I'll reactivate HBO Now if a show I'm interested in pops up, catch up on the back episodes that I've missed, and cancel again.

The Disney streaming option seems like a no-brainer to me, if only for the Star Wars series. $4.99 a month may get me to ditch Netflix for a while too.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

There is apparently something called Quibi. No idea. But it announced that Keifer Sutherland will star in a reboot of "The Fugitive" with production beginning in October.

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      I dropped HBO Now and Youtube TV about 6 weeks ago and honestly don't miss them. I may pick Youtube TV back up once the NHL season starts, but I'm unsure. I'll reactivate HBO Now if a show I'm interested in pops up, catch up on the back episodes that I've missed, and cancel again.

The Disney streaming option seems like a no-brainer to me, if only for the Star Wars series. $4.99 a month may get me to ditch Netflix for a while too.
                      Were you able to watch Bruins games with YouTube TV? I'm thinking about cutting the cord as we already have Hulu (through Sprint) and Netflix and Amazon Prime. Plus, I've gotten away from watching most TV, but I do love watching hockey and am loathe to give it up. I'm also looking at Disney - though we're talking about getting rid of Prime, so I wouldn't feel bad about picking up Disney + at a fraction of the cost.

Comment

So someone went through and cataloged the whole Disney+ offering of streaming programming and...

... it's a pretty complete list of back programming.

Even includes some lesser Disney syndicated cartoons like Gargoyles and Bonkers.

Yeah, kicking myself for not jumping at the D23 deal for three years of programming now. I just didn't know then how complete the catalog would be.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                          Were you able to watch Bruins games with YouTube TV? I'm thinking about cutting the cord as we already have Hulu (through Sprint) and Netflix and Amazon Prime. Plus, I've gotten away from watching most TV, but I do love watching hockey and am loathe to give it up. I'm also looking at Disney - though we're talking about getting rid of Prime, so I wouldn't feel bad about picking up Disney + at a fraction of the cost.
                          Yes, the big selling point for me was that it included NESN. It still does, but between the lack of hockey season (and the Sox ...) and the rate increase I dropped it. At least for a while.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            Yes, the big selling point for me was that it included NESN. It still does, but between the lack of hockey season (and the Sox ...) and the rate increase I dropped it. At least for a while.
                            Yeah - we would get it for hockey season. I didn't realize how much we were paying for cable until I redid our budget recently. I almost had a stroke. Considering all we watch is NHL network, Bruins games, and 4 TV series that we can watch on streaming, it really isn't worth it.

Comment

I have zero interest in watching old cartoons. Years ago I tried watching Ducktales and it just wasnt as good.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah I don’t get why people are creaming themselves over Disney cartoons. Their movies are ok but I’ll just rent it if I really want to see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X