Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cord cutting - what service to buy after the cable co goes away

They don't own the rights to a lot of shows which kills their offerings.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Checked my Comcast On Demand, the episode was there.
      Be careful. CBS shows On Demand tend not to stick around too long. So, make sure you keep up with it, and don’t wait too long to watch them.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Bumping this thread because I wanted to waste virtual ink to b*tch about first world problems like the extra macro-blocking cable companies do to their channels on TV. Holy hell is the Hawks/Canes game today on NBCSportsChicago trash. So glad I'm a fan of out-of-market teams and can stream them via NHLtv.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Bumping this thread because I wanted to waste virtual ink to b*tch about first world problems like the extra macro-blocking cable companies do to their channels on TV. Holy hell is the Hawks/Canes game today on NBCSportsChicago trash. So glad I'm a fan of out-of-market teams and can stream them via NHLtv.
          One of the rumors for the next MLS TV contract is that teams have been told not to sell local TV rights because they want all the non-National games to go to a streaming service like ESPN+ to avoid problems like that.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Sony has announced that Playstation Vue will be shut down on 30 January.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Sony has announced that Playstation Vue will be shut down on 30 January.
              A sad day. It is (soon to be was) THE sports fan's dream.

ESPN, 2, U, News, and channel spots for 3 to watch random D2 and FCS games.
              FS1, 2, local, local plus
              ACC, BTN, SEC
              The only platform with MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL
              CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf, Olympic, and they recently moved BeIn Sports to the regular tier.
              All the Turner stations for March Madness

I didn't even get to use BeIn for road USMNT World Cup qualifiers
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

HBO Max pays $500+ million for exclusive streaming rights to South Park

Comment

HBO Max
                  WarnerMedia revealed the launch date and pricing of HBO Max — and it will cost the same as HBO’s standalone service.

The company revealed that HBO Max will debut in May 2020 in the U.S. and cost $14.99 per month. Out of the gate, existing subscribers of HBO Now will get access to HBO Max for no additional charge.

HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s multibillion-dollar bet it can lure consumers into a big new tent at an increasingly crowded streaming bazaar, and grow the total HBO user base through its enhanced investment. The new details come just ahead of two other new subscription VOD arrivals — Apple TV Plus (Nov. 1) and Disney Plus (Nov. 12) — with everyone angling to claim territory dominated today by Netflix.

The monthly pricing for HBO Max is still higher than other streaming services, higher than Netflix’s standard $12.99 for two streams, Disney Plus at $6.99, Apple TV Plus at $4.99, and Hulu at $5.99 (with ads) and $11.99 (no ads). But the industry had speculated that WarnerMedia would have to price HBO Max over and above HBO Now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    A sad day. It is (soon to be was) THE sports fan's dream.

ESPN, 2, U, News, and channel spots for 3 to watch random D2 and FCS games.
                    FS1, 2, local, local plus
                    ACC, BTN, SEC
                    The only platform with MLB, NBA, NFL, and NHL
                    CBSSN, NBCSN, Golf, Olympic, and they recently moved BeIn Sports to the regular tier.
                    All the Turner stations for March Madness

I didn't even get to use BeIn for road USMNT World Cup qualifiers
                    Looks like I'll be headed to YouTube TV, but they don't have the NHL Network.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Looks like I'll be headed to YouTube TV, but they don't have the NHL Network.
                      Nor ESPN3. Because of that, I'm about to drop them to go to Hulu Live. Which is $5 cheaper, so I could tack on ESPN+ and end up with more for the same price.

P.S. A lot of (the good) streaming services do not have the NFL or NHL networks.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        P.S. A lot of (the good) streaming services do not have the NFL or NHL networks.
                        NHL Network is owned by Comcast.

It was on ATT's UVerse service initially, but was quickly removed after Comcast bought NBC Universal.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          NHL Network is owned by Comcast.

It was on ATT's UVerse service initially, but was quickly removed after Comcast bought NBC Universal.
                          That explains it.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Disney announced that Avengers: Endgame will be available when Disney+ launches next week. It was going to debut next month but the Mouse moved up the date.

Comment

Cruel. My PS4 just listed a bunch of Disney+ shows that I could watch, including the Mandalorian, Captain Marvel, Endgame some Jeff Goldblum show...but when I tried to open the file "This content cannot be selected at this time"
                              Damm you Sony!

Oh well. 10 hours and 41 minutes to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Nor ESPN3. Because of that, I'm about to drop them to go to Hulu Live. Which is $5 cheaper, so I could tack on ESPN+ and end up with more for the same price.
                                ESPN3 is now back on YouTube TV. Just after I switched to Hulu... Well, I can always go back. That's the advantage of no contracts. Plus, the ability to pause your account, so if you go back, you don't lose prior recordings and settings.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X