Syracuse Orange-It's time for a Coaching Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syracuse Orange-It's time for a Coaching Change

After 11 years of leading the program, is it time for a change?
    It is nice that the program finally won the CHA, but unfortunately the team did not have a single win outside of the CHA...
    The team finished 13-22-3, how much longer will the school accept mediocrity with the investment they have made?

Re: Syracuse Orange-It's time for a Coaching Change

Originally posted by Raider1 View Post
    It is nice that the program finally won the CHA, but unfortunately the team did not have a single win outside of the CHA...
    The team finished 13-22-3, how much longer will the school accept mediocrity with the investment they have made?
    Isn't Syracuse the only school that has a D1 women's team but no men's team? Might that have any bearing on the AD possibly having more patience with the coaching situation than what would otherwise be the case?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Raider1 View Post
      Assistants jumping ship to be another assistant is usually a tell. But, I think he saved his job and Eastwood and Hoppner have one more year. His best move may have been bringing in Hoppner.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Isn't Syracuse the only school that has a D1 women's team but no men's team?
        Lindenwood
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
          Assistants jumping ship to be another assistant is usually a tell. But, I think he saved his job and Eastwood and Hoppner have one more year. His best move may have been bringing in Hoppner.
          The 8th and 9th place scorers on the team?! I totally don't understand what you're saying. And Hoppner was a transfer so officially he didn't bring her in. Eastwood is a captain so I guess you're saying she's a good leader. Plus the way you wrote your post you made it read like Eastwood and Hoppner were his assistant coaches with another year left on their contract. Weird post overall.

The top 2 scorers are Seniors so that's always tough to replace and the goalie with the most playing time is also a Senior even though her stats show her as the 2nd best goalie this season so kind of weird that she got that much more playing time over the goalie with better stats. Maybe a loyalty thing there but if you think your job is on the line I'd think you would want to play the better goalie more often regardless of class year.
          Last edited by shelfit; 03-20-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            Lindenwood
            What about LIU Brooklyn?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              ... and the goalie with the most playing time is also a Senior even though her stats show her as the 2nd best goalie this season so kind of weird that she got that much more playing time over the goalie with better stats. Maybe a loyalty thing there but if you think your job is on the line I'd think you would want to play the better goalie more often regardless of class year.
              The senior, Welch, played much more in the early part of the season, much of it against the much tougher non-conference schedule; the junior, Cohen, played primarily if not quite exclusively against CHA teams. Yes, there's a bit of 'chicken or egg' logic to that point, but Cohen numbers weren't all that much better than Welch's.

Comment

BC men had an abysmal OOC record too, and they just signed the coach to an extension.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                  The senior, Welch, played much more in the early part of the season, much of it against the much tougher non-conference schedule; the junior, Cohen, played primarily if not quite exclusively against CHA teams. Yes, there's a bit of 'chicken or egg' logic to that point, but Cohen numbers weren't all that much better than Welch's.
                  I thought Cohen played very solidly against UW last week. She wasn't going down on every save like some to and then get beat high. UW shelled Welsh earlier in the year.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                    What about LIU Brooklyn?
                    They don't exist yet.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

They don't exist yet.
                      Ok - Post
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I have read in the past the Syracuse's hockey budget is about $2.5 Million Dollars which is only behind Wisconsin slightly, it seems like by now the program should be further ahead, it looks like it has gone backwards?
                        Other programs have changed their Coaches and it seems like it has energized the programs?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Ok - Post
                          Lol, they don't know they exist!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Ok - Post
                            They don't play in a real conference...

BTW, in D3 there are two women only programs -- St. Benedict and St. Catherine.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

They don't play in a real conference...

BTW, in D3 there are two women only programs -- St. Benedict and St. Catherine.
                              Does William Smith get partial credit?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X