Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usa hockey national tournament

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    This is my issue. Boarding schools, no matter where they are located, like Selects, SSM, Northwood Prep, in now way should be allowed in these tournaments. It's ludicrous on so many levels. Why aren't all prep schools allowed in? What happens if one of these teams recruited all Canadians? Or, if they recruited the top 20 players in the entire country -- heck, allow the national team in then. It's a playing field that isn't even close to being at 90 degrees, never mind level.

See what you did, you got me going...
    BINGO. I've been saying the same thing for years....Total joke that SSM and Assabet, PB's, etc. pull girls from all over the country, Canada, Europe....and claim they represent their "District" what a load of $hit that is. There should be a rule that in order to play in Districts, no more than [e.g. 2] of the players can live outside the district [and no, living at a prep school in MA does not = living in the district].

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
      so, really disturbing. The Buffalo team (19th ranked) gets to jump over 3 teams and makes Nationals. They jump St Louis Blues (currently ranked 13), Assabet Valley (currently ranked 14th) and HoneyBaked (ranked 18). Mid-Fairfield jumps 2 teams (Blues and Assabet). Maybe able to justify 1 team on head to head....but all 3. Maybe able to justify over Assabet, since there would be 4 Mass teams....but hard to justify over all 3 teams. I thought Assabet should be upset but even more so the Blues.....Very strange.

at large bids U16
      Minnesota Grey (#1 ranked)
      Bay State Breakers (#2 ranked)
      Boston Jr. Eagles (#7 ranked)
      Mid-Fairfield (#16 ranked)
      Buffalo Regals (#19 ranked)

I personally will be buying one of those Hockey TV packages to watch Minnesota Grey and Chicago Mission! games start April 4 i think.

yes, the M*******s should have 15 teams at Nationals. That makes total sense. Listen mom, I know ur upset...little Sally didn't get her shot to be a star at Nattys and get that D1 scholarship or maybe missed out on the Olympics or even the NHL....then again....NOBODY CARES.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
        BINGO. I've been saying the same thing for years....Total joke that SSM and Assabet, PB's, etc. pull girls from all over the country, Canada, Europe....and claim they represent their "District" what a load of $hit that is. There should be a rule that in order to play in Districts, no more than [e.g. 2] of the players can live outside the district [and no, living at a prep school in MA does not = living in the district].
        Tier 1 Boys is no different. Heck many of them take distance learning and skip the brick and mortar schools.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk66 View Post
          The rule states a team have the"greatest percentage" NYS Guide/rule book Section 7 B . You totally don't know what your talking about. The Colonials get all their players from Lawrenceville Prep they have girls from four different states. Mid Fairfield, St Louis, Junior Eagles and Wizards all have out state players. The rule I stated applies to all programs so the Bison's, Regals, Jr Islanders all can have players from out state. NAHA choses not to participate in the National Tournament and supports their JWHL. I can guarantee this the program doesn't care what you call them. So if the Bisons decided they wanted to take 15 players from different states that would be fine as long as the greatest percentage is from NY.

The real problem here which you don't address is that the player pools in states other than Minn. Mass. and CT are not large enough to support a true tier 1 team. This give programs like Selects, Gentry, SSM, Culver Academy and Gilmour academy a market to attract players in search of a hockey experience that will put their daughter/son on a team that has like players on it. This will change when the player pools improve increases and travel programs will be a good option.
          you're effing High. Mission gets girls from greater Chicago....the NJ Colonials traditionally draw girls from a 50 mile radius from Morristown NJ. Same with Buffalo Bisons and Rochester Edge...yet they play [and often beat] teams that cherry-pick prep school girls {who come from all over the place] and "select" teams that recruit all over the place [girls flying in on weekends to play with kids they don't know, etc.] the whole system is broken. Limit non-district players to 2 per team and actually have a "real" district winner represent the district....or just F the whole thing and qualify the top 12 cheating teams regardless of where they come form. hell, pay the players to come. and the coaches. ya, just one big corrupt party.
          Last edited by CrossCheck; 03-26-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoast View Post
            I happen to know that NAHA is blocked by the Vermont Affiliates mid 1990's residency policy....regardless of what USA hockey's guidelines say each affiliate is allowed to make their own rules...
            Bravo for Vermont for having some balls [Bernie the ***hole commie bastard] aside...

Comment

you're effing High. Mission gets girls from greater Chicago....the NJ Colonials traditionally draw girls from a 50 mile radius from Morristown NJ. Same with Buffalo Bisons and Rochester Edge...yet they play [and often beat] teams that cherry-pick prep school girls {who come from all over the place] and "select" teams that recruit all over the place [girls flying in on weekends to play with kids they don't know, etc.] the whole system is broken. Limit non-district players to 2 per team and actually have a "real" district winner represent the district....or just F the whole thing and qualify the top 12 cheating teams regardless of where they come form. hell, pay the players to come. and the coaches. ya, just one big corrupt party.
              Simply not true Colonials have a goalie from CT and they get players from Lawerencville and The Hill school in Penn.. The JR eagles, St Louis Blues , Mid Fairfield all have our of state players . I agree with you in principle make every state only be able to have two out of state players. Then the only states that can truly field a tier 1 team MI , MN, MA and CT . Western NY or NY can have three watered down tier 1 teams play at the tier 2 level because that is where their level is when compared to fhe other states .

Comment

I wonder, how does Little League baseball deal with this issue? What rules do they have in place?
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  I wonder, how does Little League baseball deal with this issue? What rules do they have in place?
                  Districts with a certain population. Can't roster a kid from out of district.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

FYI last Sat MN Elite Grey 5 SSM u-19 2

Comment

Nationals start tomorrow with round robin play....very excited to see minn grey and Chicago mission!

Comment

Article on SSM teams:

Shattuck-St. Mary's hockey teams take aim at national titles
                        http://www.startribune.com/shattuck-...les/508051552/
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                          ....very excited to see minn grey and Chicago mission!
                          MN Elite Gray (16U) with a win yesterday over the Washington Pride 7-1 and they take on the Boston Jr. Eagels tonight. Are you referring to the Chicago Mission team at the 16U level as well? If so, yesterday they posted a win over the Anaheim Lady Ducks , 2-1 and take on Belle Tire tonight.
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

So round robin done...on to quarterfinals today. Most results as expected...
                            SSM16s play Breakers today. Shattuck not looking as good as I expected with a loss already. My money on KP and Breakers. Also 16 action MN gray playing wizards. MN looking strong as advertised. In 19s biggest game is BJE against Selects (calling themselves Rochester Youth hockey this tourney ) other action Wizards against Mission big game

Comment

In 16s
                              Breakers beat SSM
                              Wizards beat Minn Grey
                              Chicago beat BJE
                              Selects beat Pittsburg elite
                              Last edited by MAHOCKEY FAN; 04-07-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Looks like "Rochester Youth Hockey" has been eliminated at the 19U level. Didn't even make it to the semifinals. And they have the nerve to call themselves an elite hockey program. Guess they didn't "select" the right personnel on and off the ice. Lol
                                Last edited by shelfit; 04-07-2019, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X