Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 570

Thread: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

  1. #161
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ready for the 99th season of Tech hockey
    Posts
    2,920

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Also revealed that Tommy Parrottino had an off-season injury playing basketball, apparently a fracture in his knee.

  2. #162
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hockey Dead Zone
    Posts
    225

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Confirmed that Gavin Gould, Thomas Beretta, and Andrew Bellant will not return to the roster. According to Joe Shawhan, none of the players were cut - the decision came from the players to leave.
    Wow! I am surprised about Beretta. With a large freshman class one can expect one of them to transfer/leave. Sounds like Joe is really happy with who is returning and who is coming in.

    It is nice to see us pushing for/playing some home NC home games and non-B1G/NCHC teams.

  3. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    495

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Sounds like Cooper Watson is still a Husky! I love his tough nosed play. I hope he can find his game and become a permanent fixture in the line up. Sounds like Coach Shawhan is excited and very positive about the future. Disappointed to see Gould and Beretta go but if it was their decision I hold nothing against the coach. The season can't start soon enough!

    Go Huskies!

  4. #164
    stuck below the bridge
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Howell/Brighton
    Posts
    801

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    Sounds like Cooper Watson is still a Husky! I love his tough nosed play. I hope he can find his game and become a permanent fixture in the line up. Sounds like Coach Shawhan is excited and very positive about the future. Disappointed to see Gould and Beretta go but if it was their decision I hold nothing against the coach. The season can't start soon enough!

    Go Huskies!
    Agree, nice to see Coop staying. Future looks bright, bring on October!

  5. #165
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,910

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Of course Joe is going to say it was ultimately their decision, and that I don't doubt. However he obviously had a substantial role in the departures, whether it was playing time, disagreement over plays/systems, or whatever. Let's not pretend the decision wasn't effectively mutual.

  6. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hockey Dead Zone
    Posts
    225

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Of course Joe is going to say it was ultimately their decision, and that I don't doubt. However he obviously had a substantial role in the departures, whether it was playing time, disagreement over plays/systems, or whatever. Let's not pretend the decision wasn't effectively mutual.
    Are you saying the players are more important than the coaches and the playing style/culture should bend to the will of the few players who aren't buying in?

  7. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    Are you saying the players are more important than the coaches and the playing style/culture should bend to the will of the few players who aren't buying in?
    I didn't get this from Fade's comment. He is right in the sense that the coach put the players in a situation that they no longer feel good about their situation. I don't think he was saying the coach should change anything just noting that the coaches actions obviously played a big role in said players decisions to leave.

  8. #168
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,956

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    I didn't get this from Fade's comment. He is right in the sense that the coach put the players in a situation that they no longer feel good about their situation. I don't think he was saying the coach should change anything just noting that the coaches actions obviously played a big role in said players decisions to leave.
    I see your point but you are missing one part to this comment. The players seem to have made a choice well before the coach made comments, and then the players made their decision. If all that's been said is true then players put the coach in a situation he did not feel good about. Are you playing the coaches way or are you playing in your own interests?

  9. #169
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,910

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    I didn't get this from Fade's comment. He is right in the sense that the coach put the players in a situation that they no longer feel good about their situation. I don't think he was saying the coach should change anything just noting that the coaches actions obviously played a big role in said players decisions to leave.
    This is exactly the point of my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by giwan View Post
    I see your point but you are missing one part to this comment. The players seem to have made a choice well before the coach made comments, and then the players made their decision. If all that's been said is true then players put the coach in a situation he did not feel good about. Are you playing the coaches way or are you playing in your own interests?
    Maybe, but I never said the players involved made their decision before Joe made his. In fact, with playing time being a factor, I'd think it's quite the opposite.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  10. #170
    Veteran huskyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Copper Falls
    Posts
    23,021

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    good looking schedule!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

  11. #171
    Mighty Techster
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    442
    Two Calumet forwards, Brent Loukus and Sam Erkkila, have signed with Grande Prairie (AJHL). Taking the Alex Nordstrom path to Tech, perhaps.

  12. #172
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,936

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Sub

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lower Michigan
    Posts
    990

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Any arguments with Tech's potential forwards vying for the top 6 forward group this year?

    Smith C1
    Halonen C2
    Broetzman LW1
    Parrottino LW2 if back from injury
    Bliss RW1
    L. Pietila or Saretsky RW2

    Reitmeier and Misiak will challenge, but see them on the third line with Reitmeier needed at Center.

  14. #174
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,910

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Halonen for 1C. Smith struggled last year and should have to earn his Top 6 spot back.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  15. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Hockey Dead Zone
    Posts
    225

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Brice is the new captain, with Smith and Donohue being the alternate captains.

    https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20190521f9w2kk
    Last edited by Lost_Husky; 05-23-2019 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Added link

  16. #176
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,956

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Husky View Post
    Brice is the new captain, with Smith and Donohue being the alternate captains.
    Speculation or fact?

  17. #177
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,936

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    fact, its been released by the team
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  18. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North
    Posts
    161

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    //https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/minor-league/former-cedar-rapids-roughrider-mitch-reinke-and-his-st-louis-blues-ready-for-stanley-cup-finals-20190526

    Not to root for anyone to get hurt or anything, but it would be cool to see Reinke get a shot at playing in the Cup Finals....

  19. #179
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ready for the 99th season of Tech hockey
    Posts
    2,920

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Joe Shawhan will be back on Mix93 WKMJ for another offseason update on Monday June 3 at 8:30am.

  20. #180
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ready for the 99th season of Tech hockey
    Posts
    2,920

    Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

    Joe Shawhan (and Tanner Kero) now on Mix93 WKMJ. Listen live at pasty.net or themix93.com or wait for michigantechhuskies.com to post the audio files later today.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •