Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Has the team been undergoing any Rockwell testing this off season? A friend was asking if our quest is on track...
    Hahaha!!!! That is a good one.

Comment

Gotta say, reading the bio's for Freshman class, these guys are salt of the earth blue collar players WITH plenty of deep Junior playoff experience. It may be super homer to say, but I believe this will be an enjoyable season. To name a few: Datema has a wicked one timer. Crespi drinks the same water as Brighton Badass L'Esperance. And the Pietila boys are one short of a Hanson Trio. Upperclassmen are stronger and faster this year right? Let's go Huskies.
      The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
        I heard rumors of nitriding and/or carburizing, maybe even induction.

Other offseason NEW equipment installs at the Mac?
        I believe they are trying to use the little known Shelast method with a heavy dose of the Shawhan affect. We'll soon see how it works. If successful it could change the hardening process for years to come!

Comment

Pietila's second year USHL numbers were pretty solid. Even his rookie year numbers were respectable in that league.

I expect he'll compete for the job. We'll see where it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
            Upperclassmen are stronger and faster and harder this year right?
            Yes.
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by spiehler View Post
              Ya, BSU's win in 2016-17 says defense does win championships... sometimes... when M. Bitzer is in goal. That said, the other years listed say offense wins and I agree.

Tech and BG might be a little different in goals required to win. I've observed over a few seasons that BG wins when it scores 3 or more or gives up 2 or fewer.

BG 2018-2019 WCHA regular season
              Record when
              Scoring 3 or more: 13-0-2
              Scoring 2 or fewer: 3-8-2 <== Here's the problem
              Allowing 2 or fewer: 15-2-2
              Allowing 3 or more: 1-6-2
              Might have something to do with that horrible style of play you use.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The first Joe Shawhan Hour of the season is now scheduled for September 30 at 9am.

It will originate live from the Tervo Agency in downtown Hancock, so expect a guest appearance from agent and former Huskies forward Jeff Mikesch in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  The first Joe Shawhan Hour of the season is now scheduled for September 30 at 9am.

It will originate live from the Tervo Agency in downtown Hancock, so expect a guest appearance from agent and former Huskies forward Jeff Mikesch in the show.
                  Just set the reminder on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Might have something to do with that horrible style of play you use.
                      Something tells me that pattern of wins and losses and goals scored and allowed is pretty consistent across college hockey. It has been as long as I can remember.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Something tells me that pattern of wins and losses and goals scored and allowed is pretty consistent across college hockey. It has been as long as I can remember.
                        for once I agree with you...score 3 goals and you win most of the time, dont and you lose most of the time.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Is it possible, since the season is starting in what two weeks, that we might somehow get a date for the GLi?
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Is it possible, since the season is starting in what two weeks, that we might somehow get a date for the GLi?
                            Judging from the other schools' websites, I believe it is the 30-31st of Dec.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              You actually need two dates.

Not publicly announced yet, but I can confirm through an unnamed MTU official that December 30-31 are the dates.

Comment

• Don't look now, but son-of-a-Congressman Levi Stauber has 5 goals in his first 5 BCHL games. He had 8 goals in 41 games last year in the NAHL.

Evan Orr is also in his first BCHL season, and has a goal and an assist in his first two games.

All of our other recruits are playing in the states (Alex Nordstrom TBD - hopefully he makes Fargo's roster).

Lastly, former Calumet Copper Kings Brent Loukus and Sam Erkkila are trying to follow Nordstrom's path by playing for Grande Prairie (AJHL).

Comment

Working...
                                X