Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I don't like Rogue 7. "Going rogue" would imply a loner.

That makes sense, but I need something to call the 7. And if they don't take UAH in if/when the AK schools fold, I might start calling them the Spoiled 7.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      My first question for Joe: "So how is this year's frosh and last year's frosh classes looking and will they be ready for the new league?"
      Bait and switch...

Ryan J
      I like your way of thinking.

Also I would ask a question about what's in the works any contingency plans ii regards to scheduling if (when) the AK schools fold their programs. I would think that that would be an answerable question outside of the forming a new league media silence..

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        That makes sense, but I need something to call the 7. And if they don't take UAH in if/when the AK schools fold, I might start calling them the Spoiled 7.
        We internally on our Slack go with Runaway Seven.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
          I like your way of thinking.

Also I would ask a question about what's in the works any contingency plans ii regards to scheduling if (when) the AK schools fold their programs. I would think that that would be an answerable question outside of the forming a new league media silence..
          While I’m certain things are in process, it’s highly unlikely that until anything is made public until the point that any changes become official.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

The severing seven

Comment

Well played GFM. I had to look up panacea.

And why does BG whine so much? They have the shortest trip to Huntsville and it is closer than a BSU, MSU or MTU. I guess that just gets added to the list of things I don't like about BG.

I still like Frickers!!!

Comment

The Michigan Tech hockey update radio show (aka Joe Shawhan Hour) will air at 11am on Mix93 WKMJ. The reason for the late time is the inclusion of a phone interview with former Husky Mitch Reinke, who will likely appear in the Kraft Hockeyville game in Calumet as a member of the St. Louis Blues.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  The Michigan Tech hockey update radio show (aka Joe Shawhan Hour) will air at 11am on Mix93 WKMJ. The reason for the late time is the inclusion of a phone interview with former Husky Mitch Reinke, who will likely appear in the Kraft Hockeyville game in Calumet as a member of the St. Louis Blues.
                  What's not to love about a Joe Show in July. Hopefully Reinke will be on the ice at the Colosseum. It would also be great if Mike Zuke would make an appearance. Any word on that?

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    I've been thinking about this. If you wanted a 28-game league schedule, that's home-and-home with everyone. I know that we don't fit the "our fans can't see the games because they're 3-4 hours off our time zone" criteria, but it is still time-and-money expensive to play here. I don't see a dissolution of the Alaska System athletics programs (I want to continue to note that this wouldn't be just dropping hockey) being a panacea for the Chargers. BG is still going to ***** about traveling here.

GFM
                    You're making an assumption that it was BG that was *****ing about traveling to UAH. I have NEVER heard anyone here complain about that trip. Alaska, yes, UAH, no. I would assume that it was the northernmost schools who have to fly down there that complain the most.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                      You're making an assumption that it was BG that was *****ing about traveling to UAH. I have NEVER heard anyone here complain about that trip. Alaska, yes, UAH, no. I would assume that it was the northernmost schools who have to fly down there that complain the most.
                      If I've heard talk of BG as an organization not liking the trip, is that enough to remove it as an assumption?

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                        the only parties that should be complaining are the three teams that got left out...

huntsville to anchorage is 4,151 driving miles (or some nine hours by plane) and to fairbanks 4,036 driving miles (or some 10 hours by plane) - by comparison boston to san diego is 3,044 miles, and seattle to miami is 3,297.

the next closest in the WCHA is huntsville to bemidji at 1,208 miles.

huntsville to bowling green is only some 563 miles - less then half the distance.

GO TECH GOLD!
                        Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 07-16-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          If I've heard talk of BG as an organization not liking the trip, is that enough to remove it as an assumption?

GFM
                          I would assume BGSU's bigger issue is being designated rivals with UAH and that dragging down their RPI? idk
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

If I was asking the coach questions this week I'd want to know, "since the B1G schools are just now bringing incoming Freshmen on campus for the next season, some of the recruits on the list are not going to be attending. Are any of those players of interest to us?"
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I would assume BGSU's bigger issue is being designated rivals with UAH and that dragging down their RPI? idk
                              OK. Someday I will understand the whole RPI and what factors help and hurt a team. The following items are how I thought it worked: 1- A "weaker" team doesn't hurt your RPI unless you lose to them. 2- Playing in a conference that has a poor combined NC record hurts because it brings the whole conference strength of opponent down for your 28 conference games. 3-Winning or losing your OOC games swings your RPI more than the combined record of your conference opponents. 4-Ultimately if you win your games, the RPI will take care of itself. So if that is the case, by having UAH as your designated rival doesn't really hurt you that much, and it should probably help because if they really are that much weaker, you should be able to get 4 Ws per year. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

OK. Someday I will understand the whole RPI and what factors help and hurt a team. The following items are how I thought it worked: 1- A "weaker" team doesn't hurt your RPI unless you lose to them. 2- Playing in a conference that has a poor combined NC record hurts because it brings the whole conference strength of opponent down for your 28 conference games. 3-Winning or losing your OOC games swings your RPI more than the combined record of your conference opponents. 4-Ultimately if you win your games, the RPI will take care of itself. So if that is the case, by having UAH as your designated rival doesn't really hurt you that much, and it should probably help because if they really are that much weaker, you should be able to get 4 Ws per year. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
                                its complicated but with how close BGSU was to making the NCAAs on a couple occasions as an At-Large bid, playing UAH 4 times and winning might have hurt them just enough compared to playing someone better and going 4-0, 3-0-1, or 3-1 would have...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X