Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Rumored that David Raisanen (Minot/NAHL) will be coming to Tech.

Comment

• One more potential recruit of note: Dawson McKay was an honorable mention for BCHL Player of the Week, scoring 3 goals in 2 games for Powell River. I can't imagine he'd need scholarship money to come home. Only question is whether he's good enough.

Comment

Looks like two big size/strength guys. If they have the skill to play, they would be nice additions.
        Last edited by Lost_Husky; 09-17-2019, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Hi all, can you tell me what ever happened to the idea of a Houghton outdoor series VS. the UM Ice Wolves?
          The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
            Hi all, can you tell me what ever happened to the idea of a Houghton outdoor series VS. the UM Ice Wolves?
            That was an april fools joke article on THG.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              That was an april fools joke article on THG.
              We got duped!
              The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieYnot View Post
                These NAHL guys tend to be late-blooming projects. Joe probably sees the 6'5"/227 stat, and thinks he's coachable.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  These NAHL guys tend to be late-blooming projects. Joe probably sees the 6'5"/227 stat, and thinks he's coachable.
                  don't forget the "family" name
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
                    We got duped!
                    don't feel bad, they duped me into thinking women's hockey was coming to Tech.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by StevieYnot View Post
                      And now he's listed on the roster (as a sophomore).

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                        And now he's listed on the roster (as a sophomore).
                        He's from God's Country, big body, and going for an ME degree.

Can he play D1 hockey? Is he a walk-on/non-scholarship player?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

Maybe; most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post

He's from St. Cloud. His sister played volleyball for Tech. Got out of hockey for a year and started university at UofMinn. Decided he wanted to keep playing and got back into it. Put up lack luster numbers two seasons ago, before putting up 50pts this past season (nothing spectacular for the NAHL). Listed as weighing 227 last season. That will score some goals against 165 lb 17 & 18 year olds… He is now listed at 215 lbs. Shed some weight and probably gained a little bit of foot speed. Will it translate to scoring at the NCAA level?? Who knows/wait and see..

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                              Got out of hockey for a year and started university at UofMinn.
                              And that was in the fall of 2016. If I'm up on my eligibility rules, that means he can play just two seasons with Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                And that was in the fall of 2016. If I'm up on my eligibility rules, that means he can play just two seasons with Tech.
                                Did he play at UMD? If he hasn't played NCAA, he should have all his eligibility, no?

As always, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X