No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carver Watson is now committed to Mercyhurst.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Joe Shawhan (half) Hour off-season edition confirmed for 8:30am Monday on Mix93 WKMJ.

Comment

A 1/2 hour is going to be a bit short for all the items up in the air......

Hope to hear some news on the health of Mitch Meek as well as the updates on the rumored departures.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
          Carver Watson is now committed to Mercyhurst.
          Was this really a surprise? I'd say it's been in the tea leaves for quite sometime..

Comment

I assume we're still dealing with a combination of Marv's overrecruiting and Joe wanting "his" guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I assume we're still dealing with a combination of Marv's overrecruiting and Joe wanting "his" guys.
              I'd tend to agree. I think the writing on the wall that Carver wasn't a fit has been there for quite some time.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                Carver Watson is now committed to Mercyhurst.
                May support the other rumored cut. I was never able to confirm it but heard Cooper may be gone also.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                  May support the other rumored cut. I was never able to confirm it but heard Cooper may be gone also.
                  The word most associated with Coop is transfer, not cut.. If true I would imagine there are several different takes you could come up with on that situation (which came first the chicken or the egg). My gut feeling going back a season or more, has been the Carver didn't fit in to Tech's plans... a Mel recruit, deferred three times, lack of size, lack luster offensive numbers in the BCHL..

So, to me no great surprise.

Comment

Five minutes to air time. The anticipation is building.

Comment

Confirmed that Gavin Gould, Thomas Beretta, and Andrew Bellant will not return to the roster. According to Joe Shawhan, none of the players were cut - the decision came from the players to leave.

Comment

Also revealed that Tommy Parrottino had an off-season injury playing basketball, apparently a fracture in his knee.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Confirmed that Gavin Gould, Thomas Beretta, and Andrew Bellant will not return to the roster. According to Joe Shawhan, none of the players were cut - the decision came from the players to leave.
                          Wow! I am surprised about Beretta. With a large freshman class one can expect one of them to transfer/leave. Sounds like Joe is really happy with who is returning and who is coming in.

It is nice to see us pushing for/playing some home NC home games and non-B1G/NCHC teams.

Comment

Sounds like Cooper Watson is still a Husky! I love his tough nosed play. I hope he can find his game and become a permanent fixture in the line up. Sounds like Coach Shawhan is excited and very positive about the future. Disappointed to see Gould and Beretta go but if it was their decision I hold nothing against the coach. The season can't start soon enough!

Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                              Sounds like Cooper Watson is still a Husky! I love his tough nosed play. I hope he can find his game and become a permanent fixture in the line up. Sounds like Coach Shawhan is excited and very positive about the future. Disappointed to see Gould and Beretta go but if it was their decision I hold nothing against the coach. The season can't start soon enough!

Go Huskies!
                              Agree, nice to see Coop staying. Future looks bright, bring on October!

Comment

Of course Joe is going to say it was ultimately their decision, and that I don't doubt. However he obviously had a substantial role in the departures, whether it was playing time, disagreement over plays/systems, or whatever. Let's not pretend the decision wasn't effectively mutual.

Comment

Working...
                                X