Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Of course Joe is going to say it was ultimately their decision, and that I don't doubt. However he obviously had a substantial role in the departures, whether it was playing time, disagreement over plays/systems, or whatever. Let's not pretend the decision wasn't effectively mutual.
    Are you saying the players are more important than the coaches and the playing style/culture should bend to the will of the few players who aren't buying in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
      Are you saying the players are more important than the coaches and the playing style/culture should bend to the will of the few players who aren't buying in?
      I didn't get this from Fade's comment. He is right in the sense that the coach put the players in a situation that they no longer feel good about their situation. I don't think he was saying the coach should change anything just noting that the coaches actions obviously played a big role in said players decisions to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
        I didn't get this from Fade's comment. He is right in the sense that the coach put the players in a situation that they no longer feel good about their situation. I don't think he was saying the coach should change anything just noting that the coaches actions obviously played a big role in said players decisions to leave.
        I see your point but you are missing one part to this comment. The players seem to have made a choice well before the coach made comments, and then the players made their decision. If all that's been said is true then players put the coach in a situation he did not feel good about. Are you playing the coaches way or are you playing in your own interests?

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
          This is exactly the point of my post.

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          I see your point but you are missing one part to this comment. The players seem to have made a choice well before the coach made comments, and then the players made their decision. If all that's been said is true then players put the coach in a situation he did not feel good about. Are you playing the coaches way or are you playing in your own interests?
          Maybe, but I never said the players involved made their decision before Joe made his. In fact, with playing time being a factor, I'd think it's quite the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            good looking schedule!!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Two Calumet forwards, Brent Loukus and Sam Erkkila, have signed with Grande Prairie (AJHL). Taking the Alex Nordstrom path to Tech, perhaps.

Comment

Sub
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Any arguments with Tech's potential forwards vying for the top 6 forward group this year?

Smith C1
                  Halonen C2
                  Broetzman LW1
                  Parrottino LW2 if back from injury
                  Bliss RW1
                  L. Pietila or Saretsky RW2

Reitmeier and Misiak will challenge, but see them on the third line with Reitmeier needed at Center.

Comment

Halonen for 1C. Smith struggled last year and should have to earn his Top 6 spot back.

Comment

Brice is the new captain, with Smith and Donohue being the alternate captains.

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20190521f9w2kk
                      Last edited by Lost_Husky; 05-23-2019, 07:39 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                        Brice is the new captain, with Smith and Donohue being the alternate captains.
                        Speculation or fact?

Comment

fact, its been released by the team
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

//https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/minor-league/former-cedar-rapids-roughrider-mitch-reinke-and-his-st-louis-blues-ready-for-stanley-cup-finals-20190526

Not to root for anyone to get hurt or anything, but it would be cool to see Reinke get a shot at playing in the Cup Finals....

Comment

Joe Shawhan will be back on Mix93 WKMJ for another offseason update on Monday June 3 at 8:30am.

Comment

Joe Shawhan (and Tanner Kero) now on Mix93 WKMJ. Listen live at pasty.net or themix93.com or wait for michigantechhuskies.com to post the audio files later today.

Comment

Working...
                                X