Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    alumni, staff, friends, parents, community members, etc.
    ...and hockey fans... there are 40 minutes left on the clock...
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8&t=10s
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Heard a rumor of possible departures and/or releases of a couple of key players. I have been unable to confirm at this point so I will not share the names. Hope to find out more this morning.

Anyone else hear anything?

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
          Heard a rumor of possible departures and/or releases of a couple of key players. I have been unable to confirm at this point so I will not share the names. Hope to find out more this morning.

What!?

Comment

Maybe it'll get announced on the JSH?

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              Maybe it'll get announced on the JSH?

GFM
              Who knows but if they do it would be real important to find out all the reaosns why.

Comment

I heard rumor of 1 key player that will not be back from a former coworker who lives in the Houghton area.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  Who knows but if they do it would be real important to find out all the reaosns why.
                  I've seen players leave on their own volition and at the coaches' discretion across the league over the years, including at UAH (Corbett cleaned house after his first year). Very rarely have I seen details make it past the strong rumor level. As long as the student-athletes know why, things are okay in my book. (I have heard some UAH players say that this wasn't clear with Corbett's culling, but I strongly discount those given the source.)

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

I've seen players leave on their own volition and at the coaches' discretion across the league over the years, including at UAH (Corbett cleaned house after his first year). Very rarely have I seen details make it past the strong rumor level. As long as the student-athletes know why, things are okay in my book. (I have heard some UAH players say that this wasn't clear with Corbett's culling, but I strongly discount those given the source.)

GFM
                    There were several tweets out of Umass about B Boeing playing for us and now on the UMass team. The inference was he made a good decision by leaving, but what they didn't say was that if he had stayed, he'd have made the tournament twice instead of once.

Comment

There were several tweets out of Umass about B Boeing playing for us and now on the UMass team. The inference was he made a good decision by leaving, but what they didn't say was that if he had stayed, he'd have made the tournament twice instead of once.
                      An easy response to that is "quality over quantity".

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Played the same number of tournament games with one victory as opposed to zero
                        Last edited by rustedblades; 04-17-2019, 04:25 PM.

Comment

GFM
                          If I remember correctly Pearson cut several players when he came on board also

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                            I heard rumor of 1 key player that will not be back from a former coworker who lives in the Houghton area.
                            If you've been listening to every JSH you won't be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                              If you've been listening to every JSH you won't be shocked.
                              No but I ask you, how many top programs, say Qpac or any other top small school program loses players. We lost a goalie last year and now another player. So as a program you have to review what you are doing and how you are doing it because you don't want it to be your fault a play doesn't feel welcome.
                              Also if there are so many top players available like US college hockey keeps saying, how come schools steal the players of other schools like this.? IMHO, This kind of thing is the result of constant phone calls from agents and other teams who seem to think this is ok. I understand sometimes a player is not a good fit, but it seems like we have too many of those and it's odd that its never one of the more average players.

Comment

No but I ask you, how many top programs, say Qpac or any other top small school program loses players.
                                The Renouf twins went to UAA after not cracking the lineup at Quinnipiac: https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...-wait-is-over/

It seems like there's always a handful of guys who are in the 19-yo range that bail on school after a semester and drop back to the USHL to play as an overage player until they can re-enroll at another school without penalty. I believe that Packy did that when he left UVM.

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X