Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    //https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/minor-league/former-cedar-rapids-roughrider-mitch-reinke-and-his-st-louis-blues-ready-for-stanley-cup-finals-20190526

Not to root for anyone to get hurt or anything, but it would be cool to see Reinke get a shot at playing in the Cup Finals....
    agree. what a thrill for a young guy. "yeah, my first NHL game was in the Stanley Cup finals"
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      agree. what a thrill for a young guy. "yeah, my first NHL game was in the Stanley Cup finals"
      Mitch actually already made his NHL debut right after he left Tech - just a single game.
      Ryan
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I hope he's pulverized. Go B's.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          I hope he's pulverized. Go B's.

GFM
          You don’t like the Blues guys with their Alabama ties?
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Mitch actually already made his NHL debut right after he left Tech - just a single game.
            Ryan
            Hoping Reinke can be a champ when the Blues are up in September.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post

is he a top six center? lol

Actually a 6'6 190 pound RW who's OHL rights are owned by Kitchner.. Huge raw potential..
                Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 06-03-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  Joe Shawhan (and Tanner Kero) now on Mix93 WKMJ. Listen live at pasty.net or themix93.com or wait for michigantechhuskies.com to post the audio files later today.
                  Thanks for the heads up.

I wasn't surprised to hear Shawhan is trying to install a similar playing style/mentality to the Bruins.

I do like how he has added some size/strength/grit to the team. The big question, can we put the puck in the back of their net?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Ryan
                    ah, my bad. change that too my 2nd game ...
                    Boosh Factor 4

Comment

putting the puck in the back of the net? wow, hasn't that been our problem for years and years. good defenses, but can't win games when you score only a couple of goals.

summer isn't even here and I am already getting pumped for hockey!
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                        Thanks for the heads up.

I wasn't surprised to hear Shawhan is trying to install a similar playing style/mentality to the Bruins.

I do like how he has added some size/strength/grit to the team. The big question, can we put the puck in the back of their net?
                        Watch the Bruins is like watching Bowling Green and i'm not a fan of that style of play. Grit is fine, but this neutral zone game I hate. Go Blues! And I hate Marchand also, so there's that.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20190603g4ibkb

Lots of players from MI. Just by chance or some other possible reasons? Of course the family connections as well.

Does anyone feel Joe has a chip on his shoulder or just ribbing when he mentions things with Marv?

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            You don’t like the Blues guys with their Alabama ties?
                            Nope. If it's the Finals, I don't care. Destroy them all.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              Does anyone feel Joe has a chip on his shoulder or just ribbing when he mentions things with Marv?
                              Can you give an example? I know Coach Shawhan didn't appreciate cleaning up Marv's recruiting mess but other then that, is there anything else he has said?
                              Last edited by rustedblades; 06-05-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...20190603g4ibkb

Lots of players from MI. Just by chance or some other possible reasons? Of course the family connections as well.

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                                Can you give an example? I know Coach Shawhan didn't appreciate cleaning up Marv's recruiting mess but other then that, is there anything else he has said?
                                Joe has made mention of over-recruiting a few times. Little shot a marv, no doubt. But I don't really see a 'chip on the shoulder' about anything.

As to the players from Michigan if you look the names and home towns for three of them there really should be no surprise.. In fact I'm hoping that we can land two more out of the Brighton/Howell/Hartland area.. This years Michigan Mr. Hockey Joey Larson, who's dad is from Houghton. And Tim Erkkila, Dream team and All State 1st team this past season.. Hope we get him before BG does...

Comment

Working...
                                X