Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
    Saretsky the Freshman on the first line. 2 goalies suited, not Pietela.
    Pic of the lineup card?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      Pic of the lineup card?
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGJaLVPUUAIUEz8.jpg

Comment

Thanks. I think I'm going to like the Reitmeier-Bliss-Halonen line.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
          The D1 portal allows for transfers with no penalty under certain situations. We lost a junior QB this past year to West Virginia who was granted immediate eligibility. Each case is looked at on an individual basis.

I'm sure that you haven't heard anything on your end. Why would you? The information about your coach fighting it came straight from someone who knows first hand what is going on.

Which makes the information second-hand.

Comment

Originally posted by model94 View Post
            Which makes the information second-hand.
            Must be made up then.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

"Every painting by Mozart wasn't perfect..." Oh, Joe...

Just win and keep winning, and I'll forget this little gaffe.

Comment

Not a gaffe. Supposedly a football coach said that last weekend.

Comment

Kind of what is expected for a first game, a little sloppy, but I did notice a couple things that were a bit different from last year.

The overall team speed and the turnover / to transition caught Robert Morris on several occasions.
                  The D also kept Robert Morris to the outside for the majority of time with the exception of a few instances including their goal and the nice save by Jurusik in OT.
                  Lipe and Swoyer seemed to carry the load. Seamus will bounce back tonight. Trying to do too much.

Trenton Bliss stood out all night. From the other forwards, Saretsky, Pietila , Smith, Reitmeier had good games.

Our D will be using a lot of the 11, so I would like Tech to use the extra fwd on most nights. I like Misiak better at right wing, if Saretsky, Halonen, Pietila, and Misiak patrol the RW all season, we will see some offense from all 4 lines.

Comment

I don't recall offhand what the NCAA rules are regarding how many can travel and I don't know who was in town but not in uniform last night. It will be interesting how Joe juggles the lineup this afternoon. I like keeping Reitmeier-Bliss-Halonen together.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                      if Saretsky, Halonen, Pietila, and Misiak patrol the RW all season, we will see some offense from all 4 lines.
                      They will need to find offence from somewhere. 1 goal in 60 minutes won't get it done most nights.

Comment

My thoughts from the opening game...

For those not able to attend in person, the overall RMU facility is pretty impressive as a whole. Granted the "varsity" rink is nothing special, but it is attached an Olympic ice rink, a second NHL spec open air ice rink and an NHL spec ROLLER hockey open air rink. This complex almost has more lockerrooms than ASU has seats for home games.

Goaltending was the #1 star last night and the reason Tech won the game. There were a number of grade "A" saves by MJ last night. RMU could have easily had 3-4 goals last night had the net minding not been sharp.

I was disappointed to see Tech repeatedly dump and chase on the power play. RMU just kept their D deep and 75% of the time they easily beat Tech to the puck and dumped it back out of the zone. I was surprised Tech didn't change up their plan or at least make a softer dump to give the forwards a better chance of beating RMU to the loose puck.

Overall, I felt Tech had a smaller line-up on the ice, but didn't have/use speed to capitalize on that advantage. They got knocked off the puck quite a bit due to the lack of size. Hopefully Tech will put a larger line-up on the ice tonight to match the physical play of RMU so Tech can control the puck more. Too much of last night's game was played in Tech's zone.

A win is a win so the how doesn't matter once it is in the books. Just improve going forward. And for the record, Joe is right. Mozart's paintings were crap. His best works were musical in nature. I know Joe is man of honor and I'm sure he's mailed off a check for $1 to super intellectual NFL coach Andy Reid who originally coined that phrase about a week ago.

Bring the brooms and let's get the sweep tonight and get out of Steel Town with two big road, non-conference wins.
                        Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 10-06-2019, 11:47 AM.
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Bring the brooms and let's get the sweep tonight and get out of Steel Town with two big road, non-conference wins.
                          Can I hear an AMEN?

Comment

Amen! It's time for a new thread, eh?
                            "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                            Abe Lincoln

Comment

Just watching on TV but I had gone to see NMU on saturday night and then watched us this afternoon. My comment is we were sloppy and slow to get out of the zone. Strength on the puck was an issue at times but we missed a lot of passes early too.

NMU was quite good and will be pushing BG for second.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                                Not a gaffe. Supposedly a football coach said that last weekend.

Saw the interview again, and you're right. KC Chiefs coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X