Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
    My understanding is if MTU signs a release for him he would not have to sit out. (Basically stating they cut him) I am hoping since he no longer fits the programs plans that the program would be kind enough to sign the release. Heard early rumors they were not going to release him; hopefully that changed. We shall see.
    I do not believe that rule still exists, the NCAA removed it a few years ago. You have to sit out now unless you're a grad transfer or get an NCAA waiver for another reason such as moving closer to home.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
      I do not believe that rule still exists, the NCAA removed it a few years ago. You have to sit out now unless you're a grad transfer or get an NCAA waiver for another reason such as moving closer to home.
      The transfer-release agreement still exists unfortunately in Gould's case he does not meet the 1st condition as he was recruited by the original school. BGSU would have to apply for a special exemption.

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:

You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men’s ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.

You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.

You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
        The transfer-release agreement still exists unfortunately in Gould's case he does not meet the 1st condition as he was recruited by the original school. BGSU would have to apply for a special exemption.

One-time transfer exception: If you transfer from a four-year school, you may be immediately eligible to compete at your new school if you meet ALL the following conditions:

You are transferring to a Division II or III school, or you are transferring to a Division I school in any sport other than baseball, men's or women's basketball, football (Football Bowl Subdivision) or men’s ice hockey. If you are transferring to a Division I school for any of the previously-listed sports, you may be eligible to compete immediately if you were not recruited by your original school and you have never received an athletics scholarship.

You are academically and athletically eligible at your previous four-year school.

You receive a transfer-release agreement from your previous four-year school.
        According to this, it looks like he will have to sit out even if Tech gave him a release?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
          Well ... maybe it would be fair to discuss the 'numbers' of all the upperclassmen last year. Using your pts/game standard for 2017-18 and 2018-19:

Ford .44 - .35
          Steman .44 - .35
          Jackson .66 - .36
          Gould .65 - .35
          Lucchini .88 - .68
          Smith .55 - .42
          The only upperclassman whose pts/game stat went up was Beretta .26 - .35

So, what happened to upperclassmen last year? Maybe it isn't appropriate to single out Gould.
          I would say a combination of playing style, personnel, youth (it was a very young team), and having huge shoes to fill.

You don't lose guys like Joel, Reinke, Baltus, Birks, and Auk at a WCHA school not named MnSU and take a step forward. It was a rebuilding year.

Of all the schools, I would have slotted BGSU as one of the last schools Gould would fit. Historically they play a very physical style. Maybe their new coach is going to a more open/less physical style.

Comment

as long as the locker-room drama is gone this up-coming season is already a success...

this will be joe's third season at the helm; how many of mel's recruits are still around? can't wait to see where we are some three years from now... or however long where all players have been recruited by joe et al.

this season too is already exciting for the possible conference developments and the fact that this time around we are not getting caught with our pants down.

in less then one week we should know more about the alaska teams...

wonder too if UAH has been doing the rounds in selling itself as not to be left out.

you need to be pro-active... or you will end up with the crubs...

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
              I would say a combination of playing style, personnel, youth (it was a very young team), and having huge shoes to fill.

You don't lose guys like Joel, Reinke, Baltus, Birks, and Auk at a WCHA school not named MnSU and take a step forward. It was a rebuilding year.

Of all the schools, I would have slotted BGSU as one of the last schools Gould would fit. Historically they play a very physical style. Maybe their new coach is going to a more open/less physical style.
              Gould got pounded regularly by BG. Maybe he wanted to be on the other side of their physical game.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                wonder too if UAH has been doing the rounds in selling itself as not to be left out.
                I wonder if they've been selling themselves to the 7, pleading their case to not get kicked out of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                  I wonder if they've been selling themselves to the 7, pleading their case to not get kicked out of the club.
                  If the words from the release hold, then I don't expect them to take UAH in. If they roll back, it's okay by me. I like seeing the boys play y'all jerks.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    If the words from the release hold, then I don't expect them to take UAH in. If they roll back, it's okay by me. I like seeing the boys play y'all jerks.

GFM
                    and wonder too if they are not only bugging the magnificent seven but also the AHA in whatever sense that makes; one of survival.

air force -vs- army? hell, there is something to be said about air force -vs- space force too!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                      as long as the locker-room drama is gone this up-coming season is already a success...

this will be joe's third season at the helm; how many of mel's recruits are still around? can't wait to see where we are some three years from now... or however long where all players have been recruited by joe et al.

this season too is already exciting for the possible conference developments and the fact that this time around we are not getting caught with our pants down.

in less then one week we should know more about the alaska teams...

you need to be pro-active... or you will end up with the crubs...
                      Joe played a key role in scouting and recruiting as an assistant.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        yes, but under mel.

wondering when -ALL- are under him as a head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          I'm sure part of his recruiting spiel was playing for Marv as HC. As we've seen, Marv and Joe take different approaches to the game. I am excited to see what Joe can do with a full roster of his boys.

I like this team
                          GO TECH GOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
                            and wonder too if they are not only bugging the magnificent seven but also the AHA in whatever sense that makes; one of survival.

air force -vs- army? hell, there is something to be said about air force -vs- space force too!
                            I cannot confirm that they have, but I'd be stunned if they hadn't.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              According to this, it looks like he will have to sit out even if Tech gave him a release?

Correct, that is what I was trying to point out.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                                Correct, that is what I was trying to point out.
                                I guess time will tell. I do wish him the best, but not against Tech [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X