• Show
Clear All

Re: Goodbye Enrico!

Here's Enrico's contract.

http://miamioh.edu/_files/documents/...-agreement.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Also a UNH fan, having grown up in NH. No, thank you. Good for him accomplishing what he has at the prep-level, however. Who's your next suggestion, Red Gendron...
      Please take him...……..

Comment

I have so many fond memories of the guy. He's the main reason I had hatred for Miami (past tense, as with the CCHA gone and their team being terrible, no reason to care anymore).

Rico Blasi, the only head coach I've ever known to turn around and yell at opposing fans after his team scored. I believe the quote was, "ef you you ef heads". Only, using the actual curse word.

Honestly, making fun of Rico is one of things I miss about the CCHA. From short handed goal "shorty" chants pointed at him, to mocking his anger/gestures/requests for additional video reviews by the refs, it was so much fun.

Looks like the "dynasty" has come to an end. I'm still wondering if it ever began.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I remember the first home game hosting Miami the season following their blowing the National Championship game that during warm ups several Ohio State students behind the Miami net were wearing Boston University jerseys and rubbing their chests against the glass in front of their players.
          Enrico was NOT amused! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            Seth Appert probably wants another crack at an NCAA head coaching gig. I’m sure he could do much better at a place like Miami than at RPI.
            Please name one positive thing he did during his decade at the Tute. He did duck when Bennett swung at him but aside from being a nice guy who was supportive of his players off the ice, I'm not remembering any highlights.

There was the time he got all gaga because Denver was destined to win the Albany regional but again....

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              I remember the first home game hosting Miami the season following their blowing the National Championship game that during warm ups several Ohio State students behind the Miami net were wearing Boston University jerseys and rubbing their chests against the glass in front of their players.
              As a BU fan who was at that incredible game in D.C., I find that astonishingly bush league. I will never forget that evening. Talk about going from the depths of despair to complete exhilaration in one minute!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                As a BU fan who was at that incredible game in D.C., I find that astonishingly bush league. I will never forget that evening. Talk about going from the depths of despair to complete exhilaration in one minute!
                from the thrill of victory.....
                da -- da --daaaaaah
                to the agony of defeat
                DA -- DA - DA - DA
                ..spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sports
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Why would a couple of college kids doing that be bush league? I thought it was amusing and rather creative and we had a pretty intense in state rivalry going then.
                  Besides, I see and hear student sections today chanting obscenities & vulgarities in unison at opposing teams these days in complete violation of NCAA code of conduct rule so how is the jersey wearers conduct wrong compared to that?

Comment

Why would a couple of college kids doing that be bush league? I thought it was amusing and rather creative and we had a pretty intense in state rivalry going then.
                    Besides, I see and hear student sections today chanting obscenities & vulgarities in unison at opposing teams these days in complete violation of NCAA code of conduct rule so how is the jersey wearers conduct wrong compared to that?
                    It was, and still is, a classic college hockey story which will be re-told for years. Hockeybuckeye, I still chuckle every time you post that story.

Comment

That could put a ding in how much they'll have left to pay the next coach!
                      There are two options to increase Miami's win total next season:
                      Paying Enrico's buyout <<<< Paying the NCHC buyout
                      So that's why they did what they did.
                      Ryan
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                        It was, and still is, a classic college hockey story which will be re-told for years. Hockeybuckeye, I still chuckle every time you post that story.
                        Thanks! Not meaning to diverge from the real topic but if you want a REAL classic I'll need to tell you sometime the story how myself & the team partied with Rick James in Detroit and what Rick did after our CCHA title win back in 2004!

Comment

It Happened!!!!

Comment

Two wrongs don't make a right... I get it...the "sieve" chants and all that stuff are in good fun. But the "****** you and all that stuff just goes a little too far IMO. Everyone is complaining about the nastiness today. Well, show some class and restraint. To me, taunting someone crossed the line. My dad always taught me to have humility. When you win, understand that you experienced some level of good fortune and show sportsmanship. The sacking the quarterback and flexing the biceps afterwards, or the ludicrous over-the-top end zone celebrations after scoring a TD from the one-inch line are really annoying. And it has nothing to do with "having fun." It's designed to show up the opponent and I don't feel that is necessary.

EDIT: Apparently they couldn't print what I wrote...
                            Last edited by chickod; 03-20-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks! Not meaning to diverge from the real topic but if you want a REAL classic I'll need to tell you sometime the story how myself & the team partied with Rick James in Detroit and what Rick did after our CCHA title win back in 2004!
                              The kind of thing you can't go home and tell mother?

Comment

The kind of thing you can't go home and tell mother?
                                He actually said in front of everybody "I'm Rick James B*tch!" and there's more.......

Comment

Working...
                                X