Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goodbye Enrico!

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Greg Moore of the Chicago Steel has a heck of a resume - Hobey finalist, NHL player, assistant for the NTDP. Is only in his second year with the Steel, but it would be a hire that could cause some excitement.
    Impressive. Seems like he, and Tri-Cities Kevin Noreen, are college head coaches in the making - but his resume is still a little thin. I agree with JD that he might line up perfectly to take over for Gendron in a year or two...

As for your earlier post about Mannino and his former boss at UNO - it just shows how desperate Miami has been the last year, likely knowing this day was a real possibility...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I'd be fine with Moore... Or Corkum, or Rico, or Gwoz, or even Blackie..!

Something needs to be done. Anything, at this point.
      Lol, nobody wants me as coach.

Somehow though, I bet between you and I we could coach Maine better. Which is sort of scary and ****ing in its legitimacy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Lol, nobody wants me as coach.

Somehow though, I bet between you and I we could coach Maine better. Which is sort of scary and ****ing in its legitimacy.
        You can't say **** on this website... But it is big and holds a lot of water back. D@@n

Comment

You can bet Miami has long had a wish list of candidates thinking ahead that Enrico may not have been able to pull out of the nose dive this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Also a UNH fan, having grown up in NH. No, thank you. Good for him accomplishing what he has at the prep-level, however. Who's your next suggestion, Red Gendron...
            Hey that would be great, want some help getting it set up.

Comment

I can't get over the fact that the article says the program came up "SHORT of expectations..."
              Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                Hey that would be great, want some help getting it set up.
                Careful... Red is a New Hampshire native.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                  I can't get over the fact that the article says the program came up "SHORT of expectations..."
                  Don't steal my thunder, I already called that one! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Sounds like he should replace Red Gendron
                    An early christmas that would be.

Comment

So what was Enrico's current yearly salary?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        So what was Enrico's current yearly salary?
                        His contract was posted on Miamihawktalk.com, today, and his base salary was $342,381 - With a very nice set of bonus opportunities and a number of additional benefits...

Someone on Hawktalk also suggested that Bergeron's salary was just 170K - is that correct? Because Miami seems to offer substantial pay-raise opportunities for a few of the coaches mentioned in this thread...
                        Last edited by Dan; 03-19-2019, 09:13 PM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          His contract was posted on Miamihawktalk.com, today, and his base salary was $342,381 - With a very nice set of bonus opportunities and a number of additional benefits...

Someone on Hawktalk also suggested that Bergeron's salary was just 170K - is that correct? Because Miami seems to offer substantial pay-raise opportunities for a few of the coaches mentioned in this thread...
                          Since hockey is the only sport Miami has that has gained national recognition (at least as far as I know) I can see why they invested the money here.

Comment

Bergeron is signed through 2023.
                            He made $251K in 2017 and $256K in 2018.

Not sure what he made this year. Probably North of $260K and that might be more if he gets them into the NCAA tourney. BGDrew knows all the numbers for all the WCHA coaches.....he may post here if he sees it.

The Bergeron numbers above come from a site that list all the Athletic Budgets of MAC schools, of which BG is one.
                            Last edited by bravohankins; 03-19-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Give us your wretched and poor.
                              Last edited by BlackI; 03-19-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                                Bergeron is signed through 2023.
                                He made $251K in 2017 and $256K in 2018.

Not sure what he made this year. Probably North of $260K and that might be more if he gets them into the NCAA tourney. BGDrew knows all the numbers for all the WCHA coaches.....he may post here if he sees it.

The Bergeron numbers above come from a site that list all the Athletic Budgets of MAC schools, of which BG is one.
                                Without knowing where the numbers came from, I have to assume the $250k+ numbers are the sum of total compensation (salary, bonuses, benefits, etc.).

For Fiscal Year 2018 (6/18-5/19) Bergeron's salary was $185,000. He's due regular raises until FY 2023 where he'll be due $220,000. There's still some attainable and TBD bonuses he can achieve this season, but thus far his compensation and bonuses this season equals $243,500.

There is a buy-out section for both parties in his contract. If Bergeron terminates the contract BGSU would be due $150,000 immediately. The buyout used to be $250,000 but was lowered on 7/1/18 per his contract. There's no stipulation that requires any other payment. You can read his whole contract on our site (http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2015/07/wc...5-2016-season/).
                                Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X