X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I would take him in a heart beat.
    He has a contract extension in Detroit.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Goodbye Enrico!

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Detroit is sitting where the Islanders, Toronto and Winnipeg were a few years ago. They’ve been tearing it down and beginning a rebuild. They now have some high quality prospects in the system and will have a high pick in this draft and hopefully next.
      I'll believe it when I see Ken Holland with other employment.
      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

IIRC. He throws the players under the bus all the time - it's never the coaching decisions.

That same season he lost against a winless Bowling Green team in which they trailed by one, but had a first and goal on the 1-yd line with two minutes to play. Martin subsequently called for a direct snap to an offensive lineman in the backfield, which was fumbled and returned 99-yds for the winning score....
        well this is OBVIOUSLY poor execution
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Looks like Bergeron has already been offered. If he has an offer on the table by Wednesday morning, it doesn't appear to have been much of a national search or perhaps one where everyone else on the AD's list said, "no thanks."

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ling-Miami.php

Comment

If he turns it down I wonder if Dave Hakstol emerges as a candidate

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
              Looks like Bergeron has already been offered. If he has an offer on the table by Wednesday morning, it doesn't appear to have been much of a national search or perhaps one where everyone else on the AD's list said, "no thanks."

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ling-Miami.php
              If you know who you want, start at the top of that list, make your offer and don't drag it on for that guy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                If you know who you want, start at the top of that list, make your offer and don't drag it on for that guy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                I just read somewhere that Miami University is cutting a number of academic programs as a cost-saving measure. With the students already footing a large amount of the athletic department budget through fees, large at least in respect to peer institutions in the MAC, I do wonder how the rumored $400k/year salary that Bergeron’s supposedly been offered will go over with the student body and faculty. Of course, “rumored” should be emphasized, but it would be bad timing.

And, for the record, this BG fan wants what Bergeron thinks is best for him and his family, and only wish him the best. He’s brought the Falcon program back to national relevance; he’s earned this opportunity. So this isn’t meant to be anti-Miami or anything. BG’s a pretty good job again, thanks to Berge. We just might need to find the right coach to take the program to the next level, and, of course, lead the program’s transition to the NCHC in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  I remember the first home game hosting Miami the season following their blowing the National Championship game that during warm ups several Ohio State students behind the Miami net were wearing Boston University jerseys and rubbing their chests against the glass in front of their players.
                  Enrico was NOT amused! LOL!
                  I find this quite odd. Didn’t OSU also get beat by BU in the tournament that year or am I confusing my years?
                  #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                    I find this quite odd. Didn’t OSU also get beat by BU in the tournament that year or am I confusing my years?
                    You are correct but why would you find it odd? Ohio State's loss to BU didn't sting anywhere near as much as Miami's and the circumstance of Miami's loss was humiliating.
                    We moved on, Miami's wound wasn't healed and simply had some creative kids rub a little salt in it. That's what you do when a rivalry starts heating up.
                    Like I said before, it wasn't crass, vulgar or obscene. Just like when Piotrowski was still officiating and a student at the glass had a white tee shirt with P-I-O-T-R-O-W-S-K-I laid out on his shirt to look just like an eye chart and Piotrowski SAW it and I'm sure we paid for it with a few questionable calls! LOL!
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 04-03-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      You are correct but why would you find it odd? Ohio State's loss to BU didn't sting anywhere near as much as Miami's and the circumstance of Miami's loss was humiliating.
                      We moved on, Miami's wound wasn't healed and simply had some creative kids rub a little salt in it. That's what you do when a rivalry starts heating up.
                      Like I said before, it wasn't crass, vulgar or obscene. Just like when Piotrowski was still officiating and a student at the glass had a white tee shirt with P-I-O-T-R-O-W-S-K-I laid out on his shirt to look just like an eye chart and Piotrowski SAW it and I'm sure we paid for it with a few questionable calls! LOL!
                      I think I saw that Piotrowski eye chart shirt. IIRC, it also said, "if you can read this, your name's not Piotrowski"
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        You can bet Miami has long had a wish list of candidates thinking ahead that Enrico may not have been able to pull out of the nose dive this season!
                        I
                        He was so close a couple of times but BC and BU did a number on him in Worcester and in DC.

It looked almost like a sure thing with Miami up 2 goals with time running out and bam 2 quick goals and the OT goal by BU.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I see Ohio State is tied with the Cleveland Browns for wins at the Frozen Four.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            I see Ohio State is tied with the Cleveland Browns for wins at the Frozen Four.
                            Smack from the school that has the gigantic total of one win in the Frozen Four then proceeded to gargle its own balls in the next game yet didn't let that epic choke job prevent it from declaring itself "college hockey's newest dynasty."

Don't look now but it appears as though the national search for your "top 10 job" resulted in a bunch of unreturned calls and a quick offer to the alum up the street at BG who's now giving out signals that he might be staying where he is. You'd better pray that Bergeron says yes; otherwise your AD is about to be coming out of that bathroom holding nothing but his ****.

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/bgsu/2019/04/04/bgsu-offers-extension-to-hockey-coach-chris-bergeron/stories/20190404025

Comment

I think what the non-jilted/obsessed/frothing at the mouth fan would gather from that article is that Bergeron has always been Miami's first choice (they've now offered their first-choice) and BGSU has always wanted to keep their coach. We will, most likely, learn where Bergeron will be coaching next season by tomorrow.

There is certainly nothing in that article to indicate that Miami has been turned down or ignored by any other candidate or that Miami has failed during its search in anyway. Clearly, nothing has changed since the first few posts of this thread speculated that Miami would zero in on Bergeron quickly. He will make the best choice for himself and if he decides to stay than Miami will move on to other candidates and a broader search...

It also doesn't take too long to realize that davyd83 is not even a Miami fan. Just a neutral fan offering a (quite interesting!) perception. I guess when Miami owns so much rent-free space in an individual's head you can excuse them for seeing big red M's everywhere...
                              Last edited by Dan; 04-04-2019, 04:59 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                                Agree. Given the turnaround he's performed at BGSU, he has to be at the top of the list.
                                So Miami might just be about to land a 'top of the list' candidate, yet they'd be desperately settling for said top of the list candidate...

LOL
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X