2019 USCHO Pairwise Predictor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Providence shouldn't be rewarded playing at home for backing into the tournament.
    I agree with that but their matchup fits bracket integrity. Ideally I would like them to figure this out without Providence being in Providence but I just don't see it happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I agree with that but their matchup fits bracket integrity. Ideally I would like them to figure this out without Providence being in Providence but I just don't see it happening.
      Swap the proposed Manchester and Providence brackets. For teams like Kato and ASU, it’s still a plane ride, and for PC, UMass, etc., it’s still a fairly short bus ride.

Comment

• Re: 2019 USCHO Pairwise Predictor

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        Swap the proposed Manchester and Providence brackets. For teams like Kato and ASU, it’s still a plane ride, and for PC, UMass, etc., it’s still a fairly short bus ride.
        Yes. Hopefully the committee does this.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I assume the only fans that think keeping Providence there makes any sense from a hockey perspective are PU fans.

And for the NCAA it's just a little extra cash when their stupidity leaves so much on the table every year.

Comment

PU

Oh boy...

Comment

Lmao oops

Comment

Get ready for Friar nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  I assume the only fans that think keeping Providence there makes any sense from a hockey perspective are PU fans.

And for the NCAA it's just a little extra cash when their stupidity leaves so much on the table every year.
                  Why would Princeton fans care?

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                    Providence shouldn't be rewarded playing at home for backing into the tournament.
                    But Quinnipiac should be rewarded for gagging in the ECAC quarters while the team that won the Hockey East championship gets sent "west" instead. Makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      PU

Oh boy...
                      What, is calling it PU not PC?
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        It might be stinky lately, but I wouldn't count them out of any game. Tough D, with a capital D.

Comment

Certainly looks like the pairings are set in stone because they are perfectly matched but the locations may still be up in the air. From what I have seen in the past usually only the 3rd and 4th groups are interchangeable within the group if they do play with the pairings. They believe 9 through 12 are equal and 13 through 16 are too but like to keep 1 with 16 as much as possible. So for attendance they sometimes like to move within the last 2 groups only.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Exactly. Providence College.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

A few years ago Mankato went to Providence to play during the regular season. I don't think they felt like they got a fair shake going there. To put it very kindly.
                              Last edited by manurespreader; 03-24-2019, 03:45 PM.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                A few years ago Mankato went to Providence to play during the regular season. I don' tthink they felt like they got a fair shake going there. To put it very kindly.
                                Well this time around there wouldn't be Hockey East refs

Comment

Working...
                                X