Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

They'd be a permanent minority party if they weren't competing against actual fascists. With said fascists involved, it's a toss up.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      They'd be a permanent minority party if they weren't competing against actual fascists. With said fascists involved, it's a toss up.
      If republicans weren't so skilled at gerrymandering and voter suppression the 2018 election would not have been just a solid win for the democrats, it would have been a historical wipe out of republicans.

At both the state and federal level republicans are benefiting from gerrymandering far more than democrats. Statistical analysis of the 2016 elections noted a 1 in 16000 chance the results in Michigan happened by chance. In Wisconsin it was 1 in 60,000. When districts were drawn more fairly in Pennsylvania the state suddenly went from having 13 republican members of the U.S. House to just 8, more closely mirroring the split between the total votes cast in recent elections. Ohio and North Carolina have 20 republican House members and just 7 democrats, despite the votes being split almost evenly between the two parties.

In state houses its just as bad. 4 times as many states found republicans benefited from gerrymandering than democrats in 2016. In 2018 a number of states, including Michigan and Ohio passed ballot measures to change how district lines are drawn, and other states may follow suit.

Other investigations have shown voter suppression tactics in Wisconsin may have prevented 200,000 black voters from casting a ballot in 2016.

republican can't win fairly. Of course it's just scientific analysis and empirical data that shows that, so, you know, it's fake news.

Comment

That is true about gerrymandering, which is why the sane states are overwhelmingly passing the ballot initiatives to setup independent redistricting commissions.

Comment

Lets also not forget Florida, which went to Trump by 113k, and should be getting four million new eligible voters who are likely to lean blue, are now trying to add restrictions such as all court costs and fines must be paid off, despite that not being in the original amendment.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...endment-4.html
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Lets also not forget Florida, which went to Trump by 113k, and should be getting four million new eligible voters who are likely to lean blue, are now trying to add restrictions such as all court costs and fines must be paid off, despite that not being in the original amendment.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...endment-4.html
            It’s a poll tax.
            Anything to keep people from voting. Such a pathetic party

Comment

https://www.mobilize.us/kirstengilli...ce=social_0323

FFS. :facepalm:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                That's her strategy. Has been for a while. Someone has to do it. She probably wasn't going to be the nominee anyway.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Michigan and other waffle states voted overwhelmingly for D’s in 2018, which points to a future for our nation in 2020 and beyond. The one thing that could re-elect Trump and possibly end the American Experiment permanently is nominating someone as blindingly stupid and meanspirited as Trump himself is (Gillibrand) or someone who is bat**** insane (AOC etc). Don’t screw this up. There are human candidates available.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Mayor Pete is growing on me.

I saw a tweet somewhere that said we need more democrats running for Senate and not for President. I agree. How many Senate seats are up in 2020? Any shot at flipping any of them?

Comment

Woohoo. The woman who thinks illegal immigrants should get social security. That will bring in the votes
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        Michigan and other waffle states voted overwhelmingly for D’s in 2018, which points to a future for our nation in 2020 and beyond. The one thing that could re-elect Trump and possibly end the American Experiment permanently is nominating someone as blindingly stupid and meanspirited as Trump himself is (Gillibrand) or someone who is bat**** insane (AOC etc). Don’t screw this up. There are human candidates available.
                        Nothing insane about AOC. Nothing. The American Experiment has been systematically destroyed since the election of 1980. 40 years of destruction. It's not likely to ever come back to what it was or could have been.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316
                          What the **** is wrong with you?
                          He can't think beyond the tip of his own p-nis.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Please do not quote pokechecker ever again. As bad as some of us sometimes get, he is by far the worst of the handful of posters I have on ignore. He is clearly a racist, homophobic waste of an excuse for a human. Frankly, the mods should ban him for the post one of you quoted, but I guess that's just my opinion. I sincerely feel sorry for anyone in his/her life that cares about him/her. Unless of course they were the pieces of stool who taught him/her to hate the way he/she does.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              Please do not quote pokechecker ever again. As bad as some of us sometimes get, he is by far the worst of the handful of posters I have on ignore. He is clearly a racist, homophobic waste of an excuse for a human. Frankly, the mods should ban him for the post one of you quoted, but I guess that's just my opinion. I sincerely feel sorry for anyone in his/her life that cares about him/her. Unless of course they were the pieces of stool who taught him/her to hate the way he/she does.
                              a hole lotta hate in that post

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                                a hole lotta hate in that post
                                And?

Comment

Working...
                                X