Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    No, I said if you want to play with yourself to perceived bad news that's between you, the people who live in your house, and your neighbors if you keep the shades up. However, if you could keep that off of the message board we'd all appreciate it!
    Much like playing with yourself by denigrating the real left, I'd add.

Physician, heal thyself.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not necessarily true. I invite you to read through this wonky but excellent piece that I posted before about the House bill to basically give everybody single payer except for those on employer sponsored insurance, while giving those people the opportunity to switch if they'd like.

A reasoned, well thought out bill that's paid for. After voting rights, this is the next one I'd like to see passed.

https://acasignups.net/19/02/05/upda...dicare-america
      I'd back if it the inevitable cold equations squashed the insurers in a generation. Those folks are useless blood suckers second only to the finance industry.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Much like playing with yourself by denigrating the real left, I'd add.

Physician, heal thyself.
        If Scooby is the "real left" you people have some biiiiig fuking problems Kep!
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

If Scooby is the "real left" you people have some biiiiig fuking problems Kep!
          Whoosh.
          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Whoosh.
            Give him a break, words are hard.

Comment

I'd back if it the inevitable cold equations squashed the insurers in a generation. Those folks are useless blood suckers second only to the finance industry.
              Pretty sure that’s not what that bill is trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                I doubt he bothered to read it. Real solutions are boring. Lighting yourself on fire on the town square is so in nowadays.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  That's the joke.
                  Cornell University

Comment

I doubt he bothered to read it. Real solutions are boring. Lighting yourself on fire on the town square is so in nowadays.
                    You looked better in the original French.

Cornell University

Comment

That's the joke.
                      HomerSimpsongoingbackwardsintohedges.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        You looked better in the original French.
                        Is the chick playing Marie French? Because those subs are definitely Español, Señor.

Comment

Not necessarily true. I invite you to read through this wonky but excellent piece that I posted before about the House bill to basically give everybody single payer except for those on employer sponsored insurance, while giving those people the opportunity to switch if they'd like.

A reasoned, well thought out bill that's paid for. After voting rights, this is the next one I'd like to see passed.

https://acasignups.net/19/02/05/upda...dicare-america
                          you want support, cover everyone the same. this gives free to too many people and then suffers the "what about me" stuff.

lose the premiums and pay out of general funds coming from those higher tax brackets. have a nominal $20 co-pay for visits. batter druggies to have reasonable rates (or tax their profits/remove R&D/figure it out) with co-pays there that have a few simple cost structures (10/30/50).

stop saying 'mandatory'. it just IS. you are born with health coverage.

add laws that companies can't pull back the contribution made to employees now. that goes to the workers (healthy raises, which may or may not be taxed and help fund coverage).

that 600% FPL monthly premium for a family of 4 is $1,216 -- which is much more than the 'gold level' contribution mookie makes. which means tons of waste already priced in (medicare is supposed to be 3-4% admin vs 20% private healthcare).

needs to go back to the drawing board.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Heard reported this morning that the Republicans still have no replacement plan. All hands on deck with the Courts and the attempted destruction of Obamacare, but not a single idea on how to replace Obamacare. I suppose this is the same strategy they have with tax cuts and military spending. None of which is small 'c' conservative.

They really want to destroy the country I guess.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              you want support, cover everyone the same. this gives free to too many people and then suffers the "what about me" stuff.

lose the premiums and pay out of general funds coming from those higher tax brackets. have a nominal $20 co-pay for visits. batter druggies to have reasonable rates (or tax their profits/remove R&D/figure it out) with co-pays there that have a few simple cost structures (10/30/50).

stop saying 'mandatory'. it just IS. you are born with health coverage.

add laws that companies can't pull back the contribution made to employees now. that goes to the workers (healthy raises, which may or may not be taxed and help fund coverage).

that 600% FPL monthly premium for a family of 4 is $1,216 -- which is much more than the 'gold level' contribution mookie makes. which means tons of waste already priced in (medicare is supposed to be 3-4% admin vs 20% private healthcare).

needs to go back to the drawing board.
                              I get what you're saying with the detailed analysis of yours. I would point out two things to further the discussion.

1) I agree that an ideal state would be everyone on Medicare or whatever you'd like to call it. The problem is getting there. If you suddenly tell 150M people that their health insurance that they know is gone now start going on the govt plan I feel they'll revolt and not for logical reasons. People don't like to be dictated to. The alternative to Dems if they sit out subsequent elections is Nazi's, not George HW Bush country club patrician types. We just need to finesse the change over, as annoying at that may be.

2) While it sounds good, I just don't see it as being feasible to pass a law telling companies to give their health care contributions to employees. They will immediately file suit and run to the SCOTUS, where a 5-4 Corporate conservative majority agrees with the rights of shareholders over the rights of workers. I do see it passing legal muster to have those companies send their contributions to the Medicare trust fund for any employees that ditch work insurance for Medicare. Companies will take that deal any day of the week. Even if they're net zero per employee, they no longer have to administer the plan nor deal with employee complaints if they get out of the health coverage business.

Comment

I get what you're saying with the detailed analysis of yours. I would point out two things to further the discussion.

1) I agree that an ideal state would be everyone on Medicare or whatever you'd like to call it. The problem is getting there. If you suddenly tell 150M people that their health insurance that they know is gone now start going on the govt plan I feel they'll revolt and not for logical reasons. People don't like to be dictated to. The alternative to Dems if they sit out subsequent elections is Nazi's, not George HW Bush country club patrician types. We just need to finesse the change over, as annoying at that may be.

2) While it sounds good, I just don't see it as being feasible to pass a law telling companies to give their health care contributions to employees. They will immediately file suit and run to the SCOTUS, where a 5-4 Corporate conservative majority agrees with the rights of shareholders over the rights of workers. I do see it passing legal muster to have those companies send their contributions to the Medicare trust fund for any employees that ditch work insurance for Medicare. Companies will take that deal any day of the week. Even if they're net zero per employee, they no longer have to administer the plan nor deal with employee complaints if they get out of the health coverage business.
                                We won't get nothing passed without Republican help and they have no interest in doing anything. They would not vote for Obamacare, not a single one. They ran against it for 8 years. And now they still have no replacement. Even Paul Krugman cannot figure out what exactly Republicans are trying to do no Health Care.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/26/o...rpeNtq4rs3tLZM

So you might have expected (after 2018 midterms) Republicans to cut their losses. Maybe Trump could have done what he did with NAFTA: keep Obamacare basically intact, but make a few minor changes, give it a new name – the Yuge Maga Care Awesomeness, or something – and claim that it was totally different and better.

But no.

Most Republican-controlled states are still refusing to expand Medicaid, even though Washington would bear the vast majority of the costs. Utah held a direct referendum on Medicaid expansion, which passed easily – so the will of the voters was clear, even in a very conservative state. Yet GOP legislators are blocking the expansion anyway.

Whatever the reason, however, the fact is that whatever they may claim, today’s Republicans hate the idea of poor and working-class Americans getting the health care they need.
                                So, Democrats will have to take total control to do anything on Health Care and if they do that will it blow up in their face like Obamacare did? Or will the Republicans finally come around? Or will the American people finally come around?

Those as I see it are the only 3 options. And the first is the most likely.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X