Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    You've made more embarrassing posts in the last week! But hey, who's counting.
    Um, dude. I'm sure you don't realize it but you've been on a roll, even for you. You're the Chris Davis of the Cafe right now. 'Least the pay's good.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      None of this would even be discussed at all if the United States was still a middle class driven nation. But, now, this country is all about the 1%. And when that happens the 99% will try anything to get something resembling the American Dream.
      There's a lot of truth to this, too.

While I don't think it precludes the logic of reparations, it certainly has contributed to the helpless desperation of the times. Thanks again, Reagan / Dubya / Dump voters. Your legacy will outlast you and torture your children, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Um, dude. I'm sure you don't realize it but you've been on a roll, even for you. You're the Chris Davis of the Cafe right now. 'Least the pay's good.
        Please, if you were pitching Chris Davis would be putting up Ruthian numbers right now. You (and trix) just walk right into haymakers time and time and time again. But hey, you get to fall back on that "first they laugh at you" schtick..
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The only people walking into haymakers the last few pages are the morons who clearly didn't read the proposal and got called out on their ridiculous straw-manning that would make Ben Shapiro blush.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            The only people walking into haymakers the last few pages are the morons who clearly didn't read the proposal and got called out on their ridiculous straw-manning that would make Ben Shapiro blush.
            Even though we cited the House bill that was posted on this very subject? Huh.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Yeah like 3 pages after you showed your hand lmao.

Comment

Yeah like 3 pages after you showed your hand lmao.
                He's a useful idiot. Deploy him when we need him for the purples, then back to the gimp room.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  He's a useful idiot. Deploy him when we need him for the purples, then back to the gimp room.
                  Remind me again of all the progressives on the Kep approved list who've won Presidential elections!

Comment

I think they do, what he proposed isn't exactly radical despite what a few blowhards on here said about their strawman version of reparations.
                    So you don’t know what they mean. It’s ok to just say that.

Kepler and trix, a five-act play:

K+T: Reparations bill
                    K+T: They probably didn’t even read it
                    K+T: They definitely didn’t read it
                    K+T: Racists!
                    K+T: Argument won *smug high fives*

If you two extremists want to be taken seriously, maybe make serious proposals that actually will have the intended effect. I like you both but this is hilarious.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Right, except Booker literally did that. A savings program for low income children (of any race) is a moderate proposal. And your post would only be valid if people actually did read the proposal (one literally admitted he didn’t and the others it was obvious based on what they posted) and what Booker proposed was extreme.
                      Last edited by trixR4kids; 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Please point out where "scalded infant screeching" and "a caterwauling fit of fist-clenched, crying, close-eyed butthurt" occurred while discussing the idea of reparations?

No one here went full Old Pio/Foxton over the last few pages. I think you're projecting.
                        To steal a line from him saying stuff like that is his way of "clutching at pearls". Just like for some ungodly reason he thinks people like Bob Gray and joe are well thought out and reasoned posters he thinks anyone Left of him and Dr. Mrs. (that isnt religious I guess) is some sort of Centrist, Uneducated Windbag that cares about no one and is too stupid to get why he and his Coastal Friends matter more than us Flyover Country, InBreed Inlanders.

So my GF is probably closer to Kep in terms of how far Left she goes than she is me and when I brought up how Booker mentioned the idea she laughed out loud said, and I full on quote, "Reparations are the DUMBEST IDEA AND SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!". I wont lie I was shocked because she is someone who will die on a hill for issues dealing with the subjugation of the Black Community. I asked her why she thought that way and she said "You spend that money fixing the systemic racism, building up the communities and funding ways to improve their lives. You dont just hand them money because that wont solve any of the problems and will only cause other issues."

You ever hear those stories of lottery winners that go broke? (or the many athletes that do) That will happen here on a massive scale. And before Kep or trix tells me I am racist for saying that (because anyone who argues with the Crazy Left are some form of "ist" ) it isnt a Black thing, it is a Poverty thing. Anyone who has ever been poor (and I mean really poor, not "bank account at zero" but debt out the ying yang living in Section 8 Housing on food stamps poor) can tell you when you all of a sudden are handed some money it becomes very difficult not to just spend it. Buy a real nice meal, go shopping for clothes, get a car (if we are talking large sums of cash) and so on and so on. I saw it first hand when I was living that way as a kid. People wont be starting IRAs and buying up mutual funds with the Reparations money in part because they havent had the financial education to even know about that type of stuff.

(sorry if any of this was covered already I am just catching up on this thread)
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          So my GF is probably closer to Kep in terms of how far Left she goes than she is me and when I brought up how Booker mentioned the idea...
                          Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) is introducing a bill aimed at closing that gap. His idea is to give lower-income kids a sizable nest egg (nearly $50,000 in some cases) that they could use for wealth-building purchases, like a down payment on a house or college tuition.
                          Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          People wont be starting IRAs and buying up mutual funds with the Reparations money in part because they havent had the financial education to even know about that type of stuff.
                          This is just embarrassing at this point lol.

Comment

Wait a minute...wait a minute...wait a minute! Kep/trix (are they the same person) told me it was I who was getting owned on this thread....yet everybody else is disagreeing with them? I'm so confused.

Umm, trix you just made Handy's point for him. People aren't going to use the 50K for a house down payment if they're having trouble putting food on the table.
                            Last edited by Rover; 04-10-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

It's an issue corporate media, especially the right wing outlets, have poisoned the well on so much that it's almost impossible to have a serious discussion on (with the [mostly white] people who get their information from those outlets). People just go straight to their heuristics and Chappelle Show references the moment the word is even brought up. It also makes for the perfect gotcha question for CNN's purposes too because they know wishy washy liberal politicians who have zero specific policies can't just immediately **** on it and at best will hem and haw their way through an answer.There were a few who went full derp and refused to even look at the specifics of what was an incredibly moderate income based proposal.
                              It doesnt matter how moderate it is...it is a non-starter which is why he brought it up. His campaign is not going well, he needs controversy. Right now people are talking about him and it isnt about how Big Pharma owns him. This is all a political move...

And your whole bit is throwing out Brenie Bros level derp so I find it kind of disingenuous that you say that about those of us that argues with you about it. It isnt derp to dislike an idea that is on its face pretty dumb but will also guarantee the Dems lose if it is even mentioned near the candidate.

When I was 19 in college I loved the idea of Reparations...you know who didnt...lots of learned Black People who were against it cause it does nothing to fix any of the real problems.

L
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Right, except Booker literally did that. A savings program for low income children (of any race) is a moderate proposal. And your post would only be valid if people actually did read the proposal (one literally admitted he didn’t and the others it was obvious based on what they posted) and what Booker proposed was extreme.
                                You have literally zero knowledge about whether people read it or not save for the on of us who said he didn’t. You just assumed and then immediately said that negates any points we were trying to make without actually addressing them. Which I guess is what you’re accusing us of doing. And maybe we were.

Regardless, it’s a nonstarter for the vast majority of the Democratic Party so we can have a discussion but it probably won’t lead anywhere. And again, this won’t fix the actual problem: systemic racism that continues to hold minorities back. And not just blacks.

And worst of all, it completely ignores what we’ve done to all other minorities unless you’re black. Dumb. And irresponsible.

It’s impossible to repay everyone for long past wrongs. And again, irresponsible.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X