Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Sure, let's have another election focused around healthcare. That will certainly work out well for Trump and his toadies.
    Could happen. Could be good for Dems
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/3273842002/

Since the Republicans threw out the mandate with legislation that throws out Roberts reasoning for his decision that kept Obamacare in place by a 5-4 Supreme Court vote. If Roberts reasoning is no longer valid the law may in fact be Unconstitutional with this Court makeup so Obamacare may be on life support.

Lotta coverage. MSNBC doing a huge story on it right now.
      The rationale being used is logically ridiculous. The mandate was upheld as a tax. The tax can be set to $0. That doesn't somehow make the entire law unconstitutional.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Sure, let's have another election focused around healthcare. That will certainly work out well for Trump and his toadies.
        This is exactly the playbook they need.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Scooby I asked you a direct question and you post somebody else's off topic opinion piece? L-A-Z-Y!

So, I'm going to make this easy for you. Its a yes or no question. Is the ACA expansion of Medicaid still the law of the land, nor no? You can either answer or I can go back to making fun of you for my own amusement. Either way works for me.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Scooby I asked you a direct question and you post somebody else's off topic opinion piece? L-A-Z-Y!

So, I'm going to make this easy for you. Its a yes or no question. Is the ACA expansion of Medicaid still the law of the land, nor no? You can either answer or I can go back to making fun of you for my own amusement. Either way works for me.
            The ACA expansion of Medicaid is only part of Obamacare. Is that difficult to understand? And yes, it's still there in the states that took the money. That's not the point. With the tax going to zero the money that was being put into the system to pay for Obamacare is not there. The mandate is not there. That, if you remember, was one of the pillars of the law. Right now I pay through the nose for my health care while others are getting off scott free.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              The rationale being used is logically ridiculous. The mandate was upheld as a tax. The tax can be set to $0. That doesn't somehow make the entire law unconstitutional.
              The problem is that if Roberts wanted to get rid of the law he's had 2 chances to do so already. But, logically yes you can suspend a tax for a time. It doesn't mean all taxes are unconstitutional.

But, I like the politics here. The Chump administration, fresh off of getting creamed in the 2018 on healthcare, is now on record as wanted to take away everyone's healthcare. Sounds like a winner to me!

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                The ACA expansion of Medicaid is only part of Obamacare. Is that difficult to understand? And yes, it's still there in the states that took the money.
                Great! Lets continue. Do the exchanges still exist, and people are still getting subsidies?

Can kids still stay on parents insurance up to age 26?

Are there still lifetime out of pocket maximums in place for people who have insurance?

Comment

The problem is that if Roberts wanted to get rid of the law he's had 2 chances to do so already. But, logically yes you can suspend a tax for a time. It doesn't mean all taxes are unconstitutional.

But, I like the politics here. The Chump administration, fresh off of getting creamed in the 2018 on healthcare, is now on record as wanted to take away everyone's healthcare. Sounds like a winner to me!
                  The problem is they'll win now and then when Health Care isn't fixed in 2024 they'll get swept out again. Obamacare was a decent first step but the Democrats got destroyed for passing it. They go further next time and rates, etc, don't go down they will get destroyed in 2024.

Comment

Great! Lets continue. Do the exchanges still exist, and people are still getting subsidies?

Can kids still stay on parents insurance up to age 26?

Are there still lifetime out of pocket maximums in place for people who have insurance?
                    The mandate is gone. The tax is gone. And the comprehensive coverage is gone. 3 of the most important parts of the law.. You can keep bragging about what's left but it's not Obamacare anymore.

Comment

The mandate is gone. The tax is gone. And the comprehensive coverage is gone. 3 of the most important parts of the law.. You can keep bragging about what's left but it's not Obamacare anymore.
                      I'm thinking maybe you just want to complain? But, let me help you out here. Mandate isn't "gone". It's still the law. Goopers have lowered the tax penalty to zero. Dem Congress can easily raise it up again and frankly the tax penalties were pretty small for most people.

Comprehensive coverage is not "gone". Chump is trying to approve waivers but that's been done with his usual half arsed efficiency and again that goes away with him. The law itself has not been changed.

Anything else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post

MITch is probably devising a plan to prevent anyone with a pre existing condition from voting.

Comment

I'm thinking maybe you just want to complain? But, let me help you out here. Mandate isn't "gone". It's still the law. Goopers have lowered the tax penalty to zero. Dem Congress can easily raise it up again and frankly the tax penalties were pretty small for most people.

Comprehensive coverage is not "gone". Chump is trying to approve waivers but that's been done with his usual half arsed efficiency and again that goes away with him. The law itself has not been changed.

Anything else?
                          It doesn't go away without him if the Republicans control the Senate. And we have no idea what the Supreme Court will do next time. Meanwhile, my health care sucks.

Comment

It doesn't go away without him if the Republicans control the Senate. And we have no idea what the Supreme Court will do next time. Meanwhile, my health care sucks.
                            Good! Lets have this issue be front and center for the upcoming campaign. Why on God's green earth would you be upset with that being the focus??? Let Collins, Gardner, McSally, Ernst, Tillis and the rest of the merry band of knuckledraggers explain their support for allowing insurers to discriminate for pre-existing conditions for example. Should play out well whenever they have a town hall meeting or are waving to the surfs as they walk through the airport in Bangor.

Comment

Good! Lets have this issue be front and center for the upcoming campaign. Why on God's green earth would you be upset with that being the focus??? Let Collins, Gardner, McSally, Ernst, Tillis and the rest of the merry band of knuckledraggers explain their support for allowing insurers to discriminate for pre-existing conditions for example. Should play out well whenever they have a town hall meeting or are waving to the surfs as they walk through the airport in Bangor.
                              Cause I remember what happened last time the Dems got control and passed a Health Care bill. That's why.

Comment

Cause I remember what happened last time the Dems got control and passed a Health Care bill. That's why.
                                ....they permanently expanded healthcare coverage to 20M+ people and stopped americans with insurance from going bankrupt by capping out of pocket payments to 10K a year?

Paid for by higher taxes on the rich (a surcharge that's still in place BTW).

Comment

Working...
                                X