Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    And now they don’t, cause it was doomed to fail.
    The ACA doesn't exist anymore? Huh.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      The ACA doesn't exist anymore? Huh.
      Technically, no, it doesn't. It's been gutted.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Technically, no, it doesn't. It's been gutted.
        So all those people on expanded Medicaid don't actually have expanded Medicaid? Huh. Its not that I don't believe you Scooby, but perhaps you could post a link that verifies your data...
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          So all those people on expanded Medicaid don't actually have expanded Medicaid? Huh. Its not that I don't believe you Scooby, but perhaps you could post a link that verifies your data...
          https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-repealing-it/
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think that for now, regardless of your opinions on them, you have to set aside things like UBI and college tuition. Universal healthcare has to be the main message. It has, by far, the broadest appeal it has ever had among the electorate.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I think that for now, regardless of your opinions on them, you have to set aside things like UBI and college tuition. Universal healthcare has to be the main message. It has, by far, the broadest appeal it has ever had among the electorate.
              I wouldn't put UBI and college tuition above the fold in the platform and I wouldn't run on it except in front of very selective audiences. Free college tuition is not even in my top 10 items because it's primarily upper middle class relief and they don't need it as much as the truly Po. But I would put it in there.

My emphasis on UBI drives right to the destination rather than worrying about complex piecemeal point of service programs. Just cut to the chase and flat out abolish poverty by giving the poor money. Stop rationing opportunity by wealth -- that is immoral. My goal is a very large UBI and no other relief programs (social security, etc) at all. End. Poverty. Period.

But I realize that can't happen until enough people have detached deservingness and work in their heads, and there is still an enormous social superstructure that reinforces that every second of every day in order to maintain the dictatorship of the wealthy. That's a fight for another generation which I won't see realized unless there is reincarnation in which case look out Rover I'm coming for your 22nd century fortune.

In the meantime, we just keep bailing and adding band aids and fighting back the fascists.
              Last edited by Kepler; 03-25-2019, 02:46 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                I think Joe Biden should run. Likeability is key. And what's not to like?
                Lmao

Also why are we discussing UBI in this thread? The only person that’s seriously proposed it is Yang and it’s basically just a ****ty libertarian version in which they roll all other benefits into it and it basically just screws poor people.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Lmao

Also why are we discussing UBI in this thread? The only person that’s seriously proposed it is Yang and it’s basically just a ****ty libertarian version in which they roll all other benefits into it and it basically just screws poor people.
                  Doesn't matter if we discuss UBI or not. We're getting nothing.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-25-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    My goal is a very large UBI and no other relief programs (social security, etc) at all. End. Poverty. Period.
                    Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    So Kep, I guess you're just a sh*tty libertarian now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Guessing Kep’s proposal would be better than Yang’s or at least I hope so.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        If you can find a libertarian who supports UBI plus a 99% top marginal rate then, yeah, I guess.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Doesn't matter if we discuss UBI or not. We're getting nothing.
                          Why bother posting?
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Why bother posting?
                            This is 2008 all over again. What did we get then? Republican health care. It's a tourniquet election.
                            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-26-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

The Trump administration told a federal court late Monday that it would ask judges to toss out the entire Affordable Care Act, a decision that cast further uncertainty over the future of a federal law that has extended health insurance to millions of Americans.

Justice Department attorneys said in a letter filed with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in New Orleans that a lower court's ruling the health law is unconstitutional "should be affirmed" and that the "United States is not urging that any portion of the district court's judgement be reversed."

A coalition of Republican-led states brought a lawsuit, Texas v United States, arguing the entire health law should be tossed out.

In a ruling last December, U.S. District Court Judge Reed O’Connor in the Northern District of Texas agreed with the GOP-led states argument that the health law was unconstitutional. The judge ruled that the constitutional foundation for the law – the requirement that people buy insurance or pay a penalty – was no longer constitutional because Congress had repealed the penalty. O'Connor ruled that because that provision was so central to the health law, the whole thing had to be invalidated.
                              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/3273842002/

Since the Republicans threw out the mandate with legislation that throws out Roberts reasoning for his decision that kept Obamacare in place by a 5-4 Supreme Court vote. If Roberts reasoning is no longer valid the law may in fact be Unconstitutional with this Court makeup so Obamacare may be on life support.

Lotta coverage. MSNBC doing a huge story on it right now.
                              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-26-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Sure, let's have another election focused around healthcare. That will certainly work out well for Trump and his toadies.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X