Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Why? Cause I want more than Obamacare 2.0 after 40+ years of the **** I've been shoveled?

Both sides agree on it? No. Everyone cheers Medicare for all. Until their taxes go up. Then they'll revolt just like they always revolt. Without addressing the taxes issue you've accomplished nothing. Obamacare was a net loss for me and most Americans that's why the Republicans gained so much traction after it was passed.

If you all want to repeat 2010 feel free. Don't say you weren't warned.
    You'd rather repeat 2016? OK...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      You'd rather repeat 2016? OK...
      I've been told ever since that election that the only reason the Dems lost was Hillary Clinton. She's not running this time. Why are we so timid and afraid?

This is exactly why Real Time has become pure drudgery.
      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 04-19-2019, 03:12 PM.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Why? Cause I want more than Obamacare 2.0 after 40+ years of the **** I've been shoveled?

Both sides agree on it? No. Everyone cheers Medicare for all. Until their taxes go up. Then they'll revolt just like they always revolt. Without addressing the taxes issue you've accomplished nothing. Obamacare was a net loss for me and most Americans that's why the Republicans gained so much traction after it was passed.

If you all want to repeat 2010 feel free. Don't say you weren't warned.
        Hahaha...you cant even pretend we were wrong about you for like 3 hours before you jump off the cliff. Classic Scooby.

You dont even read what people post you find one half sentence and then spew your little talking points and pretend you made a point. And dont say you didnt because there is no way you actually read what I posted and still posted the reply you did because even Trump isnt that stupid.

trix literally said the same thing I did. Again we never agree on ANYTHING.

No one is saying taxes isnt something to fix we are saying the electorate tunes out when you get to talking tax policy. They dont care, they dont get it and they dont have the patience to learn. The more wonky you get on it the worse you do. They understand what they know affects them the most. Health Care is something that they have to deal with. They want health care. They want Medicare For All. (no one mentioned ObamaCare but you) Bernie proved it. The Midterms proved it is a winning issue. Run on the issue that wins and fix the rest when you win.

The only person telling people to shut up and go home is you...none of us said that and we certainly never did about Warren, Bernie or AOC. All sides of the debate are talking about what we need to do to win. Winning is the most important thing. You have nothing if you dont win. It doesnt matter if you are on the right side of every issue if you lose you get nothing. In this game there is no silver medal for second place. Win, then set things back the way they were.
        Last edited by Handyman; 04-19-2019, 03:31 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Hahaha...you cant even pretend we were wrong about you for like 3 hours before you jump off the cliff. Classic Scooby.

You dont even read what people post you find one half sentence and then spew your little talking points and pretend you made a point. And dont say you didnt because there is no way you actually read what I posted and still posted the reply you did because even Trump isnt that stupid.

trix literally said the same thing I did. Again we never agree on ANYTHING.

No one is saying taxes isnt something to fix we are saying the electorate tunes out when you get to talking tax policy. They dont care, they dont get it and they dont have the patience to learn. The more wonky you get on it the worse you do. They understand what they know affects them the most. Health Care is something that they have to deal with. They want health care. They want Medicare For All. (no one mentioned ObamaCare but you) Bernie proved it. The Midterms proved it is a winning issue. Run on the issue that wins and fix the rest when you win.

The only person telling people to shut up and go home is you...none of us said that and we certainly never did about Warren, Bernie or AOC. All sides of the debate are talking about what we need to do to win. Winning is the most important thing. You have nothing if you dont win. It doesnt matter if you are on the right side of every issue if you lose you get nothing. In this game there is no silver medal for second place. Win, then set things back the way they were.
          I read it.

I disagree with everything you just said.

Winning isn't everything. We won in 2008 and by 2010 it was over. And even though he won reelection in 2012 it didn't matter. Obamacare fix is what most of the candidates are running on. Context matters.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            So, we're going to run on Health Care and we're going to pay for it. That's the big plan. Boy, I'm so excited I can't wait to get out and vote.

Joe Biden is thrilled.

Elizabeth and Bernie? Stay home. AOC, shut up.
            Why do you think the blue wave happened? Healthcare was one of the central issues.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Why do you think the blue wave happened? Healthcare was one of the central issues.
              Scooby doesnt believe there was a Blue Wave.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Cause I care about what happens after it passes. That's why.

Comment

Well there’s nothing stopping you from voting for the guy who’s pushing M4A aggressively.
                  Cause I care about what happens after it passes. That's why.
                  This doesn’t answer anything I asked lmao.

Comment

Well there’s nothing stopping you from voting for the guy who’s pushing M4A aggressively.
                    I already indicated I would consider voting for him in the primary.

Comment

• Fair enough, I think we’re mostly on the same side but if you actually have an aggressive healthcare plan why wouldn’t you put that in the forefront? It even got faux news rubes excited.

Comment

Fair enough, I think we’re mostly on the same side but if you actually have an aggressive healthcare plan why wouldn’t you put that in the forefront? It even got faux news rubes excited.
                        It's in my top 4. Who said I wasn't forefronting it?

Comment

This doesn’t answer anything I asked lmao.
                          Of course it does. Why does everyone forget Obamacare's history in the US? I guess I care more about history and what's happened before and not making the same mistake than most people.

Comment

Good piece on Warren.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Good piece on Warren.
                              Warren is telling a story about the country she wants to live in—and the country we currently live in
                              Yep. And she's talking about the country I thought I was going to live in.

Comment

• Warren is for impeachment.

Comment

Working...
                                X