Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Mookie is for teaching. Sorta why he is good with making sure high school has everyone trained to earn a living... but pitting kids up in housing - especially the stuff schools are building now - and making it free is iffy.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Democrats have a big problem right now. It's their responsibility to impeach because that is what is warranted in this case. And, yet they cannot impeach because every swing vote in the country will get mad at them and reelect the Orange Baboon. And Mueller did them no favors. It is obvious he left it up to them the way he wrote the report.

Rock and a Hard Place.
      They will have a very tough time beating Trump either way. So go down on the right side of history and impeach. Note the position, take the votes and move on. When he does something worse (and it's coming) at least they will have tried.

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
        They will have a very tough time beating Trump either way. So go down on the right side of history and impeach. Note the position, take the votes and move on. When he does something worse (and it's coming) at least they will have tried.
        At the very least, hold hearings in the House so you can control the narrative. The GOP already got to muddy the waters with Barr's summary; they need to unmuddy them to get more publicity on what the report ACTUALLY contained. That would give some momentum before going into impeachment.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          At the very least, hold hearings in the House so you can control the narrative. The GOP already got to muddy the waters with Barr's summary; they need to unmuddy them to get more publicity on what the report ACTUALLY contained. That would give some momentum before going into impeachment.
          That would be nice but remember he's got the bully pulpit AND his lawyers have a response to the report all ready to go that they haven't released yet because everything has gone as well as they could have hoped so far.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            % of those libarts who are making coin due to their graduate degree???

very important missing piece. mookie would guess over 1/2 went to grad school (MBA?!?!) and then got hired because they had an ivy to hang on the wall in the office.
            I’m a lib arts who is a fairly high earner and I was that long before I entered grad school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              I’m a lib arts who is a fairly high earner and I was that long before I entered grad school.
              Then you are in the less than 50%

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                No, it's not my pessimism it's fact. Look at this thread over the last 16 hours. The college policy Warren has published is solid middle class tax/finance policy. Yet the one centrist that commented on it won't vote for it because of some libertarian slant. Also, it's more than obvious not a single Republican gets elected on policy. That's 50% of the country give or take.

Warren really has no shot at the nomination. She's pulling a Bernie from last time. She's trying to get her ideas on the Democratic Agenda.
                You rang? I mentioned I'm for very-low-interest loans.

The main point of my post, since you obviously missed it, is that many people just borrow the money without thinking ahead; whether it be their potential future career, how much they are taking out, how long it's going to take to pay back, etc. I think a big part of it is that they are not necessarily taught about those things. If I'm going to borrow thousands of dollars, I'm going to take a long look at all the factors.

As for debt forgiveness, well, they borrowed it, they can pay it back. I'd listen to a plan to lower the interest rates on those current loans, however.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah, they’re kids, kids do that. Especially when their parents tell them it’s the only sure fire way to avoid poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

The main point of my post, since you obviously missed it, is that many people just borrow the money without thinking ahead; whether it be their potential future career, how much they are taking out, how long it's going to take to pay back, etc. I think a big part of it is that they are not necessarily taught about those things. If I'm going to borrow thousands of dollars, I'm going to take a long look at all the factors.

As for debt forgiveness, well, they borrowed it, they can pay it back. I'd listen to a plan to lower the interest rates on those current loans, however.
                    Just for the record you're the last person I am referring to on any subject.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Yeah, they’re kids, kids do that. Especially when their parents tell them it’s the only sure fire way to avoid poverty.
                      The parents are wrong, however. I mentioned before, look into blue-collar stuff. Forget the stigma...there's money to be made, and it usually only takes 2 years at a trade school.

As for Eeyore, thinking about it, I'd even be open to forgiving all interest on current student loans, and charging, I dunno, say 1%-2% on any future student loans (I have no clue what the rates are now). Just pay back what you borrowed. Call it a life lesson.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

He may have been referring to me, but I think I'm pretty much in agreement with you on the subject.

As to free college, I guess my opinion is that if we are going to put more money towards education, I'd rather see that money go towards properly funding elementary, middle and high schools instead of towards free college tuition.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          He may have been referring to me, but I think I'm pretty much in agreement with you on the subject.

As to free college, I guess my opinion is that if we are going to put more money towards education, I'd rather see that money go towards properly funding elementary, middle and high schools instead of towards free college tuition.
                          I'd most likely be okay with that, depending on the structure, of course. In general, heck yes.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            never heard one parent use that

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              never heard one parent use that
                              That college is the only way to be rich?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                That college is the only way to be rich?
                                yup

Comment

Working...
                                X