Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Warren is for impeachment.
    So is any sane person, but it’s not realistic and it’s just going to energize the GOP

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

They can continue to investigate him without drawing up impeachment articles. It's that simple.

Comment

They can save impeachment for the second term if necessary. No Republican is gonna vote to impeach Trump and then end of this term isn’t all that far off.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          They can save impeachment for the second term if necessary. No Republican is gonna vote to impeach Trump and then end of this term isn’t all that far off.
          This. Right now, impeachment would take more time then waiting for the next election, and it would empower the Rs for said election.

IF Trump somehow gets a second term, the day after it's confirmed, impeachment proceedings will be starting up.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            No D voted to impeach Clinton either. The trial cost the GOP dearly, though.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The people that vote every two or four years and ignore the news otherwise hate impeachment. Gingrich boasted that he'd pick up 30 more House seats at the 1998 midterms while running on Clinton's morality and instead became the first party out of the White House to lose seats in a midterm in 64 years. He then pushed it through during the lame duck period and resigned.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

They could be serious contenders.

https://members.babylonbee.com/news/...ounce-2020-run
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Bring Bill'n'Opus back.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Cartoon Party is soliciting nominations. Do far we have

Brain and Pinky
                    Opus and Bill the Cat
                    Calvin and Hobbs

Any others you can think of?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      This. Right now, impeachment would take more time then waiting for the next election, and it would empower the Rs for said election.

IF Trump somehow gets a second term, the day after it's confirmed, impeachment proceedings will be starting up.
                      If trump is re-elected, why would Speaker McCarthy draw up articles of impeachment? That doesn’t make sense.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        If trump is re-elected, why would Speaker McCarthy draw up articles of impeachment? That doesn’t make sense.
                        Depends on the makeup of Congress. If both houses are D, but not 2/3 D, then we have a 2nd term Obama where nothing of substance gets done.

A 1st term, 1st session Obama Congress and all bets are off.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          The Cartoon Party is soliciting nominations. Do far we have

Brain and Pinky
                          Opus and Bill the Cat
                          Calvin and Hobbs

Any others you can think of?
                          Yosemite Sam vs Bugs Bunny

It's originally Sam's election to lose but Bugs gets in after Sam promises "two rabbits in every pot."
                          Last edited by Kepler; 04-20-2019, 10:44 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            It's in my top 4. Who said I wasn't forefronting it?
                            Fair enough, then you don’t see what we were even arguing about

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I assume we’d still have the house and it’s more just something they can keep in their back pocket.

For now Warren can just say it and posture as it’s the right position to have even if strategically it’s probably not the best move right now.

Comment

I assume we’d still have the house and it’s more just something they can keep in their back pocket.

For now Warren can just say it and posture as it’s the right position to have even if strategically it’s probably not the best move right now.
                                Trump does not get re-elected and lose the house. I just don’t see how that’s possible.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X