Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not democrat, but Gov. Weld has made his bid official.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers: Who ISN'T Running At This Point?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I can't figure out how Biden, who hasn't even officially announced that he's running, is polling as high as he is. In fact, I will probably never understand why the two fossils are polling way above everyone else. And before the Bernouts start, yes I know demsoc is a popular position now.
      Most people don't want to think about politics until they have to. Sanders and Biden have name recognition. I suspect other people will rise when the actual debates near and money is spent instead of fundraised.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I can't figure out how Biden, who hasn't even officially announced that he's running, is polling as high as he is. In fact, I will probably never understand why the two fossils are polling way above everyone else. And before the Bernouts start, yes I know demsoc is a popular position now.
        It’s 100% name recognition now. Remember the vast majority of people don’t pay attention until after the nomination. So at this point they haven’t even started to pay attention to the fact that they aren’t paying attention.

The candidates’ only goal right now is to get the average person to say “Yeah, I’ve heard of that person.” It doesn’t even matter how or, to some extent, if it’s good or bad news that got his or her name lodged into the person’s brain.

As they whittle down from 8,304 names to three or four, that’s when you start to differentiate between the real candidates.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I can't figure out what Kamala did to drop four points.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Most people don't want to think about politics until they have to. Sanders and Biden have name recognition. I suspect other people will rise when the actual debates near and money is spent instead of fundraised.
            That's kinda what I suspect and with Joe Biden not even announcing there just isn't much critical media focus on him.
            Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            It’s 100% name recognition now.
            Around this time of the Republican cycle Jeb was polling the highest.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              What a simple time we once lived in.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Hopefully Emerson will keep doing this poll methodically every month:

Code:
                  Candidate      3/18  4/14 Change
                  Sanders         .26   .29   +.03
                  Biden           .26   .24   -.02
                  Buttigieg       .03   .09   +.06
                  O'Rourke        .11   .08   -.03
                  Harris          .12   .08   -.04
                  Warren          .08   .07   -.01
                  Castro          .01   .03   +.02
                  Yang            .01   .03   +.02
                  Booker          .03   .02   -.01
                  Swalwell        ---   .01   +.01
                  Klobuchar       .01   .01    .00
                  Gravel          ---   .01   +.01
                  Gabbard         .01   .01    .00
                  Ryan            ---   .01   +.01
                  Delaney         ---   .01   +.01
                  Inslee          .01   .00   -.01
                  Messam          ---   .00    .00
                  Hickenlooper    .01   .00   -.01
                  Williamson      ---   .00    .00
                  Gillibrand      .00   .00    .00
                  Need a poll on 1st to drop out?

Going back a ways, I think JFK didn't officially declare to early 1960. However, there were a lot less primaries back then.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That’s kind of my point.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Going back a ways, I think JFK didn't officially declare to early 1960. However, there were a lot less primaries back then.
                      We could really benefit from the Australian system.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        We could really benefit from the Australian system.
                        iocaine??
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          iocaine??
                          I had to chuckle at that one. Well played.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            Not democrat, but Gov. Weld has made his bid official.
                            Not sure what thread this would belong in, but glad to see..

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-massachusetts-governor-challenges-trump-2020-republican-presidential-224340602.html;_ylt=AwrC0wzQNrVcJHoA6piZmolQ;_ylu= X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw Nzcg--

Obviously a long shot, but was an outstanding governor during his time in Massachusetts. He would make an excellent president.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              Not sure what thread this would belong in, but glad to see..

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-massachuse...QDBHNlYwNzcg--

Obviously a long shot, but was an outstanding governor during his time in Massachusetts. He would make an excellent president.
                              dunno.... all that booze may have finally caught up to him
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Bernie seemed to do pretty good on Faux at his town hall.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X