Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    I honestly think I'd rather play an undefeated team (IF we can beat Genny) than try to beat a team like Hobart for the fourth time this year.
    Same. Not sure why all the NU fans want to see Hobart again. Beating anybody 4 times in a year is difficult, let alone Hobart. Not that UWSP would be easier, but losing to an undefeated team from the West wouldn't be as painful as losing to your conference rival who you already beat 3 times.

    With that said, NU is definitely the underdog v Genny, so this is definitely putting the cart before the horse, as the saying goes.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    231

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    I thought Point being undefeated was going to work in SNCís favor last weekend. Probably wonít be the last time Iím wrong about something...
    I felt the same way and I was very, very wrong.
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
    If we can beat Genny, which I think we can, I'd rather see Hobart in the finals just to get 1 up on them after last year and to prove the NEHC competitiveness. Hobart plays a great game and is disciplined. It would be a great game.
    Norwich beat Hobart three times this year, including the NEHC finals. I consider last year "avenged".

    Three NEHC teams in the tourney this year proves the competitiveness.

    I don't want to see Hobart until next season.

  4. #24
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,727

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Norwich beat Hobart three times this year, including the NEHC finals. I consider last year "avenged".

    Three NEHC teams in the tourney this year proves the competitiveness.

    I don't want to see Hobart until next season.
    After all the cr@p that the NEHC seems to take, it just would seem cool to see two teams from the NEHC in the finals, especially playing out in the "great" flyover. That being said, first things first, but regardless of the outcome of the NU game, I'd love to at least one NEHC team in the finals.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BackoftheNet, NY
    Posts
    44

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Norwich beat Hobart three times this year, including the NEHC finals. I consider last year "avenged".

    Three NEHC teams in the tourney this year proves the competitiveness.

    I don't want to see Hobart until next season.
    Where is the NEHC love? Hobart would love to play the Cadets on Saturday

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Where is the NEHC love? Hobart would love to play the Cadets on Saturday
    Haha, I'm giving you love by saying I DON'T want to play you again!

    Both our squads have monumental challenges in front of them before we even think about playing each other again. Good luck...I think.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    674

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    After all the cr@p that the NEHC seems to take, it just would seem cool to see two teams from the NEHC in the finals, especially playing out in the "great" flyover. That being said, first things first, but regardless of the outcome of the NU game, I'd love to at least one NEHC team in the finals.
    Let's put it this way. If Norwich wins on Friday, then I don't want to see Hobart in the final on Saturday. If Norwich loses on Friday, then I would like to see Hobart in the final on Saturday.
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Let's put it this way. If Norwich wins on Friday, then I don't want to see Hobart in the final on Saturday. If Norwich loses on Friday, then I would like to see Hobart in the final on Saturday.
    Amen

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Plover
    Posts
    172

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Genny is faster, Point is stronger along the boards... I agree that it'll be fun to watch.
    Ask Norbert about Point's speed. I think you are selling them short. I have yet to see a team that can out skate them. Their defense is faster than most teams forwards. There isn't a single forward that can't fly.

    It is easy to seem like you are stronger against the boards when you are turning races that appear to be 50/50 races to 75/25 races in your favor.
    I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

    I was there for 27/92.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
    Ask Norbert about Point's speed. I think you are selling them short. I have yet to see a team that can out skate them. Their defense is faster than most teams forwards. There isn't a single forward that can't fly.

    It is easy to seem like you are stronger against the boards when you are turning races that appear to be 50/50 races to 75/25 races in your favor.
    They are fast. I heard the sequal to Icarus is going to feature them.

  11. #31
    Rocking 'The Stone'
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Retired in De Pere
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    They are fast. I heard the sequal to Icarus is going to feature them.
    Point by, at least, two goals...
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

  12. #32
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,168

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    I have no idea how Hobart was able to get by Manhattanville. I read somewhere from a reliable source that the Valiants average 6í7Ē 260lbs and 32 years old.

  13. #33
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    I have no idea how Hobart was able to get by Manhattanville. I read somewhere from a reliable source that the Valiants average 6’7” 260lbs and 32 years old.
    Geneseo felled Manhattanville. I heard they used a slingshot.
    #OneKnight

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,803
    Quote Originally Posted by pete99race View Post
    Point by, at least, two goals...
    Puck posession will be the key. Whichever team posesses the puck more (gets off more shots) should win.

    Maybe I ought to resurrect the Run and Gun Index?

  15. #35
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    Geneseo felled Manhattanville. I heard they used a slingshot.
    I figured a little more misinformation on this forum couldnít hurt... 😉

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by pete99race View Post
    Point by, at least, two goals...
    Since theres no roll call, are you going to Point this weekend?

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,803

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    End 1 Point 2 Hobart 1.

    Watching 2 other games in addition to this.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    1,421

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    I'm rooting for Hobart in this one, but they're heavy underdogs. Shots are much closer than I thought they'd be. 10-9 at this point

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,803

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    3-3!!?!?!?@

  20. #40
    Rocking 'The Stone'
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Retired in De Pere
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #2 Hobart v Wisconsin-Stevens Point

    Quote Originally Posted by snc1 View Post
    Since theres no roll call, are you going to Point this weekend?
    I got to the first semi game ...very entertaining....
    No tickets the rest of the games...
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •