Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Both teams were great down the stretch, so I'd consider that stat a wash.

We don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'm predicting a balls-out, end-to-end game between two highly-skilled teams.

And we'd be there if we could. The Ira is a great place to see a hockey game.
    The Ira??
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
      The Ira??
      Right, my mistake; I forgot about the new rules.

I have to wonder if this is the way forward, though. I doubt that anyone will attend that game, aside from a couple dozen friends/family folks.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-19-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I'm predicting Geneseo wins it 5-2
        http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
          I'm predicting Geneseo wins it 5-2
          It would be advisable to stay out of the box vs Genny they KILLED the Lakers on the PP all year,would advise a aggressive PK when genny goes man up and make sure Romano doesn't kill ya ..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            It would be advisable to stay out of the box vs Genny they KILLED the Lakers on the PP all year,would advise a aggressive PK when genny goes man up and make sure Romano doesn't kill ya ..
            Norwich is the least penalized team in the nation, which sounds like a stat of particular importance then.
            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
              Norwich is the least penalized team in the nation, which sounds like a stat of particular importance then.
              Yes that's a BIg plus for them...either way one of the teams I'm pulling for will make the finals..

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                But have they ever played a team as fast as Geneseo? Fast teams tend to force penalties as the opposition tries to slow them down.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  But have they ever played a team as fast as Geneseo? Fast teams tend to force penalties as the opposition tries to slow them down.
                  Has Geneseo played a team as fast as Norwich??

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                    Has Geneseo played a team as fast as Norwich??
                    Better have the fire department ready for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post
                      Better have the fire department ready for this one.
                      Should be a Close one
                      Steve Day(NU71)
                      Go Cadets

Comment

Based upon Geneseo's body of work this year, Norwich needs to score the first two goals to give them the best chance of winning...if Genny scores the first two goals, better warm up the bus...IMHO. FYI I am pulling for the team who's SID wears Hunter Green and Yellow Gold under the colors of his employer...to keep them closer to his heart.
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Based upon Geneseo's body of work this year, Norwich needs to score the first two goals to give them the best chance of winning...if Genny scores the first two goals, better warm up the bus...IMHO. FYI I am pulling for the team who's SID wears Hunter Green and Yellow Gold under the colors of his employer...to keep them closer to his heart.
                          Agree don't think playing from behind vs. Genny is a good idea,for that matter starting the game 0-0 is not that good of an idea as well..maybe some tomfoolery before the game may help

Comment

I haven't seen Geneseo. When two teams get to this point, a prediction about who will rule the roost is on thin ice at best.

Norwich has defensive strength. Norwich has offensive control for long stretches. Norwich plays an amazing small game. Norwich doesn't take penalties. Norwich can force the flow of the play on a power play. Norwich has one of the best defenders on the power play between the pipes. It's what Norwich does game in and game out. Wear you down, find their spot, and make it happen. Winning out in the NEHC from December until now is a major accomplishment but you're not done until your done.

Geneseo? The same I read. Two teams looking in the mirror, microscopic differences creates an epic match-up! You don't bang heads with SUNYAC or NEHC teams and not have a battle scar or two. You're not done until you are done.

Get caught up in the hype of this game, I think it will be one that will be remembered as a classic. My prediction is the winner will force the first d-zone turn over in OT, however long it takes.

Who gets to the finals will be another chapter for either team. I know both schools will be proud of the outcome. Being in the final four is an amazing accomplishment.

From a NU fan, thanks coaches and players for a kick *** year!

Geneseo? Run the SUNYAC table with a single tie against #4 Oswego from first half until now demands respect. You've had a kick *** year! All you want to be is part of the party of four at the end of the year. You're there and it is well deserved.

Both teams are there so drop the puck, have fun, and win or lose, your fans are proud of what you have accomplished.
                            Last edited by FormerCoach; 03-21-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

In 2017, Norwich had speed that Trinity couldn't match. Speed wreaks havoc in the defensive zone. Both teams have speed. I have seen teams have linear speed go nowhere. Who hounds the puck on the forecheck and forces d-zone turnovers will win the small game, leading to success to the big game. Size has no importance if you cant slow down the opposition forecheck with a compact break out. It takes 2 or more passes to get out of the d-zone and I have seen Norwich break up movement out on the first pass or channel around the net. Sound like Geneseo has the same passion for creating a turnover.

Comment

As the lower seed, we can be thankful that Norwich should be wearing the green camos, not the white ones.

We won the title in 2017 with the camos, and we're undefeated in the second half wearing almost exclusively camos. So perhaps I should be more thankful for them.
                                Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X