Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 87

Thread: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

  1. #41
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,107

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    This SUNYAC drumbeater thinks this one's a pick'em. Most games this time of year are, though I think Point has to be the favorite in the late game.
    #OneKnight

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    247

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by cetihcra View Post
    I’d love for them to kill the camo. I get the desire to engage the military heritage, but I’ll love maroon and gold forever, that’s the identity I know.

    This game, rawr, NU is definitely the dog.

    r
    What's comical, and I say this as a diehard NU hockey fan, is that there is rarely ever more than one or two actual "cadets" on the ice-dwelling Cadets. I'm not criticizing, as it has obviously worked out very well, but I always get a chuckle out of our hockey programs embracing our military heritage.

    Word on the street is the maroons may be going away forever. White or grey camo at home, green camo (which I strongly prefer to the grey) on the road. We'll see if that's true or not next winter.

    Sidenote (totally off the topic of the game): There is a large contingent of NU alumni who don't like the idea of having civilians on campus, but they go crazy for hockey. Again, just an amusing observation, not a criticism in any way.

    Back to our regularly scheduled excitement for this afternoon!

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,248

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    My first game at Clarkson saw us play (and beat) Norwich. One thing I remember was Norwich (All American) goalie Bill Cantwell was quite good.

    How is he?

    Oh - no camouflage jerseys back then. You wore maroon - we wore white.

  4. #44
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,709

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    This SUNYAC drumbeater thinks this one's a pick'em. Most games this time of year are, though I think Point has to be the favorite in the late game.
    Undoubtedly, I will admit to some jealousy at the number of SUNYAC fans on this site - I think lots of them (especially Oswego fans) have a rather one-sided view of things. That's the way it is, but I don't have to like it. I'd just like to see some balance. I guess I need to rally the Norwich/ NEHC group to step up (but let's lose the camos).
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    Undoubtedly, I will admit to some jealousy at the number of SUNYAC fans on this site - I think lots of them (especially Oswego fans) have a rather one-sided view of things. That's the way it is, but I don't have to like it. I'd just like to see some balance. I guess I need to rally the Norwich/ NEHC group to step up (but let's lose the camos).
    You - in particular - get plenty of love from Oswego fans, Prof....we love our team just like you love yours...and we are multi-dimensional...no need to be jealous with a team like yours...you are there...we are not...peace.
    LakerEagleLover

    I support tuition payments past...

  6. #46
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,709

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    You - in particular - get plenty of love from Oswego fans, Prof....we love our team just like you love yours...and we are multi-dimensional...no need to be jealous with a team like yours...you are there...we are not...peace.
    All seriousness aside I love jousting with the SUNYAC fans because Middlebury disappeared on us. I know you have a good team and an outstanding coach. (At least I don't try to imitate Fish ) Looking forward to the game. Hope I can synch up the NCAA stream with WDEV, and hope I get to see a game tomorrow between the Cadets and somebody.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,569

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    Sidenote (totally off the topic of the game): There is a large contingent of NU alumni who don't like the idea of having civilians on campus, but they go crazy for hockey. Again, just an amusing observation, not a criticism in any way.
    Sure they love them ... as long as they keep winning. LOL
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,474

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    You - in particular - get plenty of love from Oswego fans, Prof....we love our team just like you love yours...and we are multi-dimensional...no need to be jealous with a team like yours...you are there...we are not...peace.
    As the son of a Norwich 55' grad,I root for the cadets after The Lakers,no one-sided actions here,we got outplayed/outhustled etc..best of luck and again hope you stay out of the sin bin..

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    672

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by KrbFlint View Post
    What's comical, and I say this as a diehard NU hockey fan, is that there is rarely ever more than one or two actual "cadets" on the ice-dwelling Cadets. I'm not criticizing, as it has obviously worked out very well, but I always get a chuckle out of our hockey programs embracing our military heritage.

    Word on the street is the maroons may be going away forever. White or grey camo at home, green camo (which I strongly prefer to the grey) on the road. We'll see if that's true or not next winter.

    Sidenote (totally off the topic of the game): There is a large contingent of NU alumni who don't like the idea of having civilians on campus, but they go crazy for hockey. Again, just an amusing observation, not a criticism in any way.

    Back to our regularly scheduled excitement for this afternoon!
    As a former actual cadet, there's a lot of truth in this statement. The divide fades quite a bit once one graduates though. I watch almost every football and hockey game and follow as many baseball games as I can, and I don't really know who the actual cadets on the team are. I cheer for those guys a bit more when I do find out, but those little divides disappear once one gets out into the big world. Norwich is Norwich.

    Speaking of which. 0500 in Korea. Good morning and Go Wick!
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,248

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Zip Zip end 1

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,474

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    I have no sound and stop start crap,anyone else??

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I have no sound and stop start crap,anyone else??
    Everything is playing great for me

  13. #53
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,107

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Stream is working okay for me with sound, but itís a bit jerky.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    672

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Geneseo with the better of the play in the first. They had a couple good chances but not a lot of chances for either team.

    I see the Knights' speed being a factor more on defense. The Cadets are dumping the puck in but aren't able to establish the forecheck as the Knights beat them to the puck. Geneseo has also been much cleaner on their passes. Their passes are sticking where a lot of the Cadets' passes are bouncing off.
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,474

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    ugh

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    1,421

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    SOG is 8-3 Geneseo after one, they're very good at drawing penalties.

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    672

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by OSU2010 View Post
    SOG is 8-3 Geneseo after one, they're very good at drawing penalties.
    That was a helluva move to draw that first penalty. And as a Norwich fan, a hook right in front of the net is a penalty I don't mind seeing - relative to, say, a trip in the corner.
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    672

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    That was a helluva move to draw that first penalty. And as a Norwich fan, a hook right in front of the net is a penalty I don't mind seeing - relative to, say, a trip in the corner.
    Or, say, a high-stick in the neutral zone.
    Norwich '13

    2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

  19. #59

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    37,248

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Norwich 1 Genny 0 PPG

  20. #60
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,709

    Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Norwich 1 Genny 0 PPG
    These announcer did not try to get names correct. Seriously?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •