NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FormerCoach View Post
    I haven't seen Geneseo. When two teams get to this point, a prediction about who will rule the roost is on thin ice at best.
    Yup. Genny is the deserved favorite, but while NU is the underdog I don't view them as a big underdog. These teams seem very similar, as you detailed.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
      As the lower seed, we can be thankful that Norwich should be wearing the green camos, not the white ones.

We won the title in 2017 with the camos, and we're undefeated in the second half wearing almost exclusively camos. So perhaps I should be more thankful for them.
      I’d love for them to kill the camo. I get the desire to engage the military heritage, but I’ll love maroon and gold forever, that’s the identity I know.

This game, rawr, NU is definitely the dog.

r

Comment

Re: NCAA Semifinal #1 Norwich v Geneseo

That 2017 Norwich team was STUPID fast. They dominated that title game - Beginning to end. But I feel Geneseo is just as fast and aggressive.

In 2017, Norwich had speed that Trinity couldn't match. Speed wreaks havoc in the defensive zone. Both teams have speed. I have seen teams have linear speed go nowhere. Who hounds the puck on the forecheck and forces d-zone turnovers will win the small game, leading to success to the big game. Size has no importance if you cant slow down the opposition forecheck with a compact break out. It takes 2 or more passes to get out of the d-zone and I have seen Norwich break up movement out on the first pass or channel around the net. Sound like Geneseo has the same passion for creating a turnover.

Comment

Seeing all three games Oswego vs Geneseo many of us are convinced they are the best in the east. I have seen Norwich only on TV. Should be great game to watch. I have not explored the streaming , or in fact is the NCAA going to actually televised any of these games

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
            Seeing all three games Oswego vs Geneseo many of us are convinced they are the best in the east. I have seen Norwich only on TV. Should be great game to watch. I have not explored the streaming , or in fact is the NCAA going to actually televised any of these games
            Here you go:
            https://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-...h-suny-geneseo
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Geneseo? Run the SUNYAC table with a single tie against #4 Oswego from first half until now demands respect. You've had a kick *** year! All you want to be is part of the party of four at the end of the year. You're there and it is well deserved.
              Geneseo also lost to Plattsburgh back in November on the road, their only loss. They fell behind, 3-0, and came back late with two extra attacker goals to make it 3-2.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                I’d love for them to kill the camo. I get the desire to engage the military heritage, but I’ll love maroon and gold forever, that’s the identity I know.

r
                Ron, as you know, the camo thing is not a tradition, but started as a third jersey and for some reason stuck around. When NU was an all military school it was maroon and gold. I'm not a fan - when watching on line, it is very hard to see the numbers on either shade of camo. I hate the look - makes them look like a bunch of duck hunters. The only third jersey that I hate more is the Avalanche's choir robe blue things.

On to the game itself - I think a lot of people are missing the way the Cadets put things together after a slow start. There was certainly an adjustment period with the new coach, but I think it will be a lot more competitive than the SUNYAC drum-beaters think it will be. I'd expect a one goal game.
                Last edited by NUProf; 03-22-2019, 08:30 AM.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  On to the game itself - I think a lot of people are missing the way the Cadets put things together after a slow start. There was certainly an adjustment period with the new coach, but I think it will be a lot more competitive than the SUNYAC drum-beaters think it will be. I'd expect a one goal game.
                  Name me one SUNYAC drum beater who says this is going to be a blowout?
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

1 goal game with perhaps a ENG...hope to watch some later

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                      As the lower seed, we can be thankful that Norwich should be wearing the green camos, not the white ones.

We won the title in 2017 with the camos, and we're undefeated in the second half wearing almost exclusively camos. So perhaps I should be more thankful for them.
                      Yes, the camos... as much as PuckVoice and I hate them... are Norwich's secret weapon.... they make opponents dizzy but our players are used to them...

Comment

This SUNYAC drumbeater thinks this one's a pick'em. Most games this time of year are, though I think Point has to be the favorite in the late game.
                        #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post

r
                          What's comical, and I say this as a diehard NU hockey fan, is that there is rarely ever more than one or two actual "cadets" on the ice-dwelling Cadets. I'm not criticizing, as it has obviously worked out very well, but I always get a chuckle out of our hockey programs embracing our military heritage.

Word on the street is the maroons may be going away forever. White or grey camo at home, green camo (which I strongly prefer to the grey) on the road. We'll see if that's true or not next winter.

Sidenote (totally off the topic of the game): There is a large contingent of NU alumni who don't like the idea of having civilians on campus, but they go crazy for hockey. Again, just an amusing observation, not a criticism in any way.

Back to our regularly scheduled excitement for this afternoon!

Comment

My first game at Clarkson saw us play (and beat) Norwich. One thing I remember was Norwich (All American) goalie Bill Cantwell was quite good.

How is he?

Oh - no camouflage jerseys back then. You wore maroon - we wore white.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                              This SUNYAC drumbeater thinks this one's a pick'em. Most games this time of year are, though I think Point has to be the favorite in the late game.
                              Undoubtedly, I will admit to some jealousy at the number of SUNYAC fans on this site - I think lots of them (especially Oswego fans) have a rather one-sided view of things. That's the way it is, but I don't have to like it. I'd just like to see some balance. I guess I need to rally the Norwich/ NEHC group to step up (but let's lose the camos).
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                Undoubtedly, I will admit to some jealousy at the number of SUNYAC fans on this site - I think lots of them (especially Oswego fans) have a rather one-sided view of things. That's the way it is, but I don't have to like it. I'd just like to see some balance. I guess I need to rally the Norwich/ NEHC group to step up (but let's lose the camos).
                                You - in particular - get plenty of love from Oswego fans, Prof....we love our team just like you love yours...and we are multi-dimensional...no need to be jealous with a team like yours...you are there...we are not...peace.
                                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                                X