Now that one actually looked like a good goal to me
That's ultimately what they must have decided. It just looked like Oettinger was moving on his own in an attempt to make the save. Tight call. Would be nice if you guys don't drag this game out all night!
Oh boy that was an unnecessary penalty
Yes. BU doesn’t have their legs in the third. NU taking it to them so far.
Boy we need the siren to go off fast. We look dead tired.
BU defense just getting dominated
Aaaaaand there's your season.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- Winston Churchill
"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." -- Author Unknown
Terrible clear by Kotkansalo. Around the boards right to an NU player.
There were maybe 5 BU forwards out there who should be BU forwards. And the D men need a poise transplant.
They gave it a good fight. The better team won.
I’d love to see Jake back. He had a good second half. Bowers regressed. Fabrro is gone. Are the freshman good enough to get over .500? Is the coaching? We’ll see.
Sidebar comment... at $13.50 for a beer and $11.00 for a slice of the worst pizza on the planet, that might be my last garden event that I ever bother with. What a rip-off.
As to the game, we fought the good fight but the better team won.
Mookie fault. He went to bed as soon as the 3rd ended
Limiting this post to thoughts on the game:
- Overall, given the lack of Farabee, I thought we played a good game, but the better team (at least on the ice) won. I was concerned that this might be a blowout, so to go to OT and have an opportunity to win it was a testament to the effort they gave.
- As is often the case with this team, the execution (not effort) was inconsistent. The first period was very solid, despite being outshot (I believe). Then the second period was once again a different story. They had some good moments in the third and OT.
- Tough games for Krys (again) and Kotkansalo. Krys continues to pass up the easy play to try something more aggressive. How we didn't give up a goal when he lost control of the puck after trying to bring it up ice rater than pass it (the play when Chabot subsequently lost his stick), and the puck was in our zone for seemingly a minute and a half, I don't know. As I have said before, if we are down a goal late in a game, I am fine with him being out there. But in most other situations, I really would prefer almost any other defenseman on the roster.
- I also thought Cockerill struggled (despite his waved off goal). With his speed I want him driving the net. It seemed that he pulled up on almost every rush, including the maddening one in OT where he made a great play to create an odd man rush, only to lose control of the puck in his skates while trying to pull up and make a pass.
- As chickod mentioned, the clear by Kotkansalo was just one mistake too many. He certainly looked like he knew he screwed it up. But he wasn't the only one that had a failed clear. Even Fabbro made a pass directly to the NU point man at one point (a very rare misplay by him).
- I thought the waved off goal was the right call, and I thought we were lucky that they waved off the second NU goal. On the first, I thought Bobo was pushed into the crease, but then he just stayed in there and went down over the top of Primeau. On the second goal, the bump by the NU player, if anything, may have helped Oettinger get over to the side that he needed to get to to try to make the save. I don't buy the argument that they both had to be called the same way - they were not the same play. The Cockerill goal reminded me of the waved off Greenway goal last year against BC, with Tkachuk being in the crease.
A bummer of an ending to a roller coaster season...
BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing
There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)