Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Re: Boston University 2018-2019 - Still Alive!

Possibly of interest to BU fans: Enrico Blasi out as Miami coach

there's a good buck in that racket.

has anyone used the pairwise predictor to see what the boys can do to get into the tourney??
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    has anyone used the pairwise predictor to see what the boys can do to get into the tourney??
    Um...win the Hockey East Tournament. Just like last year. (I mean, you're joking, right?)

Win two games and you are in NCAA tournament. Get it done.

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Possibly of interest to BU fans: Enrico Blasi out as Miami coach
    Ayers out. Blasi in. I'd do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Getting a "touch" concerned...for you DirecTV subscribers, the game is "supposed" to be on NESN+ at 4:00 p.m.; however, it doesn't appear in the guide as of yet (the 2nd game is on "regular" NESN). They're usually up to date and well in advance, so I was surprised to see "Programming Information Unavailable."

Super Serial

In his weekly podcast for College Hockey Inc, Scholssman said there's a good chance Farabee doesn't play this weekend. Didn't say why.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    In his weekly podcast for College Hockey Inc, Scholssman said there's a good chance Farabee doesn't play this weekend. Didn't say why.
    Because he got hammered by a UML player Sunday coming over the blue line on an offside play. He stopped but the defenseman didnít. He came on for a couple of shifts after that. I saw him being helped off the ice after the second. He came out for a shift in the third, carried the puck up the left wing boards like he was in quicksand and then went right off. Iím not surprised if he canít play. I think I said at the time if he canít play theyíre done anyway.

That's interesting. I was listening to the Hockey East coaches audio conference just now. O'Connell was first but no mention of Farabee being out (unless I skipped over it). How would Schlossman get that info?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    That's interesting. I was listening to the Hockey East coaches audio conference just now. O'Connell was first but no mention of Farabee being out (unless I skipped over it). How would Schlossman get that info?
    Maybe Albie is like Belichick? It was obvious to anyone that was at the game that he could barely move.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I don't know how Schloss would know, but he's also one of the most connected writers in the country so if he's reporting it, it's good info.

Also, Farabee was on the ice as normal in the third period on Sunday.

Super Serial

Maybe Albie is like Belichick? It was obvious to anyone that was at the game that he could barely move.
    Disagree, he moved just fine all night. Didn't have a problem moving up the ice to get ahead of a defender and score in the first period.

Disagree, he moved just fine all night. Didn't have a problem moving up the ice to get ahead of a defender and score in the first period.
    He got hurt in the SECOND period. Didn't you see him holding a teammate's arm as they were skating off after the second? I'm not pointing out blame....either he tried to stop short after the offsides call to avoid a collision or the defender kept coming. I'm not saying it was intentional. You didn't see him lying on the ice? Looks like he twisted his knee either right before or after the collision.

Super Serial

He got hurt in the SECOND period. Didn't you see him holding a teammate's arm as they were skating off after the second? I'm not pointing out blame....either he tried to stop short after the offsides call to avoid a collision or the defender kept coming. I'm not saying it was intentional. You didn't see him lying on the ice? Looks like he twisted his knee either right before or after the collision.
    Also, Farabee was on the ice as normal in the third period on Sunday.
    ^^

...was on the ice as normal in the third period...
    That't not how I saw it. He didn't take his regular shift. On one shift he came out gingerly and went right back to the bench. Listen, I hope you're right and he's fine. But obviously there's a reason why there is speculation.

Well that would really be a bummer. He is on fire in terms of scoring. But it is interesting that nothing has been reported elsewhere.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Congrats on Fabbro getting second team. With Makar and Davies ahead of him, that was a tough First team to get on. I have to think Fabbro is one of the best second team d-men in a while.

And as expected Farabee made the All-Rookie team. I saw that we have had someone on the team for 12 straight years - pretty impressive.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Getting a "touch" concerned...for you DirecTV subscribers, the game is "supposed" to be on NESN+ at 4:00 p.m.; however, it doesn't appear in the guide as of yet (the 2nd game is on "regular" NESN). They're usually up to date and well in advance, so I was surprised to see "Programming Information Unavailable."
    The NESN plus website has it listed.

Quote Originally Posted by terrier1976 View Post
    The NESN plus website has it listed.
    Thanks. It's up on the guide tonight...just looked.

Blackhawks!!!

They're ****ed if Farabee can't go.

Speaking of being Belichickian... Does anyone know what Bobo's injury was (is)? Body part? Anyone? Bueller?
    It Happened!!!!

Thread Information